Cutting fan leaves

DA420

420 Member
I have heard mixed opinions on to cut fan leaves or not so i figured to come to the pros I am in roughly week 3 of flowering and I have some big fan leaves and some fan leaves with yellowing towards the bottom I was wondering if it was okay to cut them off and exactly where I should cut them off at should I cut as close to the main stem or where ?

You know i was wondering the same...especially cause mine is an auto fem. Theres some buds that just need more light but I hate stressing them more than i need to

It's a simple matter of weighing your choice. Is that leaf blocking light to bud? Can you tuck it in somewhere?If it is blocking light and can't be tucked ,cut it off. After the stretch when your buds have all formed but not fully grown (lots of white hairs) trim a lot of the stuff that is in the way of those bud sites. You dramatically increase your harvest. Plenty of grows on here to show when and how and you can see the results for yourself.

Also indoor plants don't need their leaves as bad as outdoor plants. Outdoors nature doesn't have a routine. So the plant compensates for high water,low water,starving,stuffed and being eat on. Inside she has you to count on. Don't go crazy on her but definitely in all cases get as much light as you can to those buds

I leave as many as I can tucking them in if needed. I also take all the lower branches that will only have little wispy buds. This helps open up the canopy and you can still leave the fan leaves.

Check out my experimental journal. I've cut literally hundreds of leaves from her, her bud sites (6weeks old) are all starting to hit the stage of filling up stem. She has loved every defoliation. And I've taken as high as 70 leaves at a time. Now she's growing better with only a handful of big fans on the bottom and buds up top. My bottoms are filled out just as much as my tops. What I did to this plant is an abomination but she is rewarding me for it. At least it will give you peace of mind on defoliation.

Also indoor plants don't need their leaves as bad as outdoor plants. Outdoors nature doesn't have a routine. So the plant compensates for high water,low water,starving,stuffed and being eat on. Inside she has you to count on. Don't go crazy on her but definitely in all cases get as much light as you can to those buds
I like my chicks naked by the time they are half through flower through three or so defoliations there wont be a leaf left just beautiful fully exposed nuggets!

Back
Top Bottom