Leave the phones home

not sure what this guy was thinking,he has been in the game long enough to know better

And holy crap,why would anyone keep records??

BOSTON (AP) – When police in Junction City, Kansas, stopped a beat-up pickup truck for speeding in June 2013, the driver got a lot more than a traffic ticket: The stop led authorities to Massachusetts and Arizona, where they said they found about $15 million in cash, almost 400 pounds of marijuana and ledgers detailing drug deals going back to 1992.

The driver, Marshall Dion, told police he was a retiree from Tucson who was living off his $690-per-month Social Security check. He also said he had left his drug-dealing days behind, but federal authorities say he was still going strong at age 78 as a key player in a large marijuana operation. In his truck, police found $828,220 in cash.

Now, Dion's lawyer is arguing that the police stop and search of his truck were illegal, and everything found as a result cannot be used against him. His lawyer, Henry Brennan, plans to argue in Boston federal court on Tuesday that the evidence should be thrown out.

Much of Dion's life is a mystery. Public records show he has lived in Boston; Portland, Maine; Grand Junction, Colorado; and Tucson, Arizona. He told police who stopped him in Kansas that he was headed home to Tucson from Pennsylvania, where he had met with his accountant.

Dion, now 79, appeared to live frugally, despite the millions authorities found and two homes he owned in Arizona. When he was stopped in Kansas, he was driving a 2002 GMC Sierra with an old refrigerator and other junk in the truck bed.

His legal troubles date back decades.

In 1985, Dion crashed a single-engine plane he was piloting in Kenosha County, Wisconsin, and Dion broke both his ankles. When sheriff's deputies arrived, he was crawling along a muddy field as bills floated in the air, said Cathy Baxter, then a deputy sheriff.

"This guy didn't even admit there was any money on the plane. He said, 'That's not my money. I don't know where that money came from,'" Baxter said.

The government was allowed to keep nearly $112,000 recovered from the crash scene after a judge found it was likely drug proceeds. Dion was not charged criminally.

In 1989, after Boston police found more than 100 pounds of marijuana in his car, Dion was convicted of trafficking charges.

John Coffey, who prosecuted Dion in that case, said Dion wore a suit and bowtie and looked like a college professor. Conrad Beltzer Jr., Dion's attorney in the case, said: "He wasn't a flashy guy at all. He didn't appear to have money."

When Dion was stopped for speeding on Interstate 70 in Kansas, he allegedly told the officer he could look in his truck. "I am telling you I am clean. I've been out of the business. That was 23 years ago," he said, according to a court filing by prosecutors.

Police used a GPS device inside Dion's truck to re-trace his movements to a self-storage facility in North Reading, Massachusetts, where they said they found $11.5 million cash, more than 168 pounds of marijuana and records of customers, amounts of marijuana sold and cash balances.

Dion's records showed he "had been trafficking in large amounts of marijuana since at least 1992," prosecutors said in a court filing.

its the ledgers they found,that bothers me the most

11 million in cash??? wth,was he planning on living forever???

Ya that's nuts but he must have to keep track of a lot considering he was driving from AZ to Boston bet he was dropping the whole way and on that scale if you toting almost a million in the truck that's a lot of smoke. Let's hope the ledgers are coded so there isn't a whole mess of people with problems down the road. But he didn't have to keep them all the way back to 1992 that is pretty silly. Everything that man owns is gonna be government property.

can you imagine if the dude would have died???

wouldn't that be a hell of a storage unit to find in auction hahahahaha

Crawled from a plane crash, both ankles are broken, bills are fluttering around, and he's yelling "THAT MONEY ISN'T MINE! IT'S NOT MINE!"

What a bad ass :bravo:

I am a clone farmer. When I make deliveries I may have 200 or more babies with me.

I never, as in EVER travel with any more than my drivers license, proof of insurance, my 420 card (almost useless as far as protection though I'm in California) and a cheap throw away phone.

The throw away has nothing on it. No history. No pictures. Nada. It is ONLY to be used in case of emergency.
IF I were to see the red lights in my rear view mirror, I dial wifey and put it in my shirt pocket (open) and have her record the call. If I get pinched she has instructions of who to call, etc. The phone has never been used -- and I sure hope it never is. Since its never been used there is no history on it.

And, btw, do I need to say: You have the right to shut THE FUCK UP. Never, ever talk to the police. Don't resist. Don't get mouthy (you are prolly being recorded by the cop and it will hurt you in court), ID yourself, follow instructions and say nothing. Well, there is a couple of exceptions to the 'say nothing' rule. You can (and should) say "I do not give you permission to search me or my car." You can say, "Am I under arrest?" and "can I go now?" and "hey, these cuffs are a bit too tight." But, that's ALL.

I have had a couple of brushes with the law, and the tactics above served me well - they let me go without a search. Wrote a citation for some stupid shit - but no cuffs. One cop was kinda pissed off about me refusing a search: threatened me. But, I stuck to the script. "I do not consent to a search. Am I being detained? Am I under arrest? No? Then can I go now?" It's important to keep asking if you can go, but don't try to go until he says its ok.

Every time the nice policeman asks YOU a question, answer with the above script. If you do get popped, it gives your lawyer a fighting chance to argue illegal search and seizure and get all the evidence tossed.

~ Auggie ~

I am a clone farmer. When I make deliveries I may have 200 or more babies with me.

I never, as in EVER travel with any more than my drivers license, proof of insurance, my 420 card (almost useless as far as protection though I'm in California) and a cheap throw away phone.

The throw away has nothing on it. No history. No pictures. Nada. It is ONLY to be used in case of emergency.
IF I were to see the red lights in my rear view mirror, I dial wifey and put it in my shirt pocket (open) and have her record the call. If I get pinched she has instructions of who to call, etc. The phone has never been used -- and I sure hope it never is. Since its never been used there is no history on it.

And, btw, do I need to say: You have the right to shut THE FUCK UP. Never, ever talk to the police. Don't resist. Don't get mouthy (you are prolly being recorded by the cop and it will hurt you in court), ID yourself, follow instructions and say nothing. Well, there is a couple of exceptions to the 'say nothing' rule. You can (and should) say "I do not give you permission to search me or my car." You can say, "Am I under arrest?" and "can I go now?" and "hey, these cuffs are a bit too tight." But, that's ALL.

I have had a couple of brushes with the law, and the tactics above served me well - they let me go without a search. Wrote a citation for some stupid shit - but no cuffs. One cop was kinda pissed off about me refusing a search: threatened me. But, I stuck to the script. "I do not consent to a search. Am I being detained? Am I under arrest? No? Then can I go now?" It's important to keep asking if you can go, but don't try to go until he says its ok.

Every time the nice policeman asks YOU a question, answer with the above script. If you do get popped, it gives your lawyer a fighting chance to argue illegal search and seizure and get all the evidence tossed.

~ Auggie ~

I wonder if that the procedure in all countries though? I'm sure it'd be different in different parts of the world.

I wonder if that the procedure in all countries though? I'm sure it'd be different in different parts of the world.

You are right. It IS different in the other parts of the world. Those of us here in USA have not given ALL of our rights away - yet. But, it is true in all states in the US. You have the right to remain silent. Do it.
It is legal for a cop to lie to you. "You know, I can put a good word in if you cooperate with me. The DA will probably dismiss this if I ask him to. Why don't you tell me ...." THAT is a lie.
It is ILLEGAL for you to lie to a cop. A whole separate charge.
You can not talk yourself out of trouble - you can only make it worse.

Outside the US? Do some research BEFORE you need to know.

~Auggie~

Dude not right, keeping records like that. Hell, I don't sell at all, but even buying, I never keep any notes, numbers, anything, not stored away or lying about. If there's one thing I can remember, it's people's phone numbers after calling them a few times. Good advice on dealing with johnny law, too. Too many people don't exercise their right to silence. I got a buddy tell me he used to tell cops, "you're the detective, go detect...I ain't telling you shit."

EDIT1: Another thing, for a while I was using my phone for pics. Ever since that Snowden thing, I use a purpose-built camera for all my photography needs in the garden. I've only since taken pictures of birds and spiders and bugs and snakes and fish and gators and stuff with my phone now.

EDIT2: I sometimes wish could use SSL to upload pics here. Ain't nothing private online, though, and if Uncle Sam wants to look, they're just plain gonna look, so point might be moot.

Dude not right, keeping records like that. Hell, I don't sell at all, but even buying, I never keep any notes, numbers, anything, not stored away or lying about. If there's one thing I can remember, it's people's phone numbers after calling them a few times. Good advice on dealing with johnny law, too. Too many people don't exercise their right to silence. I got a buddy tell me he used to tell cops, "you're the detective, go detect...I ain't telling you shit."

EDIT1: Another thing, for a while I was using my phone for pics. Ever since that Snowden thing, I use a purpose-built camera for all my photography needs in the garden. I've only since taken pictures of birds and spiders and bugs and snakes and fish and gators and stuff with my phone now.

EDIT2: I sometimes wish could use SSL to upload pics here. Ain't nothing private online, though, and if Uncle Sam wants to look, they're just plain gonna look, so point might be moot.

I personally think that they'd be spending their time more wisely if they went and arrested some rapists or something! Why spend so many resources looking for a plant?

since were on the topic - i noticed if i hide my IP address i can not log into to 420 mag - Such a pain that you cant keep yourself secure - does anyone have anything they use that still lets you log in while hiding your identity - If I hide my IP then its just resets to the main page every time i log in

since were on the topic - i noticed if i hide my IP address i can not log into to 420 mag - Such a pain that you cant keep yourself secure - does anyone have anything they use that still lets you log in while hiding your identity - If I hide my IP then its just resets to the main page every time i log in

The short answer is "no".

The United States was the last spot on the planet that unconditionally guaranteed some basic rights. One of them was privacy. But, alas, we gave up ALL of our rights starting about the reign of King George Bush the 1st. We surrendered them for the promise of safety from terrorists. The current regime has really honed in the system though. Kudos to King Hussein the 1st he has done a great job of keeping an eye on his subjects.

Uh oh, someone woke up the old anarchist. 'Go back to sleep granddad - it's just a dream.'

~ Auggie ~

Not good, poor bugger

On this subject.... Are you aware that you smartphone is constantly tracking you... Not just by cell sites either...

The only people who know this is the authorities and the phone makers.

Theres is a program, in your phone code.... It list EVERYWHERE, you have been, duration of visit and frequency of visit... This is admissible as evidence and you can deny it..

Apparently it was designed to give authorities the info very quickly...

So if you go to your guys house, you will be tracked and logged..

This info just came to me by a very reliable source.,...

Cover ya arses people, they can know everything in a few clicks

:Namaste:

There's a whole thing about backdoors being written into iPhones and other smartphones, at the request of Uncle Sam, specifically the NSA. I'm sure the NSA has bigger fish to fry than people medicating, because they're supposedly chasing terrorists, or whatever it is they claim to be doing. A specific, but other program, NSA is doing is PRISM PRISM - Wikipedia It's collecting mass electronic data from the internet, especially search engine terms, emails, etc. It's like 1984 all over again. THen you have ECHELON, which I think is a satalite-data surveilance. ECHELON - Wikipedia Then you have the FBI's DCS1000, aka "Carnivore" designing to mine emails and other electronic communications. Carnivore (software) - Wikipedia

Then you have DISHFIRE, which collects millions upon millions of text messages, daily, for the NSA. Dishfire - Wikipedia

In the UK, you have Tempora, run by GCHQ, which intercept optical fibre data. I'm not sure if it's the same program, but I saw a docu on the UK literally copying EVERYTHING that came in or left from the UK, on undersea cables (pretty much backbone of the internet) Tempora - Wikipedia

The program we've probably heard the most here about is Fairview. It's the program where Uncle Sam teams up with tech companies (Apple, Microsoft, Motorola, Samsung, et al) to spy on you. Fairview (surveillance program) - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.com said:
Fairview is a secret mass surveillance programme run by the National Security Agency, aimed at collecting phone, internet and e-mail data in bulk from the computers and mobile telephones of foreign countries' citizens.[1] According to 2013 revelations by whistleblower Edward Snowden:

The NSA partners with a large US telecommunications company...[which] partners with telecoms in the foreign countries, [which] then allow the US company access to those countries' telecommunications systems, and that access is then exploited to direct traffic to the NSA's repositories.[2]

According to the revelations, the NSA had collected 2.3 billion separate pieces of data from Brazilian users in January 2013 alone.[1]

Several weeks earlier, Snowden had revealed that the NSA was also harvesting the telephone metadata and text messages from over a billion subscribers in China; however, no precise program name was reported at the time.[3]

Fairview also refers to SIGAD US-990 of the same codename, as well as a "key corporate partner" who is not identified in Snowden documents. However that partner was identified on October 23, 2013 by The Washington Post–quoting NSA historian Matthew Aid–as AT&T.

Now, it's only been disclosed that it's for "foreign countries." I don't believe that.

Lastly, in my little list, we have MYSTIC, designed to intercept voice communications. MYSTIC - Wikipedia This program listened in on every single phone call of an undisclosed nation's people for a whole month.

And people think I'm paranoid. It's not paranoia if there's truth in the conspiracy.

thats good reading AMK

very disappointing to have to be baby sat,and everyone of my friends laugh because I use a flip phone,unregistered when I leave the house and If I am going to a spot?? I dont take anything ,ever,and insist that everyone around me do the same.

I tell my buds,leave that shit at home,and just as you said,I did have someone very recently get burned by his data tracker,he got stopped for an "incident" and later discovered,his phone missing,well 3 days later he had his door kicked in,busted bigger than shit

gdamm cops stole his phone during the car search and downloaded all of his stuff,It doesnt get any more criminal than that

man ILOVE PAYING TAXES,JUST TO GET BENT SMH

You definitely aint paranoid my friend

Just wanted to get the word out... Its no myth !!!

I cant reveal the source, but rest assured its accurate.. I saw the data...

Thankyou for that great response. Very detailed.

Yes, i agree they aint gonna worry about a stoner too much. But they wait until you turn up on their radar, then hit you with other stuff from the info....

Sneaky beakies..

Lets spread the word

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom