Beginning To Understand Her

Hey Y'all, Smoke2Js here. I was just chillin and thinking about how my stress levels concerning my 2nd grow are lower than my first. My 1st grow was done in my closet under controlled conditions, which I fretted over constantly. Now into my second attempt, I am not so worried about what I can't change. The plant will do what it will do. I just need to feed them and love them and they will grow big and strong, i hope. if not,:tokin: hopefully i learn from it.

My question to Y'all is , has any one else felt more relaxed as they got more grow experience, and does the excitement of watching her grow ever wear off?

Re: Begining to understand her

Definitely felt more relaxed the more grows I accomplished. When I first started my main concerns were mold and the fuzz. Now Im in an older built house and I get to experience all the bugs but its not a oh shit moment like it would have been in my first few grows. Experience helped me know what to look for and how to react to things happening in my garden.

Id say the excitement of growing has definitely worn off, unless Im doing something in the grow room Im never in there. I only look at the plants when Im inspecting them opposed to my first grow when I would just sit in there and watch them.

One thing that I find funny is I always feel bad on harvest that I have to kill the plant. Sometimes I find myself apologizing to the plant right before I chop em down. :)

Hey Y'all, Smoke2Js here. I was just chillin and thinking about how my stress levels concerning my 2nd grow are lower than my first. My 1st grow was done in my closet under controlled conditions, which I fretted over constantly. Now into my second attempt, I am not so worried about what I can't change. The plant will do what it will do. I just need to feed them and love them and they will grow big and strong, i hope. if not,:tokin: hopefully i learn from it.

My question to Y'all is , has any one else felt more relaxed as they got more grow experience, and does the excitement of watching her grow ever wear off?

Excitement wore off some for me, but the funny thing is, it came back (for me). I think I'm on (5th?) grow now, and grows 3 and 4 were pretty boring and I wasn't as hands on (which isn't all bad). I decided to get into better habits and give them a bit more attention and love this time, and it's paid off with better plants and a renewed interest despite some hiccups at the beginning. Journaling most recent grow has helped keep me on my game, too. Stress of it all goes way down after first grow, no doubt. However, I've found it's dangerous to get complacent because new challenges always find a way to pop up. For example, I had mold pop up in a couple of jars after last harvest (never issue first few harvests). I'll definitely make changes in drying/curing this go round. Always learning! :)

I am more into this thing than I was 30 years ago... for me, it has never waxed or waned!
In fact, I am more charged up for this Summer season than any other before it. I got all the shit in line and ready to go... WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!

well its my first grow, pretty far along and things went a bit south. must of messed up on total darkness as i now have a herme. sad face. oh well, now im all exited about trying again and worrying some more not as much though. let you know if the majic wares off:thumb:

Thanks Y'all for stoppin buy, got some fresh lemon aide if you like. I had to pull a male today :(. I caught him before he opened his flowers. It was from bag seed so I am not trippin. down to 7 in the ground. I have 5 more little ones sitting in my window waiting for a chance to go outside. I also have two males indoors, Mendo outdoor I think. Pinched some flowers from one and put them in a zipplock and freezer is their new home. I am thinking of crossing it with my Super Lemon Haze when she starts budding. I am going to pick one bud and pollinate. should end up with about 20 seeds at least. Also trying to clone Lucy (skunk #1 x Mazar) got three little ones growing roots now. Been super busy but less stressed. Having more gardening to do besides my girls is working out better. since I have other plants to think about i am micro managing my girls. :slide::smokin:

i got a few "new" flavors and its fun again,,,, harvest is in a couple weeks....

YES! I love to sit in my gardens and just stop the world for a few minutes each day. Life seems to move faster and faster so they are my vacation from the world.

YES! I love to sit in my gardens and just stop the world for a few minutes each day. Life seems to move faster and faster so they are my vacation from the world.

currently my favorite view...
IMG_52741.JPG

from my chill spot
IMG_52721.JPG
:smokin:

The one that is missing a tag is my Sensi Star Clone, that I vegged indoors until the weather was right. She is currently budding and smells great. You can see her here, she has two pieces of fish tank molding ( in V (one is black, the other tan) holding the cage in place.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..........

currently my favorite view...
IMG_52741.JPG

from my chill spot
IMG_52721.JPG

The one that is missing a tag is my Sensi Star Clone, that I vegged indoors until the weather was right. She is currently budding and smells great. You can see her here, she has two pieces of fish tank molding ( in V (one is black, the other tan) holding the cage in place.

Beautiful :):thumb:

It has been a great couple of weeks and I am beginning to get excited again. Had to pull the two front Mendo Bag seed, They were males. Caught them before they opened their flowers. Now, I am able to leave and come back knowing all is well. I am out in the mornings when I am home to care for my girls, and that has been a blessing for me. Fresh morning air, bird singing...good times for my soul.
IMG_001521.JPG
IMG_001016.JPG

See Y'all soon, till then I'll be :smokin::peacetwo:

Missing the Mendo that I pulled...no worries though, Bio GDP to the rescue (4 beans popped on the same day!)! One of my ( its hard to type holding a joint) Mendo bag seeeeds is a girl! yeaheah!(Hetfield it up!)
Stress? My roomie added two Blue dream clones to the mix, He put them right in the ground, no veg time indoors, I don't know what he is thinking, but if they do well ,they do well.
I found a few bugs on my girls today, removed them (read squished)..the joys of organic farming. I have time, so why not grow organic.

Lemon aide by the 5 gallon; check , Buds; check, munchies; check , D and D books, dice, pencils, notes, imagination; CHECK. I am ready for the weekend! Have a good one Y'all.

dig a hole 6 x 3 x 6,,, just in case ya need it.... hehehe

took a family photo, also a shot of the Big o' Pile , that is the results of my work in the back yard. All of that crap was ,well ,crap and had to be dealt with. A previous tenant was supposed to have been on top of the trash and general gardening. He is gone now, and now I and my roomies (all California MMJ legal) will be handling that (read, me, cause my roomies are in more pain than I am for longer periods of time). well here is my little family.
IMG_00558.JPG

and the big pile of crap which will be gone on the 3rd of June
IMG_005611.JPG

Back
Top Bottom