Being Stealthy As Priority

Cheesebaked

420 Member
Hiya,

Need helpful tips how to make an attic grow place invisible to spot from a point of IR camera or whatever being used to search by coppers.

Let's begin.
Attic above my rented flat has an insulation wool lied on my ceiling only, roof area has naked black slabs, nothing underneath.Place itself is quite spaceful, but I am only interested in making a grow space 5ft square.
My main point is - what materials can be cheaply used to let me become invisible?
Everything going to be used has to be pushed by a entrance 50cm square in my ceiling.

What immediately comes to mind is a story about the cops busting a guy's grow in an farm outbuilding because in the depth of winter there was no snow on the roof...

If you are concerned about your IR signature, it seems like the first thing to consider would be keep the grow small, maybe just one plant? Maybe even one dwarf plant? Just thinking out loud... Everyone wants a 600 watt mega grow facility (well I do anyway), but you can use much less...

I would think a small grow tent would keep everything enclosed and under control (temp, humidity, smell, light emission). If you want to keep it cheap, aluminum foil on a lath or 1x2 frame would do...

Not a stealth issue, but have you thought about temperature control up there? Attics can get hot in the summertime! You'd probably need ducts both to bring cool air in and to vent hot, stinky air (so add a stealthy smell scrubber). Is there any way that you can vent into an exhaust stack or chimney?

Good luck with your project! I wish my grow area was quite spaceful!

I do actually use leds, but was concerned about thermal picture. What i think is polystyrene under roof slabs, then double sided thermal insulation joints made by aluminium tape..

Back
Top Bottom