Oxygenating roots

Scottmaine

so I have this idea and it consist of running aquarium hose through your pots and have it hooked to an oxygen bottle and of course a titan regulator so that a lights out you can supply raw oxygen to the roots. now of course this could help speed up drying of medium but watering before lights out would help. just wondering what you all thought or if its been tried. what say you all

Sounds good in theory but I have never tried it. I would have to say one thing and that's if you were going to try it don't use Oxygen. Using O2 would greatly increase the price of this little experiment. By using normal air which contains about 79% O2 the price would drop to almost nothing and still have the same effect. I did see a company once advertising their particular system which did this. They used a fish aquarium pump which can be purchased very cheaply and used normal 1/4" drip line to move the air into a pad with holes drilled in it and claimed that their system was the be all end all in cannabis cultivation. Never saw it go to far though. Good luck with your garden.

That's a good point garylee. Like I said it's just a brain fart thought,but I really think there could be something to it. Maybe it needs to be wrapped in afabric,like smart pot fabric. Just seems to me plastic pots don't let enough air in and smart pots dry out to fast. Albeit everyone is doing fine without this, but could be a leading edge in production and possibly yield ? Thanks for your reply and I look forward to some more and talking further with ya . Till then grow on and don't settle for what works,improve!!

hello fellow Mainer. I have used my bubber in a couple of pots on the bottom for better root production. Also used a moonshine hose to my closet from fermation bucket giving c02. Both are hard to say it helped. The bottom of my pots are 2 inches of perlite for air and drainage.

Back
Top Bottom