DIY Nutrients

sleepless

Curious if anyone on here makes their own nutrients.

I recently found everything I need locally and am interested in others experience.

From what I have seen there's not much in these nutes other than salts and maybe some amino acids.

And I don't believe there is any data to show amino acids actually do anything - I could be dead wrong.

I was going to do kiss vs Future Harvest next round but now I may do DIY vs Future Harvest

Yes amino acids assist in the nitrogen fixation process thus helping your plant in the N factor

Yes amino acids assist in the nitrogen fixation process thus helping your plant in the N factor
Where have you read That?

As in scientific evidence.

scienceinhydroponics.com/2017/04/what-is-the-effect-of-amino-acids-in-hydroponics.html

Very informative read with links.

.That is in a hydro system I'm referring only to soil or coco grows (the way it happens in nature) and if you go to my thread on VDP you will find a link for the data a masters in science education that takes you to a video.
420-magazine-mobile759313197.jpg

Here is a basic amino acid see how it has the the N or nitrogen attached surrounded by other molecules
420-magazine-mobile1685222439.jpg

Here is a basic amino acid see how it has the the N or nitrogen attached surrounded by other molecules
420-magazine-mobile1685222439.jpg

Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen

(I know your making me eat my words with the oxygen deal. Plants them selves not need oxygen their microscopic cells however do yet it's only passive as seen in the below mathematical exp. or equation reflecting photosynthesis

6co2 + 6h2o + light energy (LE)

=

c6h, 2o6 or sugar aka glucose or phloem (Retained)

&

6o2
(Transpired)

Here is ammonia
420-magazine-mobile1651963154.jpg

I do not know if this is a DIY but I am blessed with a big coco tree in my garden and I mix it every other watering. That and molasses, depends on my mood.
My feeding is:
Feed veg: seaweed liquid, organic liquid fert, earthworm castings, liquid fish emulsion
Water: coco water 1tbsp per L of water added in. Every other watering (no feed) with molasses.
Feed flowering: bat guano, earthworm casting, organic liquid fert for sunflower.
That is all :)
First run I used grow more, but no more of that. I am 100% organic now :)

I'm not sure if this would count, but I work at a salmon hatchery and we do our own compost out of dead fish. I brought home a 5 gallon bucket 2 weeks ago and put together a soil mix using it and a few other things, all natural. I'll be putting my WWs in it when they are ready to transplant, but for now I'm "testing" it on a lupine and a black-eyed Susan. They're growing in it and the weather is still pretty cool here, so I'll take it as a sign that it's probably going to work. Not really a tightly controlled lab-based study, but anyway...

I'm not sure if this would count, but I work at a salmon hatchery and we do our own compost out of dead fish. I brought home a 5 gallon bucket 2 weeks ago and put together a soil mix using it and a few other things, all natural. I'll be putting my WWs in it when they are ready to transplant, but for now I'm "testing" it on a lupine and a black-eyed Susan. They're growing in it and the weather is still pretty cool here, so I'll take it as a sign that it's probably going to work. Not really a tightly controlled lab-based study, but anyway...
That works.

I'm referring to salt based ferts.

I used H&G calculator and determined that if you run their full line you are feeding the same NPK for entire grow.

The only required addition is shooting powder or liquid.

So I am now running one formula and will add booster during flower.

I also add vitamin B and amino acids.

For $300 I can mix my own Nutes for 5 years.

That works.

I'm referring to salt based ferts.

I used H&G calculator and determined that if you run their full line you are feeding the same NPK for entire grow.

The only required addition is shooting powder or liquid.

So I am now running one formula and will add booster during flower.

I also add vitamin B and amino acids.

For $300 I can mix my own Nutes for 5 years.

Ah, gotcha. I guess our salmon compost is one extra degree toward DIY. I'm probably going to put something like some bone meal in the mix too, although the organisms have already taken care of that part, to an extent. Our stuff doesn't get broken down by worms so much as by maggots, needless to say, but they do a pretty good job of it just the same.

Back
Top Bottom