New grower fan help please

zzerg85

hello,

went through a lot of "help i need a new fan" topic and i really didn't wanted to open another one....here we go anyway
so i have a new 4"x 2"x 5"3' tent (requires min 53 CFM to keep things happy) and i need a silent!/affordable (less than 100 pounds) fan to go with it /and a carbon filter if you have any suggestions but i haven't got myself into that topic yet, but that's next/
so far i narrowed it down to the one that got recommended by my tent manufacturer on their website. it looks ok to be honest i just don't trust websites and their recommendations for the obvious reasons...it has a fan controller and 163 CFM and 55dBA Max. i imagine if i turn this way down it will be a lot more quite? plus i would mount it with bungee cords for more stealth.
Pro Air Acoustic 5" Powerful EC Fan and Controller
number 2 on my list: phresh hyper fan 2x more expensive. i seen a youtube video and it was pretty convincing.
Phresh Hyper Digital Mixed Flow Extractor Hydroponic Duct Fan 6" 8" 10" | eBay
and my last one is :the TD fan, seen this name come up quite a bit on forums as some sort of standard. only has 2 speeds but supposed to be silent
Soler & Palau TD-160/100 SILENT In-line Ventilation s&p Fans (230V50HZ) NEW | eBay

I also just found about variac controllers. Not sure what to do

any info or input welcome

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Geez I wish I had more input here. I finally ordered a new fan this week. I've used the same loud-ass fan for ten years and finally scraped up the 700 dollars for a new fan and filter. I got the Hyper fan because I find that paying for quality is always cheapest in the long term. The store I use had another model half the price. But it's cheap Chinese crap that will break down at some point and cost me more money and grey hairs when I suddenly have no ventilation for my grow.
Just make sure you have yourself covered with enough ventilation for the hottest time of year.
If you're in Canada I'll pass on the name of the store I got mine. Far cheaper than anywhere else I found.

Yeah it's a bit like that where I am too. But there's still days in summer when that fan runs a lot.
Phresh also has a Hyper fan Stealth which incorporates a muffler and is far quieter.

Rhino is a good bet, hydro shops sometimes do a starter set with fan filter and ducting and my local did the rhino so that's what I got but it seems like plenty of folk use them and talk them up anyway so I figured it was a good bet.

They do run loud as fuck but I've got mine on a controller dialled down to quarter strength and it sucks the sides of me 2x2ft tent right in and isn't too loud :D

Sent from my FP1U using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You may think you only need 57 CFM of air extraction but in practice losses from the ducting and filter and a hot room could easily double or triple the CFM requirement.

For best results you should pull air into the tent with one Fan and extract it with another , although in your small space its less critical

The cheapest set up for your space is 4" Vortex enclosed / duct type fan with a speed control and a 4 " carbon scrubber odor filter.

Keep in mind a 6 inch fan and filter combo would run quieter and the carbon would last longer due to the size increase

Holy expensive Fan/filter combo you got there Weaselcracker , is the filter a Can brand or what ?

Geez I wish I had more input here. I finally ordered a new fan this week. I've used the same loud-ass fan for ten years and finally scraped up the 700 dollars for a new fan and filter. I got the Hyper fan because I find that paying for quality is always cheapest in the long term. The store I use had another model half the price. But it's cheap Chinese crap that will break down at some point and cost me more money and grey hairs when I suddenly have no ventilation for my grow.
Just make sure you have yourself covered with enough ventilation for the hottest time of year.
If you're in Canada I'll pass on the name of the store I got mine. Far cheaper than anywhere else I found.

Yeah. Canadian dollars- 300 for the 10" Hyper fan (which seems to be 500+ everywhere else I looked) and 250 for the Can Lite filter. Shipping and some for the government, and it was 700.

Back
Top Bottom