My first grow

TheDarkTriad

Hey all this TdT here. This is my first journey into growing cannabis. In this thread i will be posting questions, photos, updates, etc. ANYTHING you guys can offer me as advice will be appreciated. So on with the show....

So the little lady i chose is a GG #4. I like this strain a lot so i thought i would give it a go. FYI her name is SUNNI.
sorry about the sideways pic i always forget on a iphone to take the pic sideways ohh well ill try to get my act together.

At this point i super cropped the two main stalks, and just giving plenty of sunshine, Im using daylight around 9-11 hours a day. Then i top off with a CFL light indoors for a few extra hours. while the light was a budget light... lol only 24wts, its what i could afford at the time since im disabled and cant afford a 4-600wt light.

i have done minor removal of some leaves that had spots(looked like burn holes).
Have a good soil (organic) so this coming month i plan to intro some nutrients. had some questions regarding the npk values. i read 12-12-12/ 20-20-20 are good choices.
Have done a little research here and there and i keep finding that liquid kelp in a spray bottle will help growth, spray it first thing in the morn and then before bed time.. as well as guano and others. any tips would be awesome.

I am guessing the plant to be around 5-6 weeks old? height from soil to tip top is around 14 inches at this point.
Since it is a hybrid will i be looking at height and bushiness?

Also i am putting this pic of the base to get some ideas on if they should stay or go...

they are growing i got around 1-2 inch growth in a week, however they are completely at the base and i fear they are just a waste of nutrients.

This is about as good of a pic as i can get atm , photography isn't my strong suit.

So with all this said, and i hope it makes sense to all of you reading. Should i continue on? kill it start over? or make sweet sweet love to her every night?

Looks healthy. I would eventually remove the lower branches, but not everyone would do so.

Obviously, more light would help.

removing the lowers is for sure on my mind, then i considered a two part harvest. at this point im going to see how they grow for a few more weeks. i dont have a exact age of this girl so im using 5-6 weeks as a guide,

quick question i have purple steams and stalks, i have read this usually mean a cal mag diff. however i have noticed some clearing and splotchy clearing returning to a nice green color.

as far as light im getting 9-11 hours a day outside then use the CFL light for around 6 or so. you think i need more light exposure then that?

If they are in full/summer time light outside that's fine, I would not even use the CFL. Why not just grow the plant full time outdoors?

I would not be too aggressive chasing a fix for the purple stems - your plant looks fine to me.

well for my situation i.e i live in los angeles. the way the houses are set up here the sun starts to clear the houses around 9am the sun goes below the houses around 430 pm at that stage thats 7 1/2 ? hrs you think thats enough?

and for the steams i read that purpling is caused from two things one being a cal mag diff, the other being the rare genetic purple buds. so im just wanting to make sure im on the right path... anyone have so info on what nuets to use as far as 12/12/12 or 2/1/6 or 20/20/20, and are these used in veg state only or through flower.

Back
Top Bottom