How much taller do you think she will get?

red420

I am growing a Himalaya Blue Diesel Auto. She is 47 days from seed and she showed her first hair at 29 days. I am growing in Roots Organics soil and using their 5 ml Master Pack for my nutrients and Mykos. The plant is now 25+ inches tall and takes up most of the floor space. Basically the walls of the tent are starting to hold up some of the stems. The tent is 27"X27"X63" and I have a 300W Mars-Hydro LED and 6" inline filtration. She is in a 5 gal. fabric pot. The temps range from low 70's when light is off and high 70's when light is on. Humidity ranges from low 20% when fan is on and high in the mid 40's to mid 50's when the light is on and can go up in the 70% range when the light and fan are off. The fan runs on an on/off cycle of 1 hr on/2.5 hrs off and repeats. I just purchased a right angle adapter for my light and will gain 3 more inches of height but then I will have to figure out what to do with the filter if I want to raise the light any further. So how much taller do you think she will get. Below are some pictures from today. Also below is a link to my journal. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.
:Namaste:

1st Grow - All New Equipment - 300W Mars-Hydro & 27"x27"x63" Tent

IMAG107710.jpg

View image in gallery
IMAG107611.jpg

View image in gallery
IMAG10749.jpg

View image in gallery
IMAG107511.jpg

View image in gallery
IMAG10787.jpg

View image in gallery

My plants tripled in size the first couple of weeks of flower. I definitely was not expecting it

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

looks like she might be close to her max ... structure makes me guesstimate another 10-15cm (4-6 inch?) ... but then again i never grew this strain all i can do is compare the structure of the plant with my blue dream auto which is farther along ...

Pt

edit: she looks mighty fine btw ... keep it up and she will reward you hansomly

on an auto ...?? not advisable but you can i guess .... i would just bend her sideways when she gets to high

Pt, I had the same thought. But that's my last option, I think I might have to turn the Filter 90 degrees and move as far right as possible and use the roof vent for the duct and move the fresh air in duct to the left side vent opening. This would give me another 12 inches of height adjustment from its current height which is just shy of 12 inches from the main top. However there would be shadowing from the filter if I maxed out on height. So we shall see. I may be forced to bend her over.

Yes on an auto. My thinking is that the plant is already quite bush like with many well formed bud sites. Bending it over will shade some number of them. Sacrificing one cola for the betterment of all the rest is a reasonable choice. But it's not my plant :drool

Sounds like your back up plans will work out. If all else fails I have heard of people topping late in flowering to bulk up buds. While I have never tried it myself. I have had a couple plants get their tops burned a from little being to close to the lights. Both were late in flower and they both produced fat bulky buds. I have no way of knowing if it was just a great plant or was it because it was accidently topped.

Sounds like your back up plans will work out. If all else fails I have heard of people topping late in flowering to bulk up buds. While I have never tried it myself. I have had a couple plants get their tops burned a from little being to close to the lights. Both were late in flower and they both produced fat bulky buds. I have no way of knowing if it was just a great plant or was it because it was accidently topped.

its called backbuilding ...allegedly snipping of the tops of the buds makes them grow fatter as when ye dont snip... emfasis on "alledgedly"

Pt

If you guys are interested in what I ended up doing and what she is looking like now hop on over to my journal. I ended up getting a second light and some additional equipment for the grow. So hop on over, lend your advice, and just some good old company. Look forward to seeing you all over there.
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom