Hindu Harvest

Jackalope

Finally! Day 95 finally got to harvest 2 of the 3 Hindu Kush plants. Long wait but I'm pretty sure it will be worth it. This strain is pretty gooey.
hindu_kush_040.JPG

plant 1
hindu_kush_042.JPG

hindu_kush_047.JPG

Close ups.
hindu_kush_076.JPG

This plant looks like it will produce more. Plant 1 and 2 were both topped before flowering.
hindu_kush_065.JPG

Got to give the Hindu credit. It didn't set around. I was surprised how thick the buds were all the way down to the bottom of the plant.
Plant 2
hindu_kush_048.JPG

hindu_kush_060.JPG

Nice and frosty. This one has hints of purple under all those resin glands
hindu_kush_083.JPG

Now all there is to do is wait. Around here it is at least 5 days tell it is dry enough for the first good test.

Mittin how long did your Hindu take to finish? My Hindu still needs a longer cure but is smooth and sweet so far. I still have to see how the Malawi turns out but the Hindu is the best landrace I have grown to date. The 90 to 100 day budding time is a bit much. The end result was very strong weed with a nice happy high so it really doesn't matter that much.

According to my calendar, it was 75 days, but I harvested on the earlier side. That was last year, early summer. It was my second grow, and first with Autos. Just smoked some last night....but it's almost gone.

Mine was from Canuck seeds, is that what yours is?

I have a Coma Kush just about ready to harvest, also from Canuck seeds. Looking forward to smoking that one.

My Hindu was from Sensi Seeds. Harvested 2 at 96 days and 1 at 101 days LOL. That was just flower time. You got to add 2 months of veg from seed to that. Smoking some of it right now. Yeah its early but its mine and I can do what I want LOL. The Kush name is used so much these days its had to tell what you are going to get. Most are pretty damn good. Others are bordering on monumental. I would grow this one again and plan better for the longer flower time. You have to let me know how the Coma comes out. The name is intriguing

Hey Jackalope,
I just germinated some Hindu Kush from Sensi Seeds and was wondering if you had any pointers for this particular strain?
Thanks!

-SC

Yeah as a matter a fact I do. As you go along feel free to ask more questions if needed. That grow was over a year ago but I still remember it well. I liked this strain but it is a landrace and acts like it. This being said I feel the Hindu is a natural Hybrid as it shows very little pure indica traits and lots of sativa ones. Pure landraces have troubles indoors because of light intensity. Some are worse then others. This one showed it in 2 ways. The buds don't firm up real well and tend to be fluffy. Flowering time was the biggie for me. This strain took way longer then stated. I ended up with the last one taking 101 days to finish and it really wasn't fully finished then. That's twice as long as stated. Here are my suggestions.
1 Topping it would be best. The topped plants out produced the non topped one. Instead of 1 huge bud and a bunch of fluffy buds the topped plants as shown branched well and produced more large buds and less small ones.
2 Lolloping them early on will reduce energy spent on lower branches.
3 If possible drop lights back in the last 3 weeks of flower. I think a 10hr light time would help them finish faster and better. You might loose a little in production but you should gain in THC if they finish full on.
4 feed lightly. These plants did very well in just fox farm soil. Needing very little additional nutients.
This strain cured well with a nice piney smell and good flavor. THC was probably in the high teens so its not the strongest. The high was very nice though. Smooth smoke with a happy high. The one think I feel they should have stressed is. This strain is better for breeding then smoking. I will include a couple more pics of the late Hindu so you can see the difference between topping and not.
grow_1-4_031.JPG

Untopped Hindu
grow_2-1_014.JPG

The main cola from the untopped hindu.
I will look for better pics. I have them somewhere but not loaded on 420 yet.

I hope this helped I'm sure I will remember more as you go a long if you want. Those are just off the top of my head. I hope I didn't discourage you in any way. I sugar coat nothing.

Back
Top Bottom