Spouses and your grow

Rolypoly

I was wondering how your spouses feel about your grow?
What surprised me about mine is that he has been incredibly
tolerant. Not one "you shouldn't be doing that!" Or even
suggest I get rid of it. OR maybe after 25 years of marriage,
he knows Im going to do exactly as I please.:)
We both grew up during the 60's and 70's, and both at one time
or another have smoked pot.
Is your spouse just as enthused as you are about your grow?
:Namaste:

My wife is enthused enough to walk in and check it out once a week or so. She was amazed at my first LED grow (so was I ). The quantity was real good, the quality was good. Couldn`t expect anymore from bag seed.

yooper rex, I never understood the term bag seed. What is it exactly. How is it different
than other seed?
Glad to hear your grow was a success.

yooper rex, I never understood the term bag seed. What is it exactly. How is it different
than other seed?

Bag seed simply refers to seeds at the bottom of a bag you purchase from someone as opposed to getting the seeds from a seed bank where the strain is known and the sex is usually female. I think that's it anyways. Although a seed is a seed. Right?

than other seed?

Rolypoly
Bag seed, couch seed means any seeds of unknown origin. They`re like a box of chocolates - you never know what you`re gonna get.

We're in it equally. I'm the brains, he's the brawn.

We got interested two years ago when I had knee replacement and couldn't take narcotics because they severely suppressed my breathing. So I was in incredible pain. At the time, I was a total illicit drug virgin at the age of 57; he was a card carrying aging hippy. A few days into the nightmare he fell on his knees, took my hands in his, looked into my eyes and said, "Honey, I can help you."

The rest is, as they say, history. We started to set up a grow two years ago, but turned back when rumor went around that his employer would start drug testing. That never materialized, so we got started this year. Love to grow it!

We got interested two years ago when I had knee replacement and couldn't take narcotics because they severely suppressed my breathing. So I was in incredible pain. At the time, I was a total illicit drug virgin at the age of 57; he was a card carrying aging hippy. A few days into the nightmare he fell on his knees, took my hands in his, looked into my eyes and said, "Honey, I can help you."

The rest is, as they say, history. We started to set up a grow two years ago, but turned back when rumor went around that his employer would start drug testing. That never materialized, so we got started this year. Love to grow it!

LOVE it :D that is so awesome!

my partner is supportive(even though she has given up smoking green about 2 years ago) as she has seen the benefits of green dollars, using green to barter for goods and services is the BEST! i love the idea of taking our power back from the need to use paper(money).. ESPECIALLY when the person you are working with in a barter smokes! sharing the love with great quality buds is so darned satisfying :circle-of-love: loL PLUS i havent paid for MMJ in well over ten years! the money ive saved growing MMJ has been a testament in itself of the benefits of growing. :Namaste::peace:

I'm 44. Got multiple medical issues and pretty bad PTSD. Started using medical marijuana this year. My wife didn't like the idea but was ok with letting me try it. It helps with so many of my issues and has change my life so much for the positive that she now accepts the idea and the lifestyle that comes with it. She doesn't smoke it at all.

She never minded me buying the stuff, or having it at home. But, for some strange reason she has been very reluctant and absolutely didn't want me growing at home. Anyway, after a while of very subtle coaxing, she finally relented and let me build a box. It's 3'x4'x6' tall. With a 600w MH/HPS. I also built a small clone box. As long as I keep it within reason, she is now supportive of me growing.

At this point, it's pretty much up to me to succeed or do something stupid and ruin a good thing.

If it wasn't for all the positive effects of MMJ growing wouldn't ever be an option for me.

My wife is fine with it. At first, she was a bit concerned cause she thought I was going to go really big with it. I was talking one or two plants, she was thinking hundreds (YIKES!) Once we got on the same page, she was fine with me growing as long as I didn't sell. Nothing gets peoples attention like 10-20 cars pulling up to your house a day, sticking around for five minutes and taking off again. Again, I just wanted to free my self from the dispensaries. I just wanted a hobby, and some good buds. At this point, I don't think I saved a dime. I think the part she hates the most is the fact that I can't stop telling her enough about my garden. At the end of my grow last year, she said "I'm pretty sure I know everything you know about growing" lol

This is so awesome. I love stories like this.

Good for you. I am a recently retired Military veteran with chronic problems. I am prescribed a bunch of narcotics but about 1 gram a day is better than all of the pills in my medicine cabinet...

My wife and I have been married for over 5 years now and have known each other and been best friends for over 20...We grew up together and partied together in our teens and 20's. I joined the Army and she went on with her life and we kept in touch with letters and phone calls over the years. I came home from Iraq one year and we hit it off, just a spark ignited and it was a whirlwind romance ending in marriage 1 month later!

I never used drugs while in the service to my country. I was medically discharged last spring after some IED's came too close and some other "excitement" as a Infantry Soldier in Iraq. I remembered the effects of smoking pot back before the Army and a friend of a friend got me a medical connection and other than the 4 hour round trip every month and the SUPER HIGH prices, everything was good.

I convinced my wife that spending $600 now will pay for itself in "savings" in 3 months. She was hesitant at first but agreed to it and I am now 1 month into my 1st indoor grow and she has heard enough about growing, soil PH, lumens and watts...she is not very enthusiastic because she asked me yesterday, "why did we spend all that $ when we could have gotten the same results in the window sill?". I told her to give me another month and she will see why.

She accepts that it is part of my life now but wishes it was legalized so I could just buy it at the store instead of the crazy prices and long drive because of where we live...

I started growing it as soon as the "law" was voted in back in 1995-96. My wife was totally paranoid and against it, so I had to keep things very, very small. I took over a closet (7ft.w X 2 ft.d X 8ft.t) in my office (extra bedroom) dividing it in half (Veg & Flower) and had to go to great lengths to be rid of the (awesome) smell. This continued until I moved where I am now. She took 2 years of a "OK" with the closet to come around and be on-board with my present grow ops. Took my shop, a 660 sq. ft. garage and turned it into 1 large flower room and 1 small nursery/veg. room. She has a cultivators license as do I (each can grow 99 plants & transport 8 lbs!). She smokes, always has, as I do also. I cultivate special stock just for her. She doesn't participate in growing, probably could care less; too bad, she's an excellent Gardner also. BUT she helps trim and is one of the best bud trimmer I have ever seen. Thanks be to God she's "OK" with it, I'd be lost without my growing regime. We haven't bought any MJ for over 16 years! Whoo-hoo!!!

sftailpaul;
You haven`t bought any in 16yrs. WOW, that`s great, fanastic, congrats on being self-sufficient for that long. I`ve only been that way for a year now. I built a room in my garage also. Inside its 7'x7'x7' insulated and heated. Worked great last winter. Had a heat problem this summer but I got around it.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

My wife is fine with it. At first, she was a bit concerned cause she thought I was going to go really big with it. I was talking one or two plants, she was thinking hundreds (YIKES!) Once we got on the same page, she was fine with me growing as long as I didn't sell. Nothing gets peoples attention like 10-20 cars pulling up to your house a day, sticking around for five minutes and taking off again. Again, I just wanted to free my self from the dispensaries. I just wanted a hobby, and some good buds. At this point, I don't think I saved a dime. I think the part she hates the most is the fact that I can't stop telling her enough about my garden. At the end of my grow last year, she said "I'm pretty sure I know everything you know about growing" lol

So many great stories and situations. I know I ended up boring my wife to no end. I was so enthuastic because I was designing my first large scale, to me, grow operation. By rights, it really is a small to mid sized operation. The real design is perpetual harvest of ongoing and assorted strains. Goal was/is to establish 6 strains particularly suited to specific medical conditions/ailments. Have achieved 3 that I keep so far. 48 flower sites on two @ 55gallon reservoirs with 1@600W HPS on light track every 6 plants (row), so 8 rows of 6/row...
God how I love this site(!), and checking in almost every night. I probably spend a lot of time here but it certainly is interesting, entertaining, a wealth of knowledge, and very well worth it.

It really is a long story over my past 16 years without buying and living in California. I actually got busted in the fall of my first year here. I know who turned me in but have left that to God and Karma. Anyway, that was when I was with another woman, whom I moved from Chicago to here with. I started growing (bag seed!) when I was with her just as soon as it was legalized here. Obviously, that didn't turn out so good. {Boring story omitted due to tendency to diatribe.} My present wife, the most adorable, tolerant of my sad a$$, loving, caring, non-repetitive and most beautiful, oh-so-and well-preserved woman, I have been with 10+ years, married for 8, is the one that took a few years of persuasion to let me grow on our property. Marriage is worth much more than a grow but honestly, a tough decision. She was simply scarred that we'd still get busted until I finally won, sold ALL the tools, equipment, supplies and benches etc. to one guy. Everything, wall-to-wall. (I like hyphens) drywall was all that remained. It was already set-up with a small room, perfect for Veg 7ft.W X 19.5ft.L X 8.5ft.T, with the flower room the same height and 25.5ft.W X 19.5ft. L. Has a superb ventilation system that I had installed when I (actually did) built the building; designed to extract fine dust particulates so I didn't have to wear a mask. I worked with Corian(R) a counter type material, looks like stone. Fast forward, I grew disabled (due 2 age) and really couldn't use the tools anymore and thoughts of selling individual pieces and all the left overs, I opted for the quick sale. Also I sold my 2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King (Harley people will know) that I had invested over $30K in to her. Wife and I toured USA 2X on her... Proceeds from both sales funded along with 3K of our own money ($15K). Nice semi-automated Hydro system. I like to build things, make stuff, everything from electronics to HVAC but especially Carpentry, my profession of over 37+ years. Now we have an abundance and can truly help others. It is B.S. what is offered from the collectives, makes me pissed to no end! Long and short, I am grateful my wife relaxed and enjoy my time with the plants. I love to experiment...
I haven't posted a journal yet but probably should. I just am still paranoid. I don't need to make anyone's job easier, esp. the rippers. I had some "educational" plants up front of our home where it is concealed behind 7ft. tall walls and building walls. Someone,2 weeks ago, went over the wall and stole one, of course, my most prized. All purple called "Black Water" and I had trained her since birth from seed.
Best to everyone...
sfttailpaul

Back
Top Bottom