Infused Coconut Oil mg/g Expectations

kingkola1

How many milligrams per gram of total active cannabinoids should I expect by infusing 1/4 ounce of dry bud into 1/2 cup of coconut oil with a teaspoon of Lecithin if the bud contains 16% total active cannabinoids? I have spent a small fortune on testing but don't have a bench mark to compare my results to (my tCheck is on back order). Lab results show that I have 100% decarb success (changing the THC-A to THC) by baking small cut up bits of flower in an oven for 1 hour at 240F. I have tried different methods of extracting the decarbed thc material into coconut oil by cooking it in the oven with oil at 215F and 240F for 90 minutes, boiling in water 2hrs with the oil, and cooking in a slow cooker with water and oil for 6 hours. My infusions have been in the range of 3.3 to 6.7 mg/g so far but would like to get higher numbers. Actually the best numbers came in at 15 to 22 mg/g using very frosty trim; some say the high numbers may have been due to the kief in the bottom of the trimming tray.

What kind of total active cannabinoid numbers are others seeing from lab results for their infused coconut oil? What can I do to improve? I am trying to make healing salves and cook some chocolate.

Also, if I have a CBD strain like Harlequin or CBD Critical, do I need to lengthen the decarb time to covert the CBD-A to CBD and if so, what impact would I expect on the THC with an extended back of an extra 30 minutes?

Is there a maximum amount I can infuse into coconut oil or cocoa butter from starting material with 16% total active cannabinoids? I am not sure what other heating methods or heating times I can do. At what point with the coconut oil become too saturated to take any more cannabinoids?

Back
Top Bottom