Throwing in the trowel

kaiser soze

Always had a black thumb, and don't know why I thought this would be different. I'm only 4 weeks into an auto grow, and every week a new problem has come up. Today, I bent the main stem over trying to continue some LST, and didn't snap it, but it seems to be a "closed fracture". Sucks because I'm really just doing this try and have control over what I put in my body to combat depression and ADHD. oh well.... Looks like it's back to the black market. Thanks for the inspiration though, everyone!

I used super glue to repair the top of a bud that almost broke all the way off. She's still growing. Stay positive and think outside the box to solve problems.

Don't let a bad grow get you down! I have a black thumb as well! My first grow seems to be going well. But, I know so much more about growing bud than anything else because of this website! Don't give up! Read as many grow journals and educate yourself. Start up a grow journal and let everyone else help teach you the ins and outs!

Try a photo strain. Autos are not noob friendly because they have a limited schedule that needs to be kept healthy. I ran into several problems during the first month of my first grow too, but had time to fix things and put them back on track. Just need patience, don't try to skip corners on your research or auto strains.

I have never had much of a green thumb either, so I went with Doc Buds High Brix kit. Seems like a pretty simple solution to a multitude of problems for a new grower. I know it's a bit late for you to do, but maybe next round. I agree that you should tape it up and keep it moving.

The only way you're going to beat back that ADHD is to stop throwing in the towel at every little setback. I raised my #2 son who was ADHD so I know how easy it is to get frustrated and give up. Have it myself so he came by it honestly.

I bend and break stems on purpose to make the girls do what I want and the colas above the damaged stems always grow the biggest so what you've done is no big deal.

Just step back and go do something else for a while when you feel that urge to trash whatever it is that is getting your goat. The damned problem may never go away but as you get older you learn to deal with it or let it screw up your whole life like it's done with mine. Drank most of my life away and my boy is still tweaking his away and he's 31 now. #1 son never had ADHD and was mellow from birth but thanks to his mom leaving us when he was young he turned to food and booze. Now as big as a house and looks ridiculous sitting on his Harley.

Just keep at it and you can beat the black market and the satisfaction you will feel after smoking your own bud will help you beat or at least manage your mental problems a lot better.

I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together! :hug:

L8r

I couldn't agree more for the Auto comment. "Try a photo strain. Autos are not noob friendly because they have a limited schedule that needs to be kept healthy." I'm trying an auto for a quick flip for my first grow. I was wanting to to some training and supercropping but she was already into flower before she was big enough to train. I'm just going to let her grow all natural for my first grow. I don't want to stunt her growth and get a poor result because of it. I'm going to be throwing Trainwreck in some water later on today. I'll get my veg time in and start messing with all of the cool techniques on my second grow.

Nothing worth while in life comes easy. There are gonna be bumps in the road but with a bit of perseverance and confidence you will go far. I sure hope you reconsider. Good vibes your way.

Super glue and tape, have used `em both with good results. Don`t give up, we`ve all killed plants and that will be one lesson well learned.

Dont give up man!:thumb: Listen to some of the advice being given here.These guys wont steer you wrong.Just get you some beans started and let them go without trying anything too advanced.And once you have the basic concept of keeping one alive you can branch out from there.One of my stalks broke on the grow I have now and I took sewing thread and wrapped it around it like 100 times.Just dont overthink it you will get it.:high-five:

DONT GIVE UP!
Im on my first grow and a few times early on i thought i had just blown a couple hundred for nothing. But i would leave my grow and go back to it when i was more calm and thinking a little clearer :blunt: :blunt: lol
Once you realize that this is one of the most resilient plants youll prolly ever grow things will start to go alot smoother.
Like these fine growers have said put some duct tape on it or the one i really like string 100 times around!!
I grew photos for my first grow so there was more room to mess up and let them recover.
But all wasnt lost and i snapped the main stem almost in two!
Once it healed and bounced back i realized i had just helped my plant in the long run (supercropped)!
And even if this grow does have to be scrapped like failing at anything else in life you gained something more valuable EXPERIENCE!
You now know the NEXT time what NOT to do and that is more valuable than anything you can read online or any forum.
Be easy just keep at it and youll see it was well worth it no matter what happens with this grow.
Good luck man

The only way you're going to beat back that ADHD is to stop throwing in the towel at every little setback.

Word of wisdom right here. One of the major causes behind my ADHD is my impatience, I get super-invested into something new and exciting but often get put off by the patience and training needed to accomplish my goals.

When you've learned the discipline it takes to reach said goals it will really change your outlook on life, you'll realize nothing's impossible as long as you put your mind to it and that all that energy you have actually gives you an advantage in learning to do something new.

But discipline is not easy to learn, practice makes perfect and remembering OldMed's words when you're feeling at your wit's end will help you a lot along the way.

I'm not a master grower, but when i was a kid my mother used to take me out every spring to help her clean up the yard and start up her vegetable garden. My mother taught me the basics of growing tomato, onions, celery, all kinds. She also taught me how to mix up soil to get the best quality veggies. I applied all her knowledge she passed on to me with growing cannnabis lol I used to not want to do this because i wanted to just go inside to play video games, but now i would do anything just to be able to re-live those moments. Some of my best childhood memories are from that, Thank you Mom! I miss her so much R.I.P. Mom.

The only way you're going to beat back that ADHD is to stop throwing in the towel at every little setback. I raised my #2 son who was ADHD so I know how easy it is to get frustrated and give up. Have it myself so he came by it honestly.

I bend and break stems on purpose to make the girls do what I want and the colas above the damaged stems always grow the biggest so what you've done is no big deal.

Just step back and go do something else for a while when you feel that urge to trash whatever it is that is getting your goat. The damned problem may never go away but as you get older you learn to deal with it or let it screw up your whole life like it's done with mine. Drank most of my life away and my boy is still tweaking his away and he's 31 now. #1 son never had ADHD and was mellow from birth but thanks to his mom leaving us when he was young he turned to food and booze. Now as big as a house and looks ridiculous sitting on his Harley.

Just keep at it and you can beat the black market and the satisfaction you will feel after smoking your own bud will help you beat or at least manage your mental problems a lot better.

I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together! :hug:

L8r

Excellent response! Take a bow sir.

Dont give up! nature is the BEST place to be when dealing with ADHD. Nature is forgiving and patient. breath deep, walk away and come back to your plant. trust yourself allow for mistakes...all the best! keep growing!:slide:

Back
Top Bottom