Kratky method: will it or won't it

upinsmoke365

So I was just doing some reading and came across a article about growing hydroponic like but without pumps or nothing. Check it out, how do you think this will fair with marijuana? I am contemplating trying the kratky method.

Could be interesting, but I'm way too lazy to go and start googling to find what you're referrring to.

Edit- oops- now I'm guessing there's a video in that blank space in your post. Apparently my last iPhone update doesn't like 420 video links. They're invisible to me.

Bases of idea is you leave a air pocket for roots to breath and water below that to feed them. Attached a pic of the idea I seen.
279709f4850fbdb6bd2dd645ef312b87.gif

It is amazing, Kratky Method is the most efficient hydroponic system. It is basically an aquaponics system without 5-gallonity. It is simple to form of farming, you need 5 gallon water pot, nutrient solution, PH Kit and growing media.

It works!!!!

Attachments

• D5F758BE-B031-4CFF-AD2C-6BB4CC123E1B.jpeg
    D5F758BE-B031-4CFF-AD2C-6BB4CC123E1B.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 670C81A3-A2CE-42D8-AB24-8E26E6EEB046.jpeg
    670C81A3-A2CE-42D8-AB24-8E26E6EEB046.jpeg
    644.7 KB · Views: 413
  • F6356DBA-1076-42C3-B0E3-B5A5D78AE9F3.jpeg
    F6356DBA-1076-42C3-B0E3-B5A5D78AE9F3.jpeg
    627.8 KB · Views: 349
Weed is a weed and should grow damn near anywhere LOL. I am sure it works but may not be best. Pretty sure Deep water culture is the new updated version of this.

There is also the Wick method of hydro that can be done with no pumps or extra equipment. I tried it in my early years with some success.

My flower room is hydro, everything else I do is Kratky. Seeds clones and mothers all Kratky here. (my mothers don't stay around forever).

A solo cup fits into a 1L peanut butter or mayo container, 2 different size tobacco cans next size up. Kratky and coco means I never have to worry about water too much. Res has water, pot's not submerged I'm good for days.

Oh yea... I ain't no pro....

Weed is a weed and should grow damn near anywhere LOL. I am sure it works but may not be best. Pretty sure Deep water culture is the new updated version of this.

There is also the Wick method of hydro that can be done with no pumps or extra equipment. I tried it in my early years with some success.
I’m going to research that wick method

I gave it a try with pretty good results in veg....until..summer came and i started having issues because the water got warm and then came the slime. The plant was healthy enough to survive root pruning and transplanting into coco, and went on to produce nicely.
That being said if you're somewhere like a cool basement where the water won't get hot should work really well.
Also, if you start having to cycle your water through a chiller then you lose the benefit of a passive hydro system.

I set up a mini kratky bucket for herbs/lettuce out of a $1 plastic tub (shoebox size) with 2" net pots sitting in holes drilled in the lid. Now i need to try it out!

Back
Top Bottom