Rhump

RHUMP

Hello! I would like to have just "general" discussion about a first time grow. My plan is a hydro/tent system. I'm recently unemployed with health issues and just began the process of disability/SS/Medicaid/Medicare......etc etc etc.
I use cannibas because I have been in a nightmare for a year with vision/sever dizziness problem. Docs have no clue.....
But after 7 years of not smoking....someone suggested I try it for help with symptoms. That was a 8 mo ago and I "need" it now!! It helps me!!!
So......next verse.....I can't afford 100 a week and my girl is starting to get frustrated with keeping it here for me. So, the remedy I obvious to me. I've never grown it, I've smoked/and loved it all of my adult....teenage life, (except the 7 years)! I quit during that time because of the job...(randoms)! I was a custom cabinet maker/ foreman for 24 years.
I'm smart, I can learn anything, and I will learn this too. But I have to borrow $ to get going and I can't afford to fail! Also, I am reading a lot and it seems there is a sever shortage right now, so there is some room for financial gain.
I have a perfect place to do it. Not in my place of residence, and all I'm lacking is seeds and the tent! Ordering seeds looks a bit dicey, but research tells me it's highly unlikely that it would be detected, and there are a couple of techniques that can cma...#covermyass!
My reason for this post......
#1....wisdom
#2....knowledge
#3.... see #1-2
Thank you In advance

Ok brother sounds like you need the bare minimals and cheapest route to first harvest, correct? If so I'll pack you a list of the cheapest and easiest grow.

How much do you have upfront? Trust me when I started the only way I was able to get my lights was to nift some from hotels I was staying in and made my first grow on stolen cfls. (Don't steal) point is I had absolutely nothing to fall on and had to do something. I learned the cheapest routes and what was and is not necessary. What can wait and what cant

Omg!! Ok.....it is a complete travesty that a man has to go to these extremes .
I was planning to borrow 300$ on a 4 site 600 w blue/red led....
in a 2x2x5 tent that comes as a kit for 199$. I was planning a 100$ ish carbon filter and a small fan to supply fresh air. buy a few seeds

I am in a small 1 bedroom apt and have a closet that would work, but I talked to a friend that has a big house and he is divorced with no life and struggling with bills. He said We should use his place, for a fee! That has led me to thinking about income. At first it was
About medicine for me. Now it's also about paying my bills and being able to get to doctors, mwdications, and "life" as an old man that ain't ready to die! Lol

Growlights Canada has the cheapest tents around 4,x4,x6.5' was 208$ delivered to my door. Peekseedsbc has cheap but very good strains. He breeds his own so not many strains but Iam sure there's one for u. Not to mention mike I believe his name to be is an absolute joy to deal with so if u live in Canada I highly recommend both. LED r very expensive first grow I'd recommend 400w hps an a hortiluxsuprt lumen bulb (expensive bulb) but u can veg an bloom with it (more blue light then regular bulbs) not to mention heat won't be a big issue. I use general hydroponics 2 part nutes an some ph test drops. Do not use miricle grow soil try pro mix soil an maybe add a lil extra perilite. About the cheapest first grow I can think of ATM

One of these two things is gonna happen. But I'm scared of the law and scared to borrow money only to have a failure.
Brand new to me. Just ordering the seeds is f^*%ed up! But hey.......Extreme times=EXTREME MEASURES

Amazon has the cheapest tents I think. 40-100 bucks. Craig's list is where it's at for the complete setup. If you have 300 cash people are more than willing to simply throw in there old nutrients/timers/heating pads etc to get rid of everything at once. Every failed grower wants to get top dollar for there old shit,don't be intimidated by the "800 dollar entire kit"...if you simply say upfront you'd give them 300 cash for the entire setup most desperate growers just want to see some return. Never let someone say"its brand new"....just like a car,unless you buy it straight from the dealer it AINT brand new. Search "grow tent" or "hydroponics" in Craigslist search engine.

I considered that....but being "green" (no pun intended).....might cause me to miss something. If it wasn't all there I would be screwed! I've done so much reading and studying that it's kinda turning into to much thinking!
But I could make a list to cover myself.

Instead of spending $$$ on tent make your own box and paint the inside with white matt emulsion paint. i made my space out of two wardrobes for hanging clothes. added two doors at front of box made of hardboard then drape a big curtain over front of to prevent light leakage. Know the feeling of over think and excitement and the law. Here in the uk the law is not really interested in the home grow for personnel use more your farm gang grows due to cut backs as well. Also my first grow i used small cfls 8 of them and a desk fan for wind. i used an extractor fan that was installed in the house i was in. no carb filter. regards

Honestly you can do it VERY cheap.

Panda Film - $40 for a huge roll
CFL or T5 lights - $40 - $100
A box fan - $10-$20
Extension cords and Timers: $20 (Walmart)
Soil: Don't skimp, buy some good stuff. $15-$20 for a 2 cu foot bag.
Nutrients: General Hydro Flora Nova and a liquid pH kit. $40-50
Containers: Nursery pots are about $3-$4 a piece. This is going to depend on how many plants you grow, and how many times you want to transplant.

Basically, you can put up a "room" with panda film, hang a T5 or CFLs in there, and cut out a square for the box fan to provide ventilation inside. It's super simple, can probably be done for a lot less than I've even quoted here, and you can grow decent stuff.

BUT

Don't waste too much time or money trying to get away ultra cheap.

Light
Room
Ventilation

Those are the big three that you'll really want to put your money into. You need lots of light, you need some kind of light-proof environment (tents, closets, whatever) and you need plenty of air movement and air exchange. As long as you have those three things you'll be able to grow some meds.

My first dirt cheap grow:

2015-05-25_13-33-57_446.jpg
IMG_20150730_204851_edit_1438316018448.jpg
IMG_20150730_210507_edit_1438315921301.jpg
IMG_20150730_210844_edit_1438315986154.jpg

Value box tents. All metal/680d removable floor pans and lots of other premium things. 50$ for a 2x2x4 and the bigger ones aren't much more. Don't over spend on a tent. Those red and blue lights that come with those tents are garbage. It's the big panel ones. They will do nothing. You want led cheap go with viparspectra. 189$ for 600w . Best bet is too grab a used high Bay hps. Warehouse light. 1000w for 22$

Back
Top Bottom