Double Header Kush: Double the Pleasure, Double the Fun

Oldgrowth

Two of 4 Hindu Kush (feminized) seedlings germinated presented 2 stems from a single seed. I have read speculation that this is more likely with feminized seeds, but whatever, I'm happy to have them. I resisted advice from a gardening expert to remove one twin (I even hate thinning healthy pea plants) falling back on the "let it grow" attitude still displayed by my increasing sparse long hair) and was pleased with the result. Both double hearers are lush and flourishing in their extravagant kushy way, obviously outstripping their single stem sisters planted and tended similarly outdoors. Although I appreciate the commercial seed growers desire for uniformity, it does make me wonder why double heading does not become a goal as a desirable selling point, at least for bushy indica strains like mine. A few OG Kush ladies of the single stem variety grown and tended similarly are doing well but none of the single headers are equally promising as the twins. Two heads or three, at least if it's indica, then I preach: "LET IT GROW!" In the Fall I'll offer a dry yield comparison for you number crunchers.

Two of 4 Hindu Kush (feminized) seedlings germinated presented 2 stems from a single seed. I have read speculation that this is more likely with feminized seeds, but whatever, I'm happy to have them. I resisted advice from a gardening expert to remove one twin (I even hate thinning healthy pea plants) falling back on the "let it grow" attitude still displayed by my increasing sparse long hair) and was pleased with the result. Both double hearers are lush and flourishing in their extravagant kushy way, obviously outstripping their single stem sisters planted and tended similarly outdoors. Although I appreciate the commercial seed growers desire for uniformity, it does make me wonder why double heading does not become a goal as a desirable selling point, at least for bushy indica strains like mine. A few OG Kush ladies of the single stem variety grown and tended similarly are doing well but none of the single headers are equally promising as the twins. Two heads or three, at least if it's indica, then I preach: "LET IT GROW!" In the Fall I'll offer a dry yield comparison for you number crunchers.

At this point the Hindu is snug in curing jars where it will remain for a 2 month process. The current dry yield, - I doubt it will lose much more water weight (I try to harvest to coincide with hot dry weather when the trichomes show the 1st amber.) totals 6 pounds. The double headers produced proportionately more dry yield. As to the OG, the amount now hanging to dry is heavier in wet weight, so I expect a bit more. So..... I anticipate 6+ pounds of the OG when it's done.

Some observations:

The Hindu seems naturally resistant to insect damage, the OG less so. There's plenty for me and the other little insect critters.

OG's alternative moniker, Allgooey or some such, was very evident. Resin practically drips from these plants.

The outdoor grown OG was sufficiently robust to need very little propping (a bit of masking tape sufficed) that I attribute to the almost constant sea breezes here in my neighborhood San Diego.

Be careful what you wish for. As I use cannabis at a fairly modest rate for medical purposes, I will have quite a bit to give away, at 1 0z per under the new 2017 CA law. This has always been my old hippy practice.

Back
Top Bottom