Disaster struck

whitecat

Well, our 3 girls came up and were doing fine they were about 2 inches tall. But last night our kitten got into our grow box. I got him out in time to save one plant. So then I started 2 new seeds immediately and not long after they were soaking in the cup one of the cats got on the counter and somehow broke the cup. Happily the 2 seeds were fine and put in another cup way out of the way of any cats. This all seemed pretty bad, but in hind sight realized we now have our girls in a much better and safe place and the new seeds are in the plate right now making tap roots.:thumb:

What is kind of funny, though, we named the plants (a habit of ours). One was called Molly Brown (because the seed never sank during soaking), Hillary (because the tap root was crooked) and Melania (not sure where that one came from, except that the tap root was long and skinny. And NO we DID NOT vote for Trump.) But of the 3 plants Hillary was the only one who lived through the "attack". Thought that was kind of funny.:laughtwo:

Re: Disaster srtuck

Curiosity killed the cat is an old saying lol What strain or strains are you growing?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Disaster srtuck

I am growing Trainwreck and glad you asked. I have a question and maybe you will know the answer - before our little "problem" the plants were about 2 to 3 inches tall and had 2 pairs of leaves on the top. Do you know if having a long, though fairly fat stem with just leaves on top is normal? It seems that every photo I see of young plants the are short and have more leaves. I do know that Trainwreck is a Sativa and will get tall, but just not sure if what we have is on the norm.

Their all different but the closer your light is the closer the node/leaf spacing will be so you could probably move your light a little closer like 3 to 6 inches every three days, until you start seeing light burn or heat stress then back it off a bit and maintain that distance through out the grow.

Thanks redmud. I'll give that a try. Looking at "hillary" this morning, she doesn't seem to be changing at all. She is about 3.5 inches tall and still has only 3 leaves. I am wondering if she was traumatized by the cat attack and quit growing. I tell you getting started is hard especially when you are a novice.:straightface: I got the 2 replacements planted last night. Here's hoping.:cheesygrinsmiley:

We all were novices at some point no worries, are you letting the soil dry out a bit before watering again it helps the roots to grow which means faster growth above ground.

Remud you are the best!!:thumb: That is a good suggestion for us to try. We also got a new LED grow light today and just installed it. We had an old florescent grow light, so maybe this one will have a better spectrum on it. Thanks for the encouragement, it is really needed about now. :thanks:

I hope the cat's DNA did not mix with the Train Wreck. I've never had the urge to grow the Cat Piss species. The kitty litter box smell might throw off the spoilers though. Hillary eh?
Happy growing. :volcano-smiley:

Something I learned the other day about cats if you want to keep them away from anything put orange peels around it, I put one in my hand and held it in front of my cat and she bolted into the other room

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes, I've heard that too. But this time we got smart and put the girls in our spare bedroom, door shut!! Actually we have much better set up now that way - got a good grow light - LED and a small fan. We lost the other one, but the 2 we re-started are doing very well. Perhaps we are on our way - AGAIN! :thumb: Thanks for the suggestion.

Is this your first grow? I am in the process of redoing my growing set up, I have just out grown my little tents I used and needed something that was larger and more permanent. Do you grow in a tent or something else. I am looking for ideas I can pull from while building my new setup

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes it is my first grow and it has been a learning experience to say the least. We are very low tech with our set up. We re-started 2 seeds, got a new LED grow light that has made a significant difference in the plants and have added a small fan. The plants are in coffee cans with dirt we got out of our chicken run mixed with peat moss and composted chicken litter. We have the cans in a plastic tote it works well for our small operation. We spritz the plants off and on during the day when we think of it and with the fan going I have had to water the girls at least every other day. They look good and they are safe in our spare bedroom with the door closed. Don't know why we didn't do that in the beginning, but.............. Good luck to you I hope you have a good grow.;)

Back
Top Bottom