Dwc noob needs help asap

Godsgarden747

I have no idea what this is from or how to fix it ?
I untangled the roots they were all bunched together in one dwc bucket.
Everything looked ok two days later, then I transplanted three to a new diy dwc, when I was doing my full res change, I had them all sit in hydrogen peroxide 0.3 mixed with ph to water for over a hour.

When I got them out there where suds and bubbles were all over the roots.
I am running ph perfect in ro water my ph has been staying around 6.2 I got it down to 5.7 now and my res temps are about 70 Fahrenheit ,the roots are all looking kind of off white and leaves are failing bad I think they will die if I don't fix whatever is wrong asap.

I am also running cal mag xtra, rhino skin silica , b-52 ,and voodoo juice I just added a little mammoth p when I seen how bad they are doing.

I'm in a panic at this point all the damage besides the roots off white color had happened in the past 10 hours.
anyone who can tell me what's wrong and how to fix it please step in here ....

thank you for your time and HELP
420-magazine-mobile128054260.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1842668997.jpg
420-magazine-mobile598653417.jpg
420-magazine-mobile550156579.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1989508892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile560990539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1903649257.jpg
420-magazine-mobile870522071.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2050311345.jpg

Sorry for your troubles. From the purple leaves I would say cold shock. From the bubbles on roots maybe too much h202? I have no idea just guesses. I would say flush for 24 hrs and keep warm but once again I have no business giving advice.

What are these and why do use each if you don't mind? cal mag xtra, rhino skin silica , b-52 ,and voodoo

Ro water and it's the feeding schedule besides silica ,and cal mag xtra. The purple is the led sorry. only the colors is kind of like matte finish green the damaged spots are really dark spots it's like matte with some shinny places if the light hits it right . It's hard to explain but I will take some pictures with just the t5s on

Hey GG. Got your pm. Honestly- I really don't know. I've never grown DWC at all so it's a bit outside my so-called expertise. Other than some unknown/unmentioned substance in the water, or a big mistake with your ph meter, I would guess it's a problem from the H2O2. But again, I don't use peroxide because I don't grow in DWC. From what I've read, many people have better success running a non-sterile res using beneficial bacterias. Isn't that what voodoo juice is? Your peroxide would kill any benefits from that for sure.

They have been doing great for a while on it like amazing explosive growth about a week ago I took 80 percent of the plants at least if not 90 percent of the vegetation branches leaves they bounced right back pretty much with in hours never really drooped or anything.
I think I have just done way way way to much to them in the past 7 days it's crazy they need a break .
But what do you use in your res nutes and all ?

Yeah WC It does knock them off and I load it again it does suck but when I had them in before I put my pump in and started keeping my res cooled I had a serious issue with bacteria build up and I have just been using h202 to put them in it when I do a res change once a week I think I put way to much in this time though .
And the reason why I started was when I had the issue because they where in rapid rooter cubes they just filled my whole system with it two more times so finally I started using it ever res change. Thanks for responding anyway man they had been doing great too. hope they aren't stunted to long. I am still going to veg for at least a month more anyway just rather it all count I have been beating these girls up lol hope they don't herm after all this .
They are going to be beast .
I started some more LST anyway today no super cropping for a fee days at least for now lol

They're generally pretty hard to kill. If they aren't getting worse rapidly at this point then they should be fine. Though that's one more thing that keeps me away from DWC. It's the fastest growth when everything is working, but it's also a system that makes it easier to outright kill a plant if you screw up. I can't be around every day to play god with my plants. They have to spend 5 or 6 days a week completely on their own. In soilless or even DTW hydro it's difficult for me to actually kill a plant very quickly- it takes time and effort, lol.

Could just be some shock from all the messing around theyve gotten. One thing i noticed is there are bottles (assuming frozen to cool rez right?) floating in with the roots. This can shock the plants. If you want to use the frozen bottle method keep em on the outside of the rez. When i used them i bought a dishtub that my rez fit into, filled thatbwith water, floated the bottles in there and wrapped the whole shebang up in blankest to keep it cooler, longer. Since i started using bennoes tho i have forgone the bottles and havent had any root problems even with water temps at ~75° or so.
I hope they come around for you man. It hurts when the plants youve been lovingly tending take a quick and dramatixmc downturn.

Yes it does I have put a lot in to these I have a a 9 bucket xxl current culture system each bucket is 13 gallons it's great water chiller air defusers extra air pumps Its just a bitch to do a res change idk how I guess and I had the issues with the bad bacteria build up in it had too drain and fill 3 times in one weeks so I decided to try something a little smaller first lol but yeah even without the bottles it stays around 70 degrees Fahrenheit so I guess I could just not use them plus I am running benificals anyway they just seemed to like it around 67 to 69 more than 70 to 71 degrees Fahrenheit. I would love to go back to my big system I have to figure out how to run water from my 300 gallon water res to my epicenter though first and how to get that much ro water at once ,and also how to do changes in it doing it once a week would be rough if I have to drain and refill each time that would be around 2000 gallons in one grow cycle

I have been running DWC for many years. When I started out I would have a lot of the same issues your having.

Now it is very rare to have any issues.

My rez temps are 75 to 80f. Most of the time I can keep it closer to 75f. I pretty much tried all the things you will find in this forum to stop all the issues of running that warm of a rez from h202 to teas and beneficials.

Then I found z7 water treatment and that changed everything.

Now I use z7, nutes and tap water and I have not had any kind of root issue for years. I never have to clean anything anymore. The z7 keeps everything clean.

z7 makes running DWC much easier and only cost about 2.5cents per gal to treat the water.

It is hard to tell. But it looks like your water level may be a little high. They need at least a 2" air space under the basket.

If the water goes down and then gets filled up past that 2" point it will most likely become a big issue very fast. It can send them into shock or even drowned them.

(I am running ph perfect in ro water my ph has been staying around 6.2 I got it down to 5.7) How did you get it to go down?

Back
Top Bottom