Good genetics?

Gardenseed

The odds of getting a great looking plant is from my experience in the seed. I've been reading allot of threads that all to often the grower thinks he is doing something wrong when all it comes down to is that it's a "dud", a misfit with a bad genes. Seeds are like children. You can raise 2 or 3 good ones but there is always that one stragler who just isn't right. You love them just the same, but you know there just not what you planed on.

YEP! I have a Tangie that just won't get better. Yellow leaves burned tips wilting. This plant looks terrible. It would be hard to convince anyone I could even grow with it. All plants in the same soil 80/20 happy frog and perlite. Everything else is happy and growing strong.
new_pics_021.JPG

Poor girl

It's like having a sick child. But at least you know your not doing anything wrong. Its Darwins theory of evolution. Two genetic strains (male and female) mixing together to make a slightly different recipe for each offspring. Some times its for the better, (the genetics ("recipe") will prosper and grow into a mature plant. Then pass on a slightly different recipe to its offspring every time trying to "better" or evolve the recipe. If the mix is slightly off in any given area that's not beneficial to the plant. It will struggle and eventually die off. ;)

Soil was mixed really well because I had to blend the perlite in. It sucks but such is life. I haven't given up on it yet maybe things will turn around. From my experience mostly these plants never get totally better and just take up needed space. Plus there is more chance of a hermie from these sick plants.
Funny story about the recipe thing. A friend made a cross and ended up with a plant that smelled total disgusting. I mean bad! You couldn't hardly stand the taste. He had to scrape the whole project. In the end he got to where he wanted to be and had a great purple strain.

Back
Top Bottom