Lowest Stress Training

CKBuddy

Hi All,

I'm still quite new to the site and still on my first grow but have had quite good success so far.

I am currently into week 6 from seed and week 2 of flowering with 3 plants. I'm using hydroponics with the flora grow series and a few additives from various other nutrient companies.

Due to my hydroponic set up low stress training was going to be an issue due to the wires or screens. Hard stress training would have been the easy solution but as it's my first time and I had a short veg stage I thought I'd leave the plants alone altogether and just see how it goes.

Out of interest I decided to stick some extra bulbs in with my 400W HPS around the body of the plants. This now gave the plants new sources of intense light. I noticed after a week that the growth towards the smaller lights was actually forming new colas.

I removed the lights after the first week and a half and now all the new colas are growing upwards. Some have even over taken the apical bud and are even bigger than it.

So I now have about 8-9 colas per plant with no training. This could just be luck or chance and as it is my first time maybe it was going to happen all along and I just got over excited but I said I'd share this and gauge what some of you more experienced peeps have to say on the matter of super low stress light training haha.

Peace!

That was a good call, thought about doing that myself today, but didn't know if it would do any good.
I'm running hydro to, DWC system-4 planters, It's my first time too. Good Luck and keep up the good work.
If you have any pics, I would like to see them.

no stress training, lol, NST; determining growth by manipulation of light source?

sounds legit.

Back
Top Bottom