Anyone up for a challenge?

This marijuana growing is very interesting to me. I do have a challenge, however...

I am BLIND!

Additionally, I am a heart transplant Survivor. I hold the dubious distinction of being the only one in the United States ever blinded during the heart transplant procedure. Therefore, I old illegal MMJ card and am entitled to grow up to 3 plants and I need to do it indoors.
I know the challenges involved with someone like me, but I have my wife with me who has a good pair of eyes for the times and steps that eyes would be needed for the grow. I was wondering. Does anybody want to take up the challenge of teaching me how to grow?
I am on a very limited government disability income. Therefore, I do not have much money, if any, extra 2 invest in dispensary costs. Because of my limited income, I tend to run out of my meds before the end of the month when I get paid.
I am sure I can afford the initial expenses, albeit overtime. I certainly hope someone is willing to step up to the plate and teach and old, disabled man how to save money by growing his own meds.
Thank you and may God bless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420

E4G,

Sorry to read about your vision plight, that's gotta really suck. Since you can post a message from a Samsung phone with a 4 inch screen, can we assume you can still read words or listen to text via a OCR voice reader application?

I guess I'm asking what specific help can we provide about teaching you to grow MM?

Can you read words or do you have software that reads to you from your device?

Best of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

This marijuana growing is very interesting to me. I do have a challenge, however...

I am BLIND!

Additionally, I am a heart transplant Survivor. I hold the dubious distinction of being the only one in the United States ever blinded during the heart transplant procedure. Therefore, I old illegal MMJ card and am entitled to grow up to 3 plants and I need to do it indoors.
I know the challenges involved with someone like me, but I have my wife with me who has a good pair of eyes for the times and steps that eyes would be needed for the grow. I was wondering. Does anybody want to take up the challenge of teaching me how to grow?
I am on a very limited government disability income. Therefore, I do not have much money, if any, extra 2 invest in dispensary costs. Because of my limited income, I tend to run out of my meds before the end of the month when I get paid.
I am sure I can afford the initial expenses, albeit overtime. I certainly hope someone is willing to step up to the plate and teach and old, disabled man how to save money by growing his own meds.

Hey champ im willing to give u and wife a hand.Do u have any horticulture knowledge or u have any dimensions for size of room or ya gunna use tent???/?Do u have any idea wat strain or specific medical needs are required.Im happy to help if i can.

I am BLIND!

sounds like a very worthy cause. I know this is a long shot but by chance do you and your wife live in Oregon? The only reason I ask is because if you do I would be happy to not only help you get started growing but could also help with some donations from my grows until you are able to get your grow up and running. I grow way more then I medicate with and have been just giving it away to family and friends, I am sure there would be plenty to send some your way if your anywhere near by. I also may have some grow equipment I would be willing to give you as well. I know it is a long shot but if you do live in Oregon or Washington I just think it would be a shame if I did not step up, except your challenge and go one better.
Any thing I can assist you with please feel free to ask any time.
Oldergrower
Oregon

Hello J. B.. In answer to your question, my phone has a screen reader and text to speech operating. I have no sight at all, so my phone does almost everything for me, as far as reading text comma speaking text, it cetera. It cannot tell me what is in any kind of image file, however. I am a raw rookie at growing. Never done it in my 57 years on this Earth.
I've done some reading on this subject. I have come to the conclusion that I need to use a water only/no-till soil and L. E. D. lighting. I have very limited space, and a very limited ability to exhaust any heat. I have a basic list of ingredients in my mind that
I need to make the soil, but I have no idea what measurements to use of what. Also, I do not know where to go to get the lighting equipment, nor what kind of equipment I need. That's the extent of what I have found out so far.
Thank you for your response, and may God bless.

Feather duster and OldGrowe... My complete and total thanks and admiration. I will be private messaging you guys as soon as I can figure out how to do it. LOL
Old gross... I live in California, but I do hold a legal MMJ card. I don't know if that will work, but I will be happy to accept anything you are willing to donate to my cause from Oregon. I have been researching on briefly about strains and their effects. My wife has had a recent total knee replacement and surgery on both of her hands and wrists, and she is also swing analyzed anxiety disorder and depression. I suffer from insomnia, chronic back pain and depression. I hope that is the information you need.
Thank you guys and may God bless.

O... And I almost forgot. I have periods that I will have serious headaches from my eyes. They are not consistent or constant and I am not having any problems at this time, thank God. But when they do occur, it's not very pretty.

Older grower I had to do it u r a superstar.mate its so gooood to see someone stepping up and helping someone out.all ur offers or willingness to donate equip and meds is outstanding. These people will benefit greatly due to ur generosity and willingness to help.its good to no that there are people out there just like u.good shit man.

Eyes4Grandpa,

Thanks for the info, I think it helps us to help you if we know what challenges are greatest.
I also will be glad to help you in any way that I can do so. I can only imagine the challenges you must face everyday with blindness, especially after having had sight for so many years. God bless you! PM me if you desire private communications. MM advice is often best in a forum setting as the wealth of knowledge and experience on 420Magazine is the finest I have found anywhere in the Internet. Kind people too!

LED lighting is surely a help to new indoor growers, very simple, not too hot and somewhat difficult to burn plants. Overall, LED has a lot of positives for a new grower. I second the recommendation for Mars Hydro LED panels, they are very decent quality, are priced fairly, and best of all have proven effective over 5 grows for me. From Seed to Bud, all with one light. Surely other illumination types have their advantages too, but I'm not trying to start a illumination war! SmokeSara is a member on this site and the representative for Mars Hydro. She can provide you good information regarding coverage requirements and can usually invoice a lower price than any other purchase method. Best of all MarsHydro is a sponsor of 420Magazine, and running this website isn't free by any means!

SuperGroomer posted a great thread concerning LED selection the link is here:

How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Not sure how your device handles links to other pages ...

OlderGrower is just awesome at helping folks on 420 Magazine. I think we are all about the same age so that might be advantageous in our communications as well. Just ask, we'll try to help. Image describing software ... Facebook, JAWS, and several other programs are available that can describe an image or picture in words. Not sure how effective they are, but maybe worth a try.

Standing by ...

Best Of Buds

JB

:nicethread:

Hello J. B.. In answer to your question, my phone has a screen reader and text to speech operating. I have no sight at all, so my phone does almost everything for me, as far as reading text comma speaking text, it cetera. It cannot tell me what is in any kind of image file, however. I am a raw rookie at growing. Never done it in my 57 years on this Earth.
I've done some reading on this subject. I have come to the conclusion that I need to use a water only/no-till soil and L. E. D. lighting. I have very limited space, and a very limited ability to exhaust any heat. I have a basic list of ingredients in my mind that
I need to make the soil, but I have no idea what measurements to use of what. Also, I do not know where to go to get the lighting equipment, nor what kind of equipment I need. That's the extent of what I have found out so far.
Thank you for your response, and may God bless.

JB... I will if needed. However, I believe that these kind of things along on an open thread. It helps a lot more people that way. And that link could you please place it in a separate post, or send it to me all by itself is AP m? My phone will read it, but if it's within anything else it is impossible to find and click.
What you say about this website and all the people in it... 100% And in agreement! This is the best place I have been, for anything that I have been doing on the web for the past 15 years.

I thought I would update you in your thread, mostly because I would love to see others getting involved. I wanted you to know a bit more. When you mentioned you planned on growing without a tent in your closet I had concerns that the humidity could create an issue for you and possibly create mold and mildew in your closet if not vented properly. So I did a little research and found you a nice little grow tent that will fit inside your grow area which will allow you to use ducting to remove the humidity from your closet via 4" ducting which is easy enough to get. Basically it is like a flexible dryer vent. Also a Temp/RH% meter to put inside the tent. I know your blind and will need to have the wife read it for you, but it is information you will need to keep tract of. I would prefer that you were using an LED light but that is not within your budget, though I did find a 250 Watt CPF Fluorescent light fixture, though a LED would be a much better choice if you can figure a way to make it happen. The tent could be purchased through a 420 sponsor Mars-hydro. It measures out at mars hydro grow tent -2' 3''x 2' 3''5' 3''(7*7*16cm) or 2'3" by 2'3" by 5'3" which should be perfect for your space requirements. Ideally I would love to see you with a Mars-hydro Reflector 96 for inside that tent but I am not sure your budget will swing that much. So here is what you will need to focus on picking up, a vortex fan, one that moves at least 6o to 85 CFM, some flexible ducting to match the fan size you purchase, 1 bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest grow soil or something that is similar, and NO MIRACLE GROW. It is much to hot for young small plants. A small oscillating fan, keep a look out at Goodwill for that. Two 2 gallon cloth pots, 2 solo cups , 2 plastic 1 gallon pots, just ask a neighbor who grows flowers or a garden, they will have tons they will give away for free if you ask nicely. A PH pen, yes you will need one and your wife will need to help PHing your water/nutrients but it should only be 2 to 3 minutes tops every 3 days or so, that you will need to inconvenience her. When she is doing this she can also tell you what your Temp/RH% are at, plus what the Minimum and maximum have been since you last checked. I know you want to do it yourself but think of this as more quality time with the wife :love: Forgive me if I am slow at getting this all accomplished but like a book it is not always about the ending, the journey there is what makes it fun and interesting. While I wish I could do more I have restrictions I have no controls over.

I thought I would update you in your thread, mostly because I would love to see others getting involved. I wanted you to know a bit more. When you mentioned you planned on growing without a tent in your closet I had concerns that the humidity could create an issue for you and possibly create mold and mildew in your closet if not vented properly. So I did a little research and found you a nice little grow tent that will fit inside your grow area which will allow you to use ducting to remove the humidity from your closet via 4" ducting which is easy enough to get. Basically it is like a flexible dryer vent. Also a Temp/RH% meter to put inside the tent. I know your blind and will need to have the wife read it for you, but it is information you will need to keep tract of. I would prefer that you were using an LED light but that is not within your budget, though I did find a 250 Watt CPF Fluorescent light fixture, though a LED would be a much better choice if you can figure a way to make it happen. The tent could be purchased through a 420 sponsor Mars-hydro. It measures out at mars hydro grow tent -2' 3''x 2' 3''5' 3''(7*7*16cm) or 2'3" by 2'3" by 5'3" which should be perfect for your space requirements. Ideally I would love to see you with a Mars-hydro Reflector 96 for inside that tent but I am not sure your budget will swing that much. So here is what you will need to focus on picking up, a vortex fan, one that moves at least 6o to 85 CFM, some flexible ducting to match the fan size you purchase, 1 bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest grow soil or something that is similar, and NO MIRACLE GROW. It is much to hot for young small plants. A small oscillating fan, keep a look out at Goodwill for that. Two 2 gallon cloth pots, 2 solo cups , 2 plastic 1 gallon pots, just ask a neighbor who grows flowers or a garden, they will have tons they will give away for free if you ask nicely. A PH pen, yes you will need one and your wife will need to help PHing your water/nutrients but it should only be 2 to 3 minutes tops every 3 days or so, that you will need to inconvenience her. When she is doing this she can also tell you what your Temp/RH% are at, plus what the Minimum and maximum have been since you last checked. I know you want to do it yourself but think of this as more quality time with the wife :love: Forgive me if I am slow at getting this all accomplished but like a book it is not always about the ending, the journey there is what makes it fun and interesting. While I wish I could do more I have restrictions I have no controls over.
If I knew where the like and thank you are, that post would have one more of both, Older.
I wish I knew how to copy paste with a screen reader and Text to Speech engine operating I would put that into an email or a text to to myself for easy reference. The search begins. Hopefully a tent and lighting can be saved for and each one become affordable sooner than I think they will be.
My thanks again, Older. Thank you also to the rest of you that contributed to this thread. God bless, one and all!

Do not mess with a dragon...
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I'm completely blind and I WILL bring up some girls, no matter how long it takes!

I'll see if I can find peejay soil mix, it's a three part soil mix for seedling, veg and flower. Its add water only....
Best of luck....
Here we go...

seedlings:
2 gallon Promix HP
2 qt perlite
1 cup compost
1/4 cup yum-yum
3 Tbsp step 1 (mycorrhizae)
1.5 cups water

Veg soil:
6 gallon Promix HP
1 gallon perlite