Thread: The Mountain - Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Mountain - Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Hello again. I have a 4x4 tent. At the risk of being censored by mentioning brands I have 2 Mars Hydro II 900s, 1 300W LED, and 1 Viparspectra Reflector 450. I'm currently using 1 Mars Hydro and the 300W LED. My 3 plants are a few weeks into flower. One is a good half foot taller and I've put the P300 on top of that and the Mars Hydro covering the other 2. Older pic below. Not much room to the sides of my tent where the two plants are and bud sites are fairly evenly spread across.

I am very happy with how things are going, so obviously I can't leave it alone. The Mars 900 should cover about 80% of the tent for flower, but that doesn't fit well with the variable heights. I want to space them out as much as I can to get as wide a canopy as I can. Would I actually hurt my plants if I used both Mars lamps at the recommended height? Am I better off elevating the two to equalize with the taller? Just leave it? Something else.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calvados View Post
    Hello again. I have a 4x4 tent. At the risk of being censored by mentioning brands I have 2 Mars Hydro II 900s, 1 PlatinumLED P300, and 1 Viparspectra Reflector 450. I'm currently using 1 Mars Hydro and the P300. My 3 plants are a few weeks into flower. One is a good half foot taller and I've put the P300 on top of that and the Mars Hydro covering the other 2. Older pic below. Not much room to the sides of my tent where the two plants are and bud sites are fairly evenly spread across.

I am very happy with how things are going, so obviously I can't leave it alone. The Mars 900 should cover about 80% of the tent for flower, but that doesn't fit well with the variable heights. I want to space them out as much as I can to get as wide a canopy as I can. Would I actually hurt my plants if I used both Mars lamps at the recommended height? Am I better off elevating the two to equalize with the taller? Just leave it? Something else.
    Hi Calvados, you could try rearranging your plants and leave the Mars Lamp over the tallest, hang the P300 at an angle to even out the light levels (it doesn't have to be flat, I've even seen similar banks of LED's hung like a teepee.
    Calvados thanked you for this post

Onewarmguy

Excerpts from thenotebooks of Lazarus Long

You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take bigbites. Moderation is for monks.

Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I could use some insight. My seedling are 3 1/2 weeks old and started showing some deficiency. I fed them about 40 hours ago and don't see much change. Will the leaves return to normal or will they remain like this with healthy new growth. Also since it was so weak should I feed again or water next? Thanks!
    Ps the spots are light burn. Already fixed that.
    big fisher liked this post

My Second (and hopefully better) grow! - https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...try-again.html

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya folks. I have a question for you all. I have an outbreak of fungus gnats. I'm using
    sticky traps, but I also wanted to use hydrogen peroxide, which I read would kill the larvae.
    However: when I transplanted I used mycorrizal fungi. Will the hydrogen peroxide kill the
    micorrhizal fungi?. Thanks, Rolypoly.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolypoly View Post
    Hiya folks. I have a question for you all. I have an outbreak of fungus gnats. I'm using
    sticky traps, but I also wanted to use hydrogen peroxide, which I read would kill the larvae.
    However: when I transplanted I used mycorrizal fungi. Will the hydrogen peroxide kill the
    Waited to see if anyone else would reply first since I only have limited knowledge.......but here's something I've learned....I see maybe 1 fungus gnat every week or so, so I don't really stress over it.....I learned from someone to get a fan under there, have it so it's forcing air between the underneath part of the canopy and is also hitting the top of the soil in your pots.....I'm able to accomplish this with only 1 6" clip on fan...like I say I see maybe 1 every week or so, never see any sign of a problem though
    big fisher, brightlight, kelticBlue liked this post

God's First Grow - COB/LED - Cuvee - Jack Skellington - SCROG https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...ery-scrog.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolypoly View Post
    SM90, drench, weekly to begin the bi weekly.
    Works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ol' man long time grower.
    I am running straight Canna Coco.
    During early veg stage then the roots have yet to fill the top of the pot I get coco movement when hand watering. When switched to auto irr., I run this,

and the irri. creates wells in the coco.

As you can see I just put a 1" plus layer of Clay Pellets on the surface to stop the coco movement, stop the wells when using auto system and I believe it will allow the roots to completely fill the pot even to the surface, ie. hold moisture a bit better.

Am I wrong in my thinking and is adding the clay pellets going to cause a problem further into the grow?

I am 39 days from sprout.
    This is a five plant vertical grow with stacked 315W CMH and binding the plants to screens. At present, running one lamp vertical and one lamp horizontal until I achieve the height I am looking for then will change the horizontal light to vertical.

This is a pic of how I bind the plants to the screens.

GR
    Dubi, kelticBlue liked this post

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/co...ical-grow.html
    GR's Winter 2016 Vertical Grow!

4x4' Tent - Canna Coco - 400W HPS - Vertical Grow With Screens - Completed

Fall 15' White Rhino and Exodus Cheese - Completed

Spring 2016 - White Rhino & Exodus Cheese Clones - SOG - Completed

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roly, I killed off my gnats with Gnatrol The product was developed in Israel where they discovered a stomach parasite inside larvae. It kills the larvae and nothing else. The yellow tangle-foot sticky traps catch more than the white strips. Also sprinkling dolomite on the surface presents sharp edges that discourage adults from landing on the soil. Two or three treatments wiped out my infestation. I also treat my aloe vera plants for the gnats.
    Happy growing,
    big fisher, kelticBlue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Try leaving this here.

What can i do to this soil for a bare minimum functionality and low maintenance.

Climate: hot, humid. I believe the soil to be classified as entisols.

Picking up maneur for windrow today, but need at on the go method for amending entisols and ultisols.

Thanks so much! I need this.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DominaMortem View Post
    Hi, I could use some insight. My seedling are 3 1/2 weeks old and started showing some deficiency. I fed them about 40 hours ago and don't see much change. Will the leaves return to normal or will they remain like this with healthy new growth. Also since it was so weak should I feed again or water next? Thanks!

Hey Domina, I generally used nutes every other watering and I think you're on the right track might want to bump up the cal mag a little and I usually push a few galvanized nails into my soil to increase the zinc levels to the roots. Here's a chart that might help troubleshoot.

PS: Pretty grim username but NICE handwriting!

kelticBlue thanked you for this post
    kelticBlue liked this post

Onewarmguy

Excerpts from thenotebooks of Lazarus Long

You live and learn or you don’t live long.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity!

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take bigbites. Moderation is for monks.

Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your reply's, I really appreciate it. My plants are looking a lot better. I really
    love to grow and this is probably one of my most favorite of hobby's.
    Looking forward to a nice harvest.
    big fisher liked this post

Grow Journal of the Month - March 2017 brightlight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DominaMortem View Post
    The mottled leaves are Mg deficiency. See that you're using couple of Nectar products. You'd be better off getting Demeter's Destiny for Ca & its ability to use Mg from the peat or coco, which are both loaded with it. Also get Herculean Harvest...a must in Nectar. In Nectar pH at 6.0 to 6.2 in veg. Your 89 ppm is too weak. Bump it up to ~500. Feed again when soil ppm is 300-500 (700 scale). Suggest more Nectar line & omit the EJ CaMg.
    kelticBlue, big fisher, gr865 liked this post

Brightlight's Outdoor & LED Gardens
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/jo...d-gardens.html

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566