Is CO2 worth it?

bignugz420

So I get decent yields, but I see some pictures that just amaze me and to me I am thinking it's because they have the perfect set up and incorporate CO2 into there rooms, I have read and heard that CO2 will increase yields by 20%, but would like some first hands on experience from my fellow growers. My outlook on things are if your gonna do it do it right so I would get a tank and regulator, but please tell me your thoughts....

So I get decent yields, but I see some pictures that just amaze me and to me I am thinking it's because they have the perfect set up and incorporate CO2 into there rooms, I have read and heard that CO2 will increase yields by 20%, but would like some first hands on experience from my fellow growers. My outlook on things are if your gonna do it do it right so I would get a tank and regulator, but please tell me your thoughts....
Mind if I wait in on this I would like to know this also I know co2 allows for a little higher temps and increases yield but as to how much would be interesting to know

Yes i just used it for the 1st time eg ..co2 tank, reguator and unis systrem ....speeds up growth during veg bigger healthier plants didnt use it on flower got told doesnt benifit as much as in veg so saved few ££ this time ...dont kno results on yield yet in process if drying

I have never used CO2. I know those that use it and those that don't. I don't see the benefit on a small home grow. If you are growing commercially than yes I would use it. The key to using it is measuring the ppm in the room and maintaining 800-1200 ppm. Unless your plants and room are perfect your plant won't benefit from more than 1200ppm. You probably have 400-500 ppm naturally in your room.

When you add co2 to seedlings, from my experience you see the difference over night. But from reading a lot of information. I see a lot of people who say its only worth it if you have excess light. It's all about lumens.

Co2 gets you 25% percent more. You are able to run at higher temps, water and Nutrient uptake increases. Plants use co2 like we use oxygen. Main part of photosynthesis

I use CO2 and get very impressive growth. I too have heard that it doesn't benefit the plant as much during flower, but given the increased light levels during flowering it only stands to reason that the plant can use more.

My natural CO2 level runs around 450ppm and I set the controller to maintain around 1000ppm. I used tubing to run the CO2 to a fan that blew over the tops of the plants.

Check out the CO2Meter RAD-0501 Day Night CO2 Monitor and Controller for Greenhouses on Amazon. Very inexpensive and very effective environmental controls.

Consider your grow environment before investing in CO2. If you are running hot lights and are running an exhaust fan continuously to keep heat down you will go through a ton of CO2 trying to maintain higher levels. A two duct portable AC unit that brings cooling air in from outside the tent and then exhausts outside the tent will allow you to run a closed system and very precise control of CO2 levels with very little waste.

Consider your grow environment before investing in CO2. If you are running hot lights and are running an exhaust fan continuously to keep heat down you will go through a ton of CO2 trying to maintain higher levels. A two duct portable AC unit that brings cooling air in from outside the tent and then exhausts outside the tent will allow you to run a closed system and very precise control of CO2 levels with very little waste.
I have sealed hood LEC and seal hood 1000 watt HPS, that's flower room I can make both lights a passive air intake so no air exchang, and place carbon filters outside my tents as scrubbers, and use my interior monkey fans to move air around I can keep a high ppm I just didn't know it was worth the investment, I already own a empty tank so all I need is a regulator and I have 1/4" tubing so I can make it rain thru a fan inside the 5*5*7 tent high and let it drop only if investment will make a difference

Search Amazon for the CO2 controller I shared with you. They have a kit that has everything you need and the investment is minimal. It definitely makes a difference if, IF, your grow is already on point. CO2 won't save a struggling grow.

And you need more than just the regulator! Get the whole kit. The regulator is solenoid controlled and the controller will monitor the CO2 level and activate the Low-Flow regulator as required, AND it automatically goes into standby mode when the lights are off.

This would all be so much easier if you just took my word as Nether-Realm Gospel.

Your_Orders_fw.png

This would all be so much easier if you just took my word as Nether-Realm Gospel.

Your_Orders_fw.png
You think it will increase yield enough for the cost of it I usually have 6 in flower and 6 getting ready for flower, so it's a perpetual harvest but am torn on if CO2 makes that much of a difference

You think it will increase yield enough for the cost of it I usually have 6 in flower and 6 getting ready for flower, so it's a perpetual harvest but am torn on if CO2 makes that much of a difference

This is where independent research comes in. Whether it's worth it to you, only you can tell.

This is where independent research comes in. Whether it's worth it to you, only you can tell.

Believe me I have been doing the readings all signs point to yes I would need to change a lot around in my current set up but I think it's worth it Bc all I need to replace is ducting and that's cheap, plus I was thinking but getting thermal ducting

I really want the kit tho so life is easier the monitor and regulators

Back
Top Bottom