Mainlining does it really yield more?

You also have to consider the extra veg time required to mainline. It's not worth it to me.

"Just look at the flowers." THE WALKING DEAD.

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Every time you bend it under to the next section it needs time to recover as well. I'll have to do a side by side test to see for sure I guess. Back to OQ.( thanks for answering )
OP get a definitive answer? I've been curious about that too. They say that lower growth steals energy from top growth when flowering so trim away the bottom stuff to increase the top buds. So that theory is basically saying your buds will max out on weight, either way? So mainlining should be the same ( I disagree ) but if that theory is correct then single cola plants should yield the same as a supercropped plant. ( so not true, I would have a bud the size of my leg )
Does it yield more than say.... a plant that has just been mainlined? The theory with mainlining is giving each branch, more or less, equal dispersement of energy. Mainline beside a supercropped plant IMO would yield roughly the same ( an organized supercrop ). Vs single cola, way more. Vs scrog?? Idk. I'm iffy about that as I like nice strong branches that can easily support a 1/2 oz. I'm thinking the smaller the stem the smaller the bud.
Am I on track?, experienced peeps?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think it has a lot to do with what style of growing your doing to what would be best.

Scrog works great for dirt or RDWC.

But with DWC buckets I would say mainling or a modified mainling has worked real well for me.

I will get it to split to two main stems and then grow out 4 or 5 Colas per side or I will top it and then pull the upper fan leaves to let the light down into the middle of it and grow it out buy suppercropping 6 to 8 limbs along with the two I get from topping.

That gives me what I call a Medusa.

I really only want to grow Colas. Because I just grow for myself and I do not like popcorn. Plus it is a waste of space growing all the leaves.

I am happy with 8 to 10 Colas per plant.

I do a perpetual DWC. So I need to move them from time to time.

Thought I'd share :Namaste: I grew 2 White Widow from CKS. One plant I did a small manifold/flux (10 colas) and the other was just LST. Didn't flip the lights until day 43 - fairly short veg. Yield wise, they were almost identical but the manifold lady had bigger but fewer buds. I think if I let the both veg longer, the manifold lady would have yielded much more.

:passitleft:

Golfer420 - CKS White Widow - Soilless Mix

I don't think the style makes as big a difference as the skill of the grower. I have seen some gorgeous mainline style plants. The ones I tried were on the small side, as said, they have to recover and it takes longer. That's all skill too I think.

I did manifold (mainline, hate that term) for a number of grows. Grew some nice buds but I switched to Vertical growing with coco. I ain't going back.

Averaged over 8 zips per plant last vert grow. Biggest yield for my manifolds was are 5 zips.

I do 5 plants around two 315W stacked vertical on screens.

GR

Day 21 of 12/12
20171214_091231_2_.jpg

I realize this thread is very old but maybe someone can answer this: how does mainlining compare to the bending technique? (Bending the main stem sideways)

Every time you bend it under to the next section it needs time to recover as well. I'll have to do a side by side test to see for sure I guess. Back to OQ.( thanks for answering )
OP get a definitive answer? I've been curious about that too. They say that lower growth steals energy from top growth when flowering so trim away the bottom stuff to increase the top buds. So that theory is basically saying your buds will max out on weight, either way? So mainlining should be the same ( I disagree ) but if that theory is correct then single cola plants should yield the same as a supercropped plant. ( so not true, I would have a bud the size of my leg )
Does it yield more than say.... a plant that has just been mainlined? The theory with mainlining is giving each branch, more or less, equal dispersement of energy. Mainline beside a supercropped plant IMO would yield roughly the same ( an organized supercrop ). Vs single cola, way more. Vs scrog?? Idk. I'm iffy about that as I like nice strong branches that can easily support a 1/2 oz. I'm thinking the smaller the stem the smaller the bud.
Am I on track?, experienced peeps?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not really. Lots of it depends on genetics. Some strains are naturally vine types while others can have a massive stalk with huge stems. I have seen strains with huge stems not produce well and viney ones produce tons. That is with genetics only being considered. How a plant is grow will change how big the stalks and stems will be in some cases.

I didn't notice the age. LMAO just jumped right in and ran my mouth.

I use the bending and super cropping at the same time in lots of cases. Mostly with sativa's as they tend to want to grow tall. Bending gives lower branches a chance to catch up. In most cases you can get all the branches into the canopy. Indicas just bush out on their own.

Some strains will not super crop worth a darn. Mostly strains with single cola type genetics these will need to be topped.

LST then SCROG is faster and more productive.
I usually get between 25 to 35 good sized colas per plant with LST and SCROG.
I never top, just LST, then use the SCROG to separate and even out canopy.

20160917_101920.jpg
Did you say you never top ? I want to do a Scrog run like this but only using autos and my main concern was that topping them would hurt my yield

Back
Top Bottom