Monster Cropping: Flowering Clones

XobeMan

Monster Cropping (a.k.a. Flowering Clones) is new method of growing that one of our members brought to my attention. Monster Cropping essentially involves taking clones from flowering marijuana plants, and then rooting those clones. They will reenter vegetative state and eventually create super-bushy plants with a large amount of nodes and branches. This method was dubbed "Monster Cropping," because that's exactly what you'll end up with–huge, monster plants.

Start by taking clones of a marijuana plant that is about 3 weeks (21 days) into the flowering stage. This is usually the ideal time to take the clones, but you can also take clones later on without affecting the results. Lower branches are ideal for cloning because they haven't become stiff, and they will root faster than something like the top cola. Take the cutting and place it in a glass of water. Let it sit there for some time so that no air finds its way into the vascular system (a problem that can be fatal for the plant). The cut needs to be made along the stem so as to increase the surface area for the uptake of water and/or nutrients (depending on the cloning technique you're using). In my own experience, a small hydroponic system or a propagation bubbler is easily the best option for cloning marijuana plants.

You will have to go back to a vegetative light schedule for the clone (18/6, 20/4, or 24/0). These clones won't need much light, and you can get away with using a single small CFL bulb. Removing buds at this point will encourage the plant to go back to the vegetative state, but do not mess with the flower on the apex.

The clones should root in several weeks' time, but some will never take root. To combat this, make sure you take a large number of clones so that at least one will take root and survive. You may want to put the clones inside of a humidity dome. These can be found at gardening centers or you can custom build one to meet your own needs. The increased humidity of the dome ensures that the plants won't dry out, wither, and die. Be sure to ventilate the dome each day to avoid a mold infestation.

The most important aspect of cloning is to give the cuttings enough oxygen. A propagation bubbler is perfect for doing just that.

The marijuana clones won't be anything spectacular to begin with, but, when they root, they will start reverting into vegetative state. The clones will start growing once they've rooted adequately, and they will produce single un-serrated leaves to begin with. Normal leaves will start to follow soon after. Applying some training might be wise during this stage. Simply tie down some of the tops to encourage an increase in branching. Adding a little heat underneath the clones will increase the rate of the rooting process substantially.

As the marijuana plant starts to grow, the amazing branching power of your flowering clone makes itself known. The plants will turn into genuine monsters, and you don't even have to top the plant. The great thing about this method is that you can avoid topping and fimming altogether because the flowering clone produces tons of new branches on its own.

Another benefit to Monster Cropping is that you don't have to keep any mother plants around. When the clones go through vegetative state and enter flowering stage, they can give you even more clones. The never-ending harvest is recycling at its most efficient. For anyone who needs to limit the amount of plants they have, this idea has significant merit.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Read this post before, a few times. You didn't credit whoever wrote it.

I've rooted plenty of cuttings from flowering plants, and revegged quite a few plants as well, and am pretty skeptical of these claims. Clones from flowering plants are much harder to root and have a greater chance of failure. Yes the resulting plants grow really bushy and you have to prune them a bunch at first to get them under control. But what good is that? I don't see any advantage. I haven't noticed any difference in yield. I just aim to fill the available space under the light with a nice even canopy of buds, and whether those buds are from a regular clone or one cut in flowering makes zero difference- there's only so much space and so much light.
But there is the occasional person who pops up and raves about 'monster cropping', so maybe they noticed something I missed. Wouldn't be the first time.
As far as not needing a mother plant- I just cut my clones before I put them into flowering. Have been keeping my favorite strains going this way for years. Sometimes I have to cut clones in flowering but it's not preferred. The later in flowering you cut, the lower the chance of rooting.

Good info. Thanks Xobeman.
BTW, licensed is spelled wrong.
Ur welcome.

As for the word licenced and licensed it all depends where you are from and if your using it as a noun or a verb.

For example:
Do you have a license? ( US ok) (UK not ok)
I need to license this truck. (US Ok) (UK not ok)

If i were to say: This person has a license to smoke cannabis this would be correct in the US but not in the UK.

If i were to say: May i see your cannabis licence, this would be correct in UK.

Its weird i know.

I am Canadian with English Heritage.

So i have a Cannabis License and i am a Licenced cannabis user.

Read this post before, a few times. You didn't credit whoever wrote it.

I've rooted plenty of cuttings from flowering plants, and revegged quite a few plants as well, and am pretty skeptical of these claims. Clones from flowering plants are much harder to root and have a greater chance of failure. Yes the resulting plants grow really bushy and you have to prune them a bunch at first to get them under control. But what good is that? I don't see any advantage. I haven't noticed any difference in yield. I just aim to fill the available space under the light with a nice even canopy of buds, and whether those buds are from a regular clone or one cut in flowering makes zero difference- there's only so much space and so much light.
But there is the occasional person who pops up and raves about 'monster cropping', so maybe they noticed something I missed. Wouldn't be the first time.
As far as not needing a mother plant- I just cut my clones before I put them into flowering. Have been keeping my favorite strains going this way for years. Sometimes I have to cut clones in flowering but it's not preferred. The later in flowering you cut, the lower the chance of rooting.
Well there is no 100% as to who was the official person to write it up so therefore i did not credit anyone.

The internet is a vast place for information, google can be your friend or enemy.

Anyways i read it in many places in the interent and passed it along in here.

I am hoping many can either debunk this or make it plausible, but people have to be good at growing and experienced in what to do and not to do when Monster Cropping.

6 weeks ago I took a lower branch 3 inches long off an indoor bagseed plant i that was 2-3 weeks into flower, H&G roots exelurator and clonex into rock wool and coco with the days at their longest here in Aus (14 hrs of light) I decided to throw her outside in a solo cup sized pot. Within 2 weeks I was up potting her and I'm about to up pot once more and move back under lights soon as the days will be tapering off shorter. She is now 16 inches tall. Depending on on her growth il switch her in maybe 3-4 weeks from now.

420-magazine-mobile482138342.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1636953847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

6 weeks ago I took a lower branch 3 inches long off an indoor bagseed plant i that was 2-3 weeks into flower, H&G roots exelurator and clonex into rock wool and coco with the days at their longest here in Aus (14 hrs of light) I decided to throw her outside in a solo cup sized pot. Within 2 weeks I was up potting her and I'm about to up pot once more and move back under lights soon as the days will be tapering off shorter. She is now 16 inches tall. Depending on on her growth il switch her in maybe 3-4 weeks from now.

420-magazine-mobile482138342.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1636953847.jpg

Wow thats awesome as look at all those branches its going to be a monter bush for sure.

Normal clones will not sprout that many branches even after topping you lucky to get a few more is all, but monster cropping wow gives huge amount.

The one thing is you need to clone about 10 or 15 as not all will root, but if you can get even 5 to root you will get huge yields compared to normal clone yields.

In a few weeks you will see a huge difference from now, then clone it again and again ... flower it and clone again..

Il post up here every so often with progress report for ya. That's the only clipping I took mate so a bit of luck involved I think the H&G roots exelurator played a major part. I swear by that stuff it's expensive ya get what ya pay for tho. I haven't been growing long' 6 months. (20 odd plants maybe 6 different styles medium and environments to get a feel for what's best for me. Same nutrient line just different strengths at appropriate times.) I can see a definite boost in success with clones and general size of plants since using it. It's now a permanently stocked item in my nute selection.

Nobody else trying this out?

Love to see more results.

I don't usually differentiate between cuttings made in early flowering, or a regular plant and a revegged one. I find that they all end up the same in flowering.
I've got a plant revegging right now which goes through the same process as a clone cut in flowering- it gets bushy. By the time I've vegged it for a few months and put it back in flowering it's just another plant. But I could pay more attention this time and see if I detect any difference in yield, or any other benefits.

I don't usually differentiate between cuttings made in early flowering, or a regular plant and a revegged one. I find that they all end up the same in flowering.
I've got a plant revegging right now which goes through the same process as a clone cut in flowering- it gets bushy. By the time I've vegged it for a few months and put it back in flowering it's just another plant. But I could pay more attention this time and see if I detect any difference in yield, or any other benefits.
Ok thks and see how many more Buds are growing, maybe best to cut before flowering and then once again (in flowering) when the same plant u just cut from starts flowering wait 2-3 weeks or 21 days to do the flowering cut.

A side by side would be nice to see, both from same main plant.

One normal
One from Flowering

Just remember 1 cut may not root.

Ur welcome.

As for the word licenced and licensed it all depends where you are from and if your using it as a noun or a verb.

For example:
Do you have a license? ( US ok) (UK not ok)
I need to license this truck. (US Ok) (UK not ok)

If i were to say: This person has a license to smoke cannabis this would be correct in the US but not in the UK.

If i were to say: May i see your cannabis licence, this would be correct in UK.

Its weird i know.

I am Canadian with English Heritage.

So i have a Cannabis License and i am a Licenced cannabis user.

Yea your right over here that would be as you've said as us and over here spell a few things different

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

Lets see some more peple try this out as its suppose to allow way more branches to grow buds and therefore no trimming needed no topping needed.

Its suppose produce way more of a yield compared to normal clones.

I scored a clone from someone in desperation. Only info I have is from looking at it. It's obviously started flowering and it was from a tall sativa soil plant. I have had the clone 2 weeks and there is zero sign of roots. Leaves have just started to turn a pale green, but have been bright and looked healthy up until now. The stem doesn't look mushy or dark and gross like I have seen others. Could anyone shed some light whether this is promising? Or if 2 weeks I should have at least bumps?
IMG_20170217_144154.jpg

Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

Yes. The cutting will get paler and probably show some yellow tips as it uses up the nutrients in the leaves. Keep it around 75° with a small light source above it. A 13w cfl several inches above it is plenty.
As the yellowing progresses in the leaves it is generally a sign to me that rooting is getting close. Two weeks is a common time period and it often takes a little longer.

Yes. The cutting will get paler and probably show some yellow tips as it uses up the nutrients in the leaves. Keep it around 75° with a small light source above it. A 13w cfl several inches above it is plenty.
As the yellowing progresses in the leaves it is generally a sign to me that rooting is getting close. Two weeks is a common time period and it often takes a little longer.
Thanks heaps weaselcracker. I knew because it was a flowering clone it would take a while but it really tests your patience when it's a couple weeks and no sign of anything but pale leaves haha I feel like it's in the right conditions and it's not dead so gotta be positives!

Aero & DWC Fridge Grow - Sativa Clone - Will Need Help With Keeping Her Small

Back
Top Bottom