Expert needed to help create Autoflower

Imhigh85

If anybody has the expertise in creating autoflowers I would appreciate your help I am looking to create an Autoflower out of my pure Afghan 100% indica don't know exactly what ruderalis cross with I know it's very long and complicated process but something I'm looking forward to doing

I have no experience yet in plant breeding, but if you look around some torrent sites you can find literature on that stuff. I'm just finishing a book called Marijuana Botany - An Advanced Study: The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis, by Robert Connell Clarke. There's another one I have downloaded, although I haven't looked into it yet; it's called Cannabis Breeders Bible - The Definitive Guide To Marijuana Varieties And Creating Strains for the Seed Market, by Greg Green. What you can do is go through the books, and what you don't get from there, you can find by doing searches around different sites.

Just as a caveat: the longer the title, the drier the reading. I learned that part when I was getting my B.Sc. Good luck with it, and I hope you get the info you're after.

I have read most of these books I know the breeding process I need help with landrace I need a landrace with a recessive gene for autoflowering /ruderalis

Oooohhhh, that's a good question. You may need to produce a bunch of F1 hybrids to breed and first select the autos out of the F2s. Then You'd want to start selecting the indica properties out of the F3s and so on down the line. It can be done, but as you said, it would be a complicated process. Would an indica landrace even have a recessive gene for that? My biology is focused toward ecology and fish. Wish I could help.

I am going to start with good stable genetics from an auto I don't know what Auto to start with I don't want to take the traits away from the pure Afghan

What traits specifically do you want to preserve from the afghani? I would then look for an auto that has many of those traits. Maybe find a couple autos that have those traits. Then start mixing the afgani with those. This won't be easy. I remember when I grew low ryder ten years ago, the plants were not very stable. I had one plant produce like 1 gram. And it's sister produced over an ounce in the same cabinet grown at the same time. Good luck and keep a journal.

It's pretty much Afghan traits that I am after the Afghan is known for being very stable with it straight which I believe will help stabilize the autos

I hear so many people saying that they don't have the room for more than one or two plants Afghan is very small and compact hi and resin and high yield for size of plant

I thought about keeping a journal but this project of mine you may take like five years to fully finish

I appreciate your Insight on this subject it's hard to find anybody that actually has a clue if you find anything or think of anything pop back out and let me know

An auto that consistently finished in 90-100 days, with a consistent 2' of good thick bushy growth that yielded nice thick colas would be amazing. Too bad I have no idea how to get there. Perhaps starting with the auto gene and then breeding in the overall structure and potency as you go. This could take a lifetime to accomplish, but would reward you with some great pot along the way. Good luck buddy.

I would research genetics and learn how to track the traits that you are breeding for. I think autos especially complicate the process since you can't use clones. Genetic testing could help, but will be costly.

I am not worried about how much it cost

The ruderalis that I am looking for is going to be a male my pure Afghan is the female I have multiple genetic books but books can not give you the experience that you need in order to actually be able to do it so I am going to put my knowledge to work my wife estimates it may take close to five years

It would depend also on how much "genetic integrity", for lack of better term, you are after. Sure, you can go for an autoflower, but chances are you will be introducing other strains, if not other species into the formula. It sounds to me like you are after something pretty specific, and the only way I could see to do that is to try and get your hands on either what you know is a hybrid of only ruderalis and Afghani or a monospecific ruderalis.

To be honest, I'm kind of impressed that you have a landrace Afghani to start with.

I work for a dispensary I can get my hands on a lot of things not to mention I get to go lots of places

I work for a dispensary I can get my hands on a lot of things not to mention I get to go lots of places

Cool. That must be a fantastic job. Just as a comparison on a different note, I used to have a page on a fishing website, and now I have an idea how people felt when I told them I work at a salmon hatchery. Same thing only different. You have an excellent job, and now I am truly impressed.

You gotta love my job because I love my job it's never a job I thought I say I have

And if you don't like what you do there's no point of even doing it. I work with a guy and all he does is complain about being there. It's very stressful to have to listen to.

Back
Top Bottom