Why don't people want male plants

Male plants have very low levels of thc- like .5%- though it varies of course and can be higher than that.
Click on this link and scroll down and you'll find some threads on sexing plants, plus lots of other info along the way. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Males do produce thc. Just not flowerz. However they do produce many many many seeds that you can use for new plants. The second you see your plants are a male, put them outside. Deosnt matter how great they grow, just as long as they are away from the female plants, and give you seeds. Male plants are great for making butter for edibles, or wax. All actually very cheap and can do with what you have already at home or even a hotel room

Where I live the pharmacy charges $100 for 8 (feminized) seeds and 2 male seeds.I aint paying that.Whoever doesnt grow and collects thier seeds but deosnt label them are the only seeds I get my hands on. I did buy a few cheap grams WITH seeds from the pharmacy. Those im growing as well and know what type im growing. . og and assasin og .lol.

So I keep my males for the seeds so I can keep growing the weed I like if it is better then the others in the same room under the same light same water etc.

I've read before that the leaves of male cannabis plants have more THC than the leaves of female plants, even though female flowers have a magnitude more THC than leaves of either gender plant.

I think that the value is really more in the ability to make more seeds. You have to think about it, if you get an ounce a plant, you can essentially look at every seed as a potential ounce of weed. That's a modest estimate even, but then realize that just a BB's worth of pollen could create thousands of seeds then you see the true value in saving pollen.

Someone I knew growing outdoor cut a male down and threw it in trash bags by the side of their house. Three days later I drug through it, avoiding mildewy leaves, and managed to salvage enough pollen to make 40 some odd seeds. Literally for free.

In the end, Male plants make good edibles and concentrates. Its just deosnt make sense to tjrow away plants unless your cultivating .. See chubacka is a wookie.. he lives on planet endor. That does not make sense. So to throw out a male does not make sense.

Unless you have plenty of females and limited time, in which case it makes perfect sense. It's been a long time since I was desperate enough to use valuable time and space dealing with a male.
I like the example of straightforward reasoning though.

Males do produce thc. Just not flowerz. However they do produce many many many seeds that you can use for new plants. The second you see your plants are a male, put them outside. Deosnt matter how great they grow, just as long as they are away from the female plants, and give you seeds. Male plants are great for making butter for edibles, or wax. All actually very cheap and can do with what you have already at home or even a hotel room

Where I live the pharmacy charges $100 for 8 (feminized) seeds and 2 male seeds.I aint paying that.Whoever doesnt grow and collects thier seeds but deosnt label them are the only seeds I get my hands on. I did buy a few cheap grams WITH seeds from the pharmacy. Those im growing as well and know what type im growing. . og and assasin og .lol.

So I keep my males for the seeds so I can keep growing the weed I like if it is better then the others in the same room under the same light same water etc.

Male plants do not produce seeds. Female plants will produce seeds if pollinated by a male or a hermaphrodite. If your looking for smoke then get rid of males, 1 male can ruin 1000s of female plants.

I saw mentioned male plants produce seeds. They don't they produce pollen which the female plants use so they can make a seed.

With that said. You would need to keep a male around long enough to finish to produce any amounts of THC. All that time and all that pollen will cause way more troubles than they would ever be worth. When used as oil it may have more value. More for what else is in there more than the THC. I have no idea of the amounts of CBD and other helpful things from the terpenes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they have good levels of CBD.

Back
Top Bottom