I need a new grinder

whatayawant

The two I have right now are getting to the point where I just about can't turn them anymore.I should try and clean them but that's time away from my weed.I know what my priorities are. ;-)

I've seen the Phoenician but for a 3 and a half inch grinder and a price of $110,it's almost overkill for me because it's just me smoking here.And my hands aren't as strong as they once were so ease of use is the main thing I'm looking for.

Does anyone have a favorite to suggest? Anything over $15 is fine by me just as long as it's not jewel encrusted or some such nonsense.In the end I'm just looking to grind my weed and get stoned.

Want some solid advice on gunk'd up grinders that won't turn? Olive oil bro! Put some olive oil around your seals and spinners An you'll be amazed at the difference.
Don't soak it just wet a q-tip or something. Cheers and smoke on .

I tried the olive oil and it grinds so smoothly now,I can't believe I never thought of trying it before.

I'll do a search on amazon for that grinder,thanks Dragun.

I've got a Space Case two-piece, think it might have been CNC machined out of a single block of aluminum or something (it's at least as my buddy's four-piece from another manufacturer). Hasn't had a great deal of bud go through it, but <EMBARRASMENT> heroic amounts of leafy material has been ground up in it and the teeth are still SHARP. Might be "laser-cut," you'd have to go check their website.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend was sitting at the table taking the flint out of a Bic lighter (redneck pack rat :rolleyes3 ). Five minutes later he literally stuffed it full of dried leaves and started grinding away. Said, "Boy, this sure is hard to turn, I think I put too much in it." However, he was able to turn it and to grind the material.

When he dumped that material out, lol... he had to pick little pieces of that long little spring from the Bic lighter, the one that formerly held the flint against the striker wheel before he took the lighter apart, dropped the spring on the table, dropped a load of cannabis leaves onto the spring... and then picked it all up and ground away.

I can say that my Space Case grinder is capable of grinding buds, leaves, and metal springs ;) . I looked for damage to the teeth and couldn't find any. I've also used it since and I cannot tell that it has been put to... industrial duty.

This grinder was a gift, so IDK the price. It's a "name-brand" product, so it probably won't be cheap. But it appears to be of the highest quality - and how often does one need to replace one's grinder, lol?

BtW, I think I prefer the two-piece grinders over the models that have a "crumb catcher." I never could see the point of voluntarily preventing any trichomes from reaching the bowl along with the bud that they were just knocked off of. Others collect all the little bits for later. IDK... If I get a craving for something "beyond bud," I'll just make hash oil or something similar.

BtW², Since you can fill a tube with cannabis, spray a can of butane through it, and literally watch the resulting THC-infused butane run out the bottom of the tube... next time your grinder becomes difficult to use, you might try taking it outside to a location where there are NO sparks or open flame and spraying the inside of the grinder out well with butane (holding each grinder part in such a way that the butane can wash across everything and then run out quicker than it evaporates).

The masterdam mill grinder is great easy to use and comes in a couple of sizes and can be brought for under $50. Well worth it I have had 2 first one got stolen

I just have a little hand-cranked one now, but the best one I ever had was a small 110 volt coffee grinder. It was a bit noisy, but man did it ever chop up the buds! I would venture to guess that one of those can be picked up at a hardware store or somewhere that sells coffee pots and the like. There are similar, but cheap battery-operated models available which are sold for chopping up weed, but don't bother with one of those. If there's a piece of stick in with the bud it will jam up.

Just bear in mind: you get what you pay for, but I guess you already know that.

Back
Top Bottom