First time growing

Prodigysmoke

First time growing outdoors and I need some help. My plants are beginning the first few weeks of flowering and they have not grown any taller than a few inches. Some leaves are starting to dry out and die or not sure if the sun is burning them and creating small holes in my leaves, maybe a food deficiency? Will they grow any taller or are they passed that phase.
420-magazine-mobile618343889.jpg
420-magazine-mobile477217341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473450425.jpg
Need some suggestions or what to try.
420-magazine-mobile2086893052.jpg

First time growing outdoors and I need some help. My plants are beginning the first few weeks of flowering and they have not grown any taller than a few inches. Some leaves are starting to dry out and die or not sure if the sun is burning them and creating small holes in my leaves, maybe a food deficiency? Will they grow any taller or are they passed that phase.
420-magazine-mobile618343889.jpg
420-magazine-mobile477217341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile473450425.jpg
Need some suggestions or what to try.
420-magazine-mobile2086893052.jpg

Most of the time a plant will start budding when it thinks the season is coming to an end (long nights and short days).
So it's either the wrong time of year for outdoor or the spot you have is too dark. You could try move it inside during dark hours and put it under some 16-20w cfl or led bulbs.
Sometimes it works really well when you start plants inside to 1-2ft high (5-7 nodes) then put them outside to bud and finish.

Most of the time a plant will start budding when it thinks the season is coming to an end (long nights and short days).
So it's either the wrong time of year for outdoor or the spot you have is too dark. You could try move it inside during dark hours and put it under some 16-20w cfl or led bulbs.
Sometimes it works really well when you start plants inside to 1-2ft high (5-7 nodes) then put them outside to bud and finish.

I will give that a try and bring them in and give light till big enough to bring back outside. Thanks for the feedback

Where are you? You may have simply put them outdoors too soon. If your 8" plant is exposed to spring's short nights and temps in the 40's, this can happen. Those are nice starts. I would keep them going. Consider letting them get very very dry. 5-7 days no water. Every day is longer and hotter. They will probably return to vegetative growth and ripen normally in the fall. Or they might die.

My opinion is start with smaller pots. Start small with 3" then 6 or 8 inch. Transplant them up to a final fabric pot. 7gals when their roots have had a chance to develop. Fox farms soil. Happy frog until they get big, then Ocean Forest for the final transplant.. Fox Farms big three nutrients. Grow big, Big bloom, and tiger bloom. Then sledge hammer every few weeks. They look like they are getting beat up by the weather. They need protection. Make a small simple greenhouse out of 6 mil plastic sheeting, 1x3's and 1x2's. Use screws too connect the wood and use a stapler to attach the plastic. You can attach it to your deck. Watch them closely or it will be bug city. If you do get aphids....or others, buy some live ladybugs.
You might want to invest in an inexpensive 600 watt LED light. A decent one is $140.00 on eBay. Growing inside is a more controlled environment.
Don't forget to give them lots of love. They are ladies after all. By the way are those auto flower?

My opinion is start with smaller pots.Transplant them up to a final fabric pot. 7gals. Fox farms soil. Make a small greenhouse out of plastic, 1x3's and 1x2's. Use a stapler to attach the plastic, and watch them closely or it will be bug city. If you do get aphids....or others, buy some live ladybugs.
You might want to invest in an inexpensive 600 watt LED light. A decent one is $140.00 on eBay.

I'll definitely be watching closely for aphids, but luckily they haven't been infested by any insects. Thanks for the tips I'll def be looking into the LED light.

Where are you? You may have simply put them outdoors too soon. If your 8" plant is exposed to spring's short nights and temps in the 40's, this can happen. Those are nice starts. I would keep them going. Consider letting them get very very dry. 5-7 days no water. Every day is longer and hotter. They will probably return to vegetative growth and ripen normally in the fall. Or they might die.

Day temps are in the upper 80's and nights around the 70's.

Update on my plant. Do y'all think it's still growing? Is it getting too much sun outside? I noticed some of the white hairs have now turned to a darkish red

Top it. That's the ripened remains of the buds that started. I'd top it off, let the soil get very dry as I said before and hopefully she will return to vegetative growth. Here is what I would do: The plant for unknown reasons went into reproductive mode and now we're trying to switch it back to vegetative without killing it outright. I've done this in the past with an indoor plant taken all the way through flowering and after harvesting about 1/2 ounce of bud. I then top and trim it, leaving the center - main trunk completely intact. Give no water no food for about 7 days, then give a good soak and resume normal water and food for vegetative growth and hope for the best. I'd also start a new plant.

Back
Top Bottom