Forcing a hermie

flatlander77

Screw with the light schedule, temperatures humidity. Unnecessary stressing ( I moved em around a lot ) my third attempt with this strain ( unknown ) I really enjoy it but I'll have enough medicine from what I've got already on the go. Sure would be nice to get some seeds out of it. I guess pollinate it with a diff strain but not sure how I would make that happen in the next couple weeks. Take my crazy supercropped lst etc hydro babies n chop the tops n reclone. Would buy me a month I guess. ( super impressed with the node spacing when growing hydro. Super tight and they aren't even getting much light. ) anyways... if anyone knows a trick for herming a plant I would be much obliged.

First off don't kill it. When you harvest you are going to need to leave full branches. Yeah you might loose a little smoke. If you take all the tops this will not work. Take the top 2/3rds of the plant. Leave the plant with something to work with. Turn the lights to at least 18hrs light 20 is better. After 2 or 3 weeks the plant will revert to veg stage and start putting out single leaf growth. Over time these will bush out and you can take clones to self the plant or cross with what ever you would like.
There are ways to make a plant Hermie. Now days they have found new and better ways to make seeds. Tiresias Mist is one of these ways. If you can regenerate that plant let it grow a bit. Then you can take clones and use those clones to make a selfed plant that will be mostly if not all female. Remember when you regenerate a plant you are going to get crazy growth. You must trim this back or you will end up with nothing. A branch or two is more than you need for making seeds.

Sweet! Thank you! I didn't know there was such a spray haha. Have you used it before? K a rookie question. So I'll just take a whole plant and separate it. Somethin like this one
420-magazine-mobile2015003417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1445227346.jpg

Growing vigorously in its lil redneck passive wick containers. ( mini earthbox ) on week 2-3 flower. ( depends when I start the count, light flip or heavy appearance of pistils.) so just like the instructions say but this damn thing gunna need the same amount of light in order to produce high quality seeds? ( 100 would be nice ). Doing a mini test with a couple. They should be 3 feet closer to the light but they are still producing flowers at the same rate and trichomes are even happier. Hopefully your answer isn't give lots of light haha

You could separate it now and regenerate if you wanted. Or let it finish and pick the best one. Just make sure you leave lower branches to give a plant something to work with. You could also try and take a couple clones now. Regen and root them and you can use the clones for making seeds and let the mother finish out.
I'm gearing up to use Tiresias Mist for the first time. Plants are regenerated just waiting on clones to root. It is 60 bucks a bottle and you can get it at amazon. You don't have to spray the whole plant 1 or 2 branches should put out enough pollen to make a 100 seeds My guy says it is easy so it probably is. I will do a thread to show the progress.
Another thing to remember when making seeds is to keep them well fed. Just keep up the veg feeding all the way through.

Mine are all clones. Well, the momma is technically still growing but I've been doing a 4 week harvest basically. She hasn't had any direct light ( just a ceiling light ) for almost 2 weeks. Took some for testers then let it grow a week. Then took some that had 1 or 2 ambers then waited, and waited then the trichomes exploded and turned it beautiful so I took some more. Ran outta drying room so leaving it to use up the rest of the reservoir and moisture or when I see some ambers. 15 weeks and I really gotta search to find one.
Side tracked. K so I should use monstercropped? ( flowering clones reverted back to vegetative stage) which is fine because that's what the next 2 groups are. 1 group in dirt with a reservoir/with overflow and the other group is in deep water culture. ( maintenance free, sick of watering )
Let me know how it goes for ya and I'll do the same :)

Back
Top Bottom