Air prune roots and how important it is

bignugz420

So I am not a professional or anything at all, I am just a average grower, but the things I was taught work good for me, so air prune roots is done a couple different ways, one by using fabric smart pots
420-magazine-mobile157040211.jpg
2 by drilling holes into container and roots grow to holes die and new roots grow
420-magazine-mobile530404230.jpg
14 days old C99 I think the air pruning roots makes them grow faster, so anyway when your roots hit the air and die then it sends a message to tap root to make 2 more feeder roots, and the process continues and will always have fresh new roots, I also do it in DWC by letting res water drop to a very LOW level, and then same thing happens, if done correctly you won't get root bound you'll always have fresh roots, I am flushing a plant right now and and keeping water only 2" full, and want the tap root to get a message sent saying I need new roots, the saying is more roots more fruits and I am a big believer in that
420-magazine-mobile1191161870.jpg
holes drilled in the side and I recently up potted to have no root bound

So I couldn't finish all my thoughts I had to run some errands, when you air prune roots you basically top your roots, like when topping your plants, you get rid of one to get 2 in it's place of fresh feeder roots, I love the idea of doubling my roots with fresh feeders, and also NOT GET ROOT BOUND, LIKE I SAID I recently up potted and thought I was root bound it was 18" tall and in a 3 gallon plastic pot with holes drilled into it and it wasn't root bound at all it was actually all fresh roots, I was surprised. So I definitely suggest either fabric smart pots, drill holes into your pots, or in DWC drop water LOW for 24 to 48 hours and when you change water watch how many roots are in your water, I bet you'll be surprised at the amount of dead roots and the root mass building up more because of it doubling up like topping your plants

Back
Top Bottom