What happen to great pot back in the days 1995-2003

2clean

I use to get pot back in the days between 1995-2002.. stuff back in the days where u just take one hit and it taste sweet like purple even though its a green strain. IT WAS INDOOR FOR SURE!. hard to explain the flavor but it taste sweet and earthy and is really smooth down the throat and give a huge smooth lung expansion..

I mean one or two hits and you are done.. sells for 350-400 back in the days and now u cant even find it.
i been going to the dispensaries and all there stuff is good and top shelf but not like stuff back in the days.
stuff these days u have to take up to .3-4 hits.

rumors back then was the pot was coming from upnorth from canada before 911 ,another rumor was it came from indoor grow in humboldt county..

ANY OF U KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, ITS WEIRD BECAUSE MOST OF THIS CAME FROM THIS SAME GUY AND EVEN THOUGH HIS STUFF WASNT ALWAYS THE SAME BUT ALWAYS WAS POTENT AND DEFINITELY HAD THE SAME TASTE...MUST BE SOME BREAKING BAD SCIENTIST...

PLEASE SHARE YOU INPUT..

lol....
ALL I KNOW IS THAT
1.ITS SMOOTH
2.EARTHY TASTE AND SWEET
3.MAJOR LUNG EXPANSION

SO YOUR SAYING U MEET THE CRITERIA??? LOL

MANY OF THE STUFF AT THE CLUB THESE DAYS LOOKS GOOD BUT DONT SMOKE BETTER THAN IT LOOKS.. MOST IS HARSH.... WHO LIKES HARSH STUFF??

money got in the way,, now any pro grower grows what grows fastest with the most volume, and grows past it's prime to add weight, and then cuts all the sugar leaves off and keeps those babies for hash and i bet then screens all the buds to take the trichomes off the buds and then probably spits on it just for fun then sends it to us, buggers,,

I noticed the buds came from small plants and not big plants because the size of the stems and bud.. im thinking scrog or bloomed 1-2 weeks after vegg or topped many times.. all i can say is the stems are small but dang, 1 hit and it taste sweet and major lung expansion..

professionals smokers and old guys would smoke it and e3veryone that takes a hit will cough no matter how long they smoked all their whole life... i mean thats how potent this stuff was.. impretty sure they used lots of carbohydrates, i would say mollases for sure.. thats one secret from old growers.. they really know what they doing!!

many of these guys retire after making so much money and now they just grow personal for them self..

high for like 3 hours straight peaking!!! thats how good it was.

b.c.bud, back in the day was the best around, least the stories are told,, b.c being british columbia. i saw a video of one of the original runners into the states,, from b.c. to oregon maybe,, before it was done anywhere else,, they said the bud was like no other anywhere. it was the guy that was growing it, indoors kinda, new technology in breeding maybe, not sure, but everyone else copied him. i am not biased either, being a b.c.boy

i think we maybe talking about the same guy.. he/she is like the breaking bad eisenburg of marijuana.. this stuff floated around the MONTEREY COUNTY,CENTRAL COAST CALIFORNIA AND IT WAS LIKE A DRUG.. one hit and u cant even drive man...

some one said it was called b.c. crypta..
all of the stuff had the same taste and was smooth..must be the same guy.. i havent seen that stuff since 2002..

closest i found to that stuff was in 2004 and 2006 when granndaddy purple came out, it was similiar,taste and quality..but again,that was a purple strain..

That bc bud was also mistaken at times for just "indoor" skunk. 97 was when I started and I was young. Been in Some big underground grows. There also was p13 which is close to catpiss but way better.

I agree I think some great genetics were lost in the war on drugs.

Was it sticky?? And dense. ?? An ounce of this stuff looks small, half a sandwich bag but well worth it. I would mind paying $350
A zip. It's worth it. One hit and its a wrapp. The guy that grows it has many strains but all taste the same and potent. I wonder sometimes will it show up again. When I mean sticky I don't mean wet. I mean sticky gory and taste so sweet and earthy. Cone on guys. I know soneone out there knows what I'm talkin about. It was a lot floating around back then. I know it all came from 1 guy that's all I can say.

Lying corrupt governments is what happened my friend. Nearly every country tried to wipe Marijuana out of the history books and off the face of the earth, which is why we have lost and continue to lose landrace strains. I sure do miss the classics though, RIP CHOCOLATE THAI

Yep, really miss the old Columbian Gold of the 70's. Had a very distinctive flavor and smell profile. You could spark one at a party and hear people say, "Owwww, Lumbo, gimme, gimme, gimme!!".

I miss the Christmas bud from the mid 90's that used to come around in the winter months in the midwest. I've never tasted anything like it, and it tasted just like christmas.... a piney/peppermint type of smell and taste to it. I remember it being a major lung expander, where the hit would be smooth but after inhale you would cough like no other....and it only took 1 or 2 hits to be almost paranoid high, seeing things out of the corner of your eye or hearing noises amplified...

I also know it was rumored to come in sealed cans, however I never saw one for myself..... it was called Christmas Bud, or Christmas Tree nug, and I remember it about 3-4 years in a row, right around Christmas only, and then never saw it again, and this was probably about 93-95 or so. Anyone remember it? or have any clue what it was? I have been trying to find out for years?

That is the very stuff I have been trying to find. It never had a name from where I got it. But I always called it Christmas Bud. Smelled and tasted just like a pine forest all the way through the joint. Even if you relit one it still tasted great. It would always show up in late Nov or early Dec.

Let me know if you come across some....

I miss the Christmas bud from the mid 90's that used to come around in the winter months in the midwest. I've never tasted anything like it, and it tasted just like christmas.... a piney/peppermint type of smell and taste to it. I remember it being a major lung expander, where the hit would be smooth but after inhale you would cough like no other....and it only took 1 or 2 hits to be almost paranoid high, seeing things out of the corner of your eye or hearing noises amplified...

I also know it was rumored to come in sealed cans, however I never saw one for myself..... it was called Christmas Bud, or Christmas Tree nug, and I remember it about 3-4 years in a row, right around Christmas only, and then never saw it again, and this was probably about 93-95 or so. Anyone remember it? or have any clue what it was? I have been trying to find out for years?

I started smoking around 96 and the stuff we got was mainly from the south of the border. It would sometimes come uncompressed and was always killer for the most part. Dureing November and December it was always fresh coinciding with the harvest in Mexico around October. We called it Christmas weed for that reason it was always good at Christmas time and very green and fresh. It was always sativas though we didnt know it at the time we just knew we were all laughing at the end of a smoke. It was plentiful and cheap depending on who you knew. It was after 9/11/01 the supply tightened up and for a period of about 1 year it got really dry. Today the market of the cartels have shifted to meth and less cannibus. The same people I knew then are growing there own now or get it from a friend who grows. As far as the quality I think its better now. Its never compressed and we get good quality 12 months of the year instead of just around Christmas time. I know I have smoked my fair share of less then satisfactory quality but we managed with what we had.

My parents used to called the christmas stuff puma bud / puna bud.
But this was in the early 80's .

Best bud i ever experienced was in the early 90's always a trip always.
Everything afterwards 93-99 was just junk.

Here are a few strains from back in the day that I can recall. Probably mid 90's.

Skunk Bud
Super Skunk
Northern Lights #5, and I think I remember a #3 and #1 then too
Afghani
Juicy Fruit
Orange Bud
Christmas Buds
"creeper" LOL, bud that the high crept up on you.
BubbleGum (making a comeback recently)
Ak47
White widow
White Rhino
maui wawi
big bud
warlock
hindu kush

Thats about all the strains I can remember that were going around back in the early to mid 90's. Of course there was the ever popular mexi brick and commercial which was seedless brick. :)

Yep, really miss the old Columbian Gold of the 70's. Had a very distinctive flavor and smell profile. You could spark one at a party and hear people say, "Owwww, Lumbo, gimme, gimme, gimme!!".

Ahhh yes, that good old 'Lumbo. That's what I was weaned off Mama's tit with. Would love to have a bag of that shit again.

Seems like all that good smoke you'll talking about coincided when you'll first started smoking? Who was smoking during 70's-80's only to find the good shit during the 90's.... 2025, remember that badass shit from mid 2000's that Pineapple Express and 8ball kush, lol... I do remember getting shit around 1992-94 and it was laced with horse tranc or something, 1 hit and that was it, but not stoned just foooked....

Back
Top Bottom