Chlorine & flouride free water free from outside water catch barrel

LEDBud

I was doing what most of us do who do not have a RO filter , I was trying to clear the chlorine from the tap water by using Aeration from my bubbler for 24 hrs before use , this is not always convenient or even effective so I started catching rain water in a barrel / trash can for tater use.

I still aerate it for 10-20 hours before use but with no danger of the microbe killing chlorine and fluoride in it

for me I have a endless supply of rain water until the hot months of summer arrive , then I can use creek water from the forest with its mineral rich content.

I thought I would mention it to others who are battling the chlorine as I was.

Normal clean rain has a PH of 5 to 5.5 , Acid rain has a PH of 4 which is acidic enough to kill fish and aquatic eggs.

If your battling Chlorine a catch barrel will give you much cleaner healthier water to water with.

:peace:

I was told the chlorine will naturally evaporate off of water if left to sit exposed to the air in about twenty minutes. I don't know about the fluoride question.

You have a good solution to the issue and it works for you. I'm on a well so I don't worry about it. :goodjob:

Aside from the fluoride killing your microbes, I wonder how much of it finds its way into your bud. That would be my biggest concern.

I have read that fluoride is radioactive , well part of fluoride is, its made up of dozens of toxic chemicals , I watched a program some years ago that uncovered in the late 50's or early 60's fluoride was marketed by the owners of chemical factories as a way to get rid of its toxic waste while getting Rich.

Myself I have read that chlorine takes 24hrs to evaporate off its surface if it is exposed to the air, like in a large pan or the bottom of a bathtub.
Also read that using a bubbler for 24hrs will clear it , with intense aeration.

But I personally would like to see the tests or check myself for the chlorine levels before and after aeration to feel safe about it, its to easy to be mislead by people who were mislead themselves. A test is the only way to know.

I may buy a chlorine ppm meter in the future , they are from the same family of meters that test for salt levels in sea water and phosphorous & nitrate levels in fresh water. they are not a hard meter to get your hands on.

I have read that fluoride is radioactive , well part of fluoride is, its made up of dozens of toxic chemicals , I watched a program some years ago that uncovered in the late 50's or early 60's fluoride was marketed by the owners of chemical factories as a way to get rid of its toxic waste while getting Rich.

Absolutely true.

Where I live they put a form of fluoride called hydrofluorisilic acid in the water supply, and this stuff is incredibly toxic. It's listed as a Part II Poison under the British Poisons Act of 1972 and is banned in most civilized countries. Do a little research on this stuff and you'll see why I stay the hell away from tap water.

If I won't drink it I won't feed it to my girls either. If even trace amounts find their way into my bud then I don't want to smoke it. I only use well water that I know with certainty has no chemicals in it.

its scary stuff , could be why Cancer is so prevalent , or one of the reasons.

Many water districts use Chloride instead of Chlorine , Chloride does not release from the water as readily as the chlorine does (apparently)
So some people are stuck with it in their water so to speak.

i was planing on installing a water butt due to the charges and i thought it would be just simply fresher for the ladies:) good call on the river water and micro nutes GreenCaper iv a river quite close i was thinking of even getting a liter of river water and adding it to 2L of rain water just to richen things up and as a test. Iv always been curious about water and watering. My tap water is about 7.7 and when i buffer it to 6.5 it willl only stay 6.5 for a few hours and slowly move back up, must be the chemicals reacting. just a thought:D

Just to keep things more filtered in the water butt, something like this before it goes into the water butt and theres a fine mesh cilinder like thing u can get for when the waters comming out so things should be pretty clear in the water and even tho it already has micro nutes in it. i was thinking it might pick up some extra from leaves, moss and the likes in the gutters before it goes through filtering :)

I read that you need to boil water for a hour or two to remove chlorine which is quicker then freezing and thawing , although consumes more energy.

I have not read anything about freezing water to remove chlorine but it sounds like it would work ?

This is a good topic for me cause I've been wondering. I live or have access to a pond, very fresh water, have not tested it yet. But I'm wondering if I can use it this summer for grows?? What kind of tests would I want to do anYone? I've never tested even the ph. But like I said it's super clean

As long as the pond has life in it frogs water bugs etc. it will be great water to use.

although I suggest a cheap PH pen (that would need to be calibrated before each use) or a aquarium PH monitor so you can test it and adjust it.

You can lower the PH by adding concentrated lemon or Vinegar , most water will be more alkaline then acid and require a PH down.

your plants will grow larger faster if you use the right PH water. For aeroponic's they tell you to be between 5.5 and 5.8 for soil I believe its 6 to 6.3

Yeah, it supports life. Like a mofo. Last fall I pulled an eight pound dinosaur (large mouth bass) from there, I regularly pull fish over my fifteen years here. It's a spring filled kettle pond, not a huge perimeter but 60 feet deep in two spots. If I wasn't spoiled diving in all the warm climates I have I'd dive it for fun. But I've been spoiled.

Last year I was dragging five gallon buckets of pond water out it and into my catchment tank/system for my regular garden. Between that, and rainfall I didn't use anything from the tap for my pumpkins, squash, and a few other areas. So, I know it's not going to kill them, I bet I did my outside grows with that water, come to think of it.

This was a topic I was going to research but you folks brought it up, so thanks!!

Free sun, free water,,, if only it would stop snowing ;)

Hi everyone I wanted to check back in and show you how the rainwater is working out for me.

I have been using AN nutrients and Rainwater throughout the plants life.
My rain water has a PH of 6.2 and the AN nutrients lowers the the water/nutrients PH to 5.8

32 days from seed
P3080081.JPG

37 days
P3130099.JPG

46 days
october_8_014.JPG

Rain water Natures Forward Osmosis water !

So don't be shy , if you were Leary of using rain water give your local rain water a try.

Well water in my area is perfect for making beer just as it comes from the ground. If you are fortunate enough to live in an area with good ground water it would be easy to fill up cans for free with a simple one inch shallow hand driven well and hand pump! Even though I have a well I still collect and use rainwater a lot for my plants. It is usually ionized from the natural storm cloud it came from and possibly even some natural nitrogen washed from the air charged with lightning action inside the clouds! At any rate plants love rainwater! Chlorine will gas out of the water over time, fairly rapidly but I too would be very concerned with fluoride! I also use the water from my water garden/koi pond, plants love it! It can feed and water at the same time! If you use good compost well made from many sources in soil grows, you usually don't have to worry much about PH if you water with rainwater or pond water in my part of the world. I WOULD NEVER USE THE MUNICIPAL WATER AROUND HERE BECAUSE OF THE FLUORIDE AND CHLORINE!

I was a little apprehensive when I first started using rain water , I thought it could be slightly toxic due to the pollution but that proved to be false. My plants have been using rain water from seed to harvest.

I am using Advanced Nutrients PH perfect nutrients.

I used to grow organic back in the day but have moved onto prepared nutrients / supplements for their ease of use and speed of delivery.
It uses a mass of natural ingredients mixed with synthetics for better effect.

It is easy for me to do organic feeding, because I live on a hobby farm and grow a lot of gardens, raise sheep,goats,horses and chickens! Lots of old bedding, manure leaves, grass trimmings and etc. going into my composting! I have also used commercial fertilizers with great success in the past as well as hydroponic growing, but I have gravitated to growing my smoke just like my food, naturally. Either way you grow, in regards to nutrients, rain water rocks for me! If it wasn't for the control freak's goons, I would let most of my smoke receive it's water outdoors directly from heaven as much as the clouds would provide!

Back
Top Bottom