What's the most you would pay for seeds?

Gardenseed

Face it, seeds are expensive. but what are they really worth? I just got 5 OG KushxHaze for 65$ What the hell??!! Anyway I think were getting ripped off. Honest opinion, what are seeds realy worth?

Re: Whats the most you would pay for seeds?

Face it, seeds are expensive. but what are they really worth? I just got 5 OG KushxHaze for 65$ What the hell??!! Anyway I think were getting ripped off. Honest opinion, what are seeds realy worth?
Five healthy plants should yield you about 5 to 10 oz. or more of usable bud. Here in L.A., dispensaries charge anywhere from $350 to $500 an ounce depending on the strain. That's a pretty good return on an investment of $65.

I just paid $120 for five fem Grandaddy Purple seeds, but Seedsman always includes a number of various other freebie seeds with every order, even more if you pay by bitcoin, making it a pretty sweet deal IMO.

So yeah, it seems like a lot till you realize just how much $$ you will save not having to buy those several ounces.

I get it but...seeds are only part of the equation. Power bill might be the biggest expense unless going LED. Nutes, fans, pumps, filters the expense adds up quickly.

However, no matter how fancy your garden equipment you can not have great cannabis without starting with great genetics. The seed is the initial investment. $20 to $25 does seem reasonable for a stabilized strain.

I generally buy through Seedsman or Midweek Song. I have no problem spending good money for elite genetics. At the end of the day, you can keep a mother plant of the seeds you bought and clone them over and over again. It's a great investment no matter the cost.

I get it but...seeds are only part of the equation. Power bill might be the biggest expense unless going LED. Nutes, fans, pumps, filters the expense adds up quickly.

I added up the expenses of my first grow (Banana Kush x Gorilla Glue #4) at $10 a seed, and the high end cost would be $100 all told (electricity / 2 since I had two plants in the tent, plus nutes, etc.). I just got two ounces out of the plant, and at a dispensary cost of $400 an ounce for a similar strain, I figure I saved myself $700 by growing my own. So yes, it's a wise investment to me even if I have to spend upwards of $30 a seed.

However, no matter how fancy your garden equipment you can not have great cannabis without starting with great genetics. The seed is the initial investment. $20 to $25 does seem reasonable for a stabilized strain.

Yarp that. I'll always go for superior genetics over just so-so cheap seeds of undetermined origin.

i hate to steal your thread but these guys are getting under my skin. until they tell the world who's genetics they have , they should be boycotted ..

Crop King - We Will Do Better
Quote Originally Posted by KODA13 View Post
I've bought 7-8 strains from cks . mediocre results at best , as far as plants/germ go. they have treated fair and the staff was and has been good to deal with. but i have some questions...

how did cks get these new genetics ? overnight ? your ssh hermies every plant . ive grew no lees than 12 from seed in past 3yrs ..

according to your seed bank you have blue dream parents , but no seeds available .
with the seeds available in your bank, there are many proven crosses but are not available. yet you carry , sour d , durban etc ? did you breed these seeds ? is this cks version cross of these strains ? did you just buy the rights of the real genetics ? other seed co take years to create a strain , cks got 6 popular strains overnight ? who's genetics ?

Valid questions, but I think CKS is done fielding questions on 420.com. They issued their mea culpa and left the building....
Crop King - We Will Do Better

Back
Top Bottom