Anyone willing to share something embarrassing they did growing cannabis?

Okay, this is easy for me as I am over 60 and could care less if someone thinks I'm a dolt!! LOL

If it is painful for you to share then by all means don't do it. It is meant to be fun. I hope others will share their embarrassing stories.

I will go first.

I am, as of today, 10 days into my cannabis growing career. I've been diligently studying the hows and whys and finally had a friend give me a bag seed so I said let's get the ball rolling. First thing I did was place an order for both Cal-Mag and the Foxfarm trio of nutrients. My well water tests at 7.0 so I also ordered a bottle of PH down and a drop test kit.

Okay, here we go.

The stuff all arrived yesterday but today was the first I had a chance to mess with it. I decided to learn now how to lower the PH of my water so I was ready when it was time to mix nutrients. I filled my gallon milk jug almost to the top. I read the directions on the PH Down bottle where it said it takes very little and to add a little at a time till you got it right. So I figured let's go with half a bottle cap then add more as needed. If you're new that might not seem too funny. If you use the product you know I did a LOT of pour half the water out, fill it up, test it and repeat. It is amazing how little you actually need.

Second stupid thing. I wanted to put a tiny bit of Cal-Mag into a PH correct half a gallon of water and feed my little bag seed plant. Fortunately the second I was ready to pour it in my eyes caught the fact that I was holding a bottle of CLR in my hand and not the bottle of Cal-Mag. I've since relocated the CLR to prevent future OAS's from happening.

I am ecstatic to report that my bag seed plant seems to be doing pretty well. It spent it's second full day in the direct sunlight and seems happy. If I could figure out how the photo system worked I would start a grow journal. But I've ready the tutorial and just don't get it.

Last year, while in bloom I stopped my exhaust (with scrubber) during night because of the noise.
At first there were just a little smell in my room in the morning (the grow is in my closet of my room), but of course after a while the smell will increase.
It doesn't matter because I like the smell.

But, I live in a condo and I guess the smell went elsewhere.

In my city, there's a law that the city employer can visit any home without a mandate with a good reason (the police cannot do that!!).
So I arrived around 7pm with a letter in my letterbox that I must call back this city employer, and behind there were the law written.

I was WTF!!! I began to panic and cut the plant (it was around 6 weeks in bloom) and hide my grow room.
The next day I call him, and he said that he received a complaint about some weird smell and wanted to check.
I was like, what?? I don't understand!? :clown:
I said there were no problem, he came 2 days later in the morning.

He came, he check around, looking at his face it was like "what am i doing here?"...
He apologized and said he will close the complaint. :goof:

I stopped growing for the rest of the year, I just kept a little clone, until last december (Shining Silver Haze in my signature).

close call!! :Namaste:

Hey Beez
I was the same way couldn't figure out how to post pics using my iPhone on the app would only see the reply box at bottom of screen but if you will tap the "+" button with a circle around it, it will give you the little paper clip looking icon to add an attachment. Tap the paper clip and it will access the pics on your phone. Hope that helps!

Hey Beez
I was the same way couldn't figure out how to post pics using my iPhone on the app would only see the reply box at bottom of screen but if you will tap the "+" button with a circle around it, it will give you the little paper clip looking icon to add an attachment. Tap the paper clip and it will access the pics on your phone. Hope that helps!

Appreciate that David. All my photos I take with my camera and upload them onto my computer storage. My phone is old school and takes horrible pictures.

Well for me. I thought that having a humidifier hang halfway off the shelf was a good idea. It fell on my strongest plant and split the main stem right in half. Needless to say it turned up to be my biggest plant still. They are beasts.
420-magazine-mobile1113636639.jpg
420-magazine-mobile178153768.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1177402256.jpg

Not paying attention and picked a flowering plant straight up into my cool tube. Kinda smushed the main cola, by the time it finished it looked fox tailed with 5 heads to the bud.

Got lazy, didn't do routine cleaning of my humidifier, ended up with some bud mold.

Best idea ever mate. I've seen people who've blatantly copy and pasted from online tutorials to posts on other threads. I bet if you asked them if they've ever made a mistake they'd shake their head and tell you no like you was insane for asking in the first place. Good growers have made mistakes, they learnt and grew from them and will continue to do that every time they try something new. Think this thread will take off mate, we'll all grow from it and learn something while having a laugh which can't be a bad thing. Hats off to you sir :)

I had topped my OG at 3rd node, so I have 2 nice colas there. The buds were a little close, so I tied them apart last night and oh shit! The main stem split. Taped it back together, and fingers crossed!

Flipped them to 12/12 and some days couldn't make it home in time to give them attention, had a dream where I had fed them plenty, checked them as soon as I could and thought I had over watered a lot! The mrs saved my ass and said just water them! Just in case! So I did and she saved the whole crop hahahaha.

I just recently realized I am giving my plants 1/4 strength nutrients...I was feeding 4 Gallons of water overall and only mixing the first gallon with nutrients. Thankfully I was mixing at full strength. I don't know where my logic came from but better under than over from what I read. I am brand new so hopefully that's all I have to add for awhile :)

My very first plant is currently growing. About a week ago I was all excited because I saw a round bud at the top of the plant. I quick grabbed my camera and emailed a picture to my buddy on this site to show him. I know it hurt him to do it, but he had to report back to me that my very first plant (bag seed) was a male. What's embarrassing is I didn't know it was a male!!

Back
Top Bottom