Harvest Smells Like Teen Spirits Rolled In Hay

JM26

Harvested my first grow recently. The main cola on one of the plants came down a few weeks ago and has been curing in cvaults with boveda packs since. When it was growing it smelled so sweet. Now it just smells like hay. It probably dried anywhere between 60-65 degrees with a humidity of 50-65 percent for 8 days before I tossed it in the cvaults. It was crispy but it didn't snap.

Is this just part of the process or what could I have done wrong?

This happened to me my first grow, problem with minw was it dried way too quick temps were way too high. In your case seems like u had temps and humidity in check. Did you happen to have a fan blowing directly on them? Just trying to think what could have went wrong. When i had my problem an OG told me that if the plants shit genetics ur gona get shit bud. So far hes been right switched to some nice beans and havent had an issue since. What kind of genetics did you run?

This happened to me my first grow, problem with minw was it dried way too quick temps were way too high. In your case seems like u had temps and humidity in check. Did you happen to have a fan blowing directly on them? Just trying to think what could have went wrong. When i had my problem an OG told me that if the plants shit genetics ur gona get shit bud. So far hes been right switched to some nice beans and havent had an issue since. What kind of genetics did you run?

No fan. They were in an idle bathroom, hanging in the tub, with the glass doors cracked. Next to no draft was in the room, just enough to circulate fresh air in. I got them from Crop King Seeds.
Sounds like a classic case of harvesting without first flushing the plants.
By flushing I mean giving the plants straight up water for the last 2 weeks to a month.
Nope, both girls had two week flushes. :/ I was pretty anal about doing everything right after spending three months raising the girls. Didn't want to fuck them up right before it was time to reap the rewards. Five gallon pots were flushed with 6 gallons of well water, which comes out at 7.4pH. Flushed for two weeks, then left them to dry up. Leaves had slight yellowing. The cut grass/hay smell isn't overwhelming, but you don't smell the true profile of the plant until you grind it up.

Thanks for the input tho dudes.

I have read a couple posts about curing. And it doesn't seem uncommon for the outside of the bud to be dry while the inside is still moist. When you put the buds into your jar or whatever you're curing them in it seems the moisture inside moves to the outside of the buds spreading out the remaining moisture.

Please bear in mind I've never grown or cured a single plant. Just relaying what I have been reading while trying to learn as much as I can.

So JM26 how did it turn out when dried /cured ?

Sorry to leave you hanging here bud. It's doesn't punch you in the face with cut grass, but there's a slight hint left. Once you grind it up it smells good, so that's a plus. This was my first harvest so I have a lot left to learn.

The smoke is good, but I made some butter from the fresh cut trim and it's trrrible haha. Tastes kinda grassy. I'm sure curing it would've been the way to go, but I'd much rather have bho than butter.

I found your problem lol my first run was crop king genetics too. I learned early you cant expect good flowers with from bad genetics. I started buying quality seeds and never had that problem again. I dont think you did anything wrong by the sounds of it. Although if your breaking it up and it smells i have a feeling as you let it cure all those smells will come back out as it sits in the jar and all of the chlorophyll breaks down.

Nice and pretty easy to do too hey , I must try it sometime.

I have a fish tank gravel cleaner tube that I just now thought of using for BHO

Thanks for the tip !

Super easy just make sure you're outside away from anything that sparks. Butane is very dangerous and a lot of absent minded folks blow their homes up making the shit. If you ever try it, be responsible and take caution. It's no joke. No danger at all if you're outside in open air tho!

I hear you , I always learned from others mistakes it saved me plenty of pain.. and injury.
Met a guy who blew his kitchen off the house and put his feet threw the floor in the process.
Oddly enough was only mildly burned and made a full recovery. Many aren't so fortunate and get scarred or killed.

From day one I have always made iso weed oil outside never on the stove top with the fan running. House fans are not spark proof..pretending they are can have bad consequences.

Back
Top Bottom