My First Grow!

PurpleReign

Hello All, This is my first grow. I have been happy with how things have been going thus far. I'm running 4 different plants with 4 different strains. I just went 12/12 2 days ago, and have 3 confirmed females. The females are Grape Kush, Pineapple Chunk, and some mystery seed. I'm waiting on the Sour Diesel Max to show sex. I'm running ffof/perlite/coco in equal parts. How do they look? My tent is 4 x 4 and my light is a 315w cmh. I'd like to hear from others about what I can expect flowering with a single 315w cmh which is optimal for only 3 x 3. I topped my plants once and did some lst, so it's looking like the 3 females will hopefully each have 6 - 8 colas. I can't afford to add a 600w hps right this moment, but plan to in the future. Should I add some cfl or other supplemental lighting? I saw some 75w ones at home depot for $8. Does anyone have any experience with those? Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Id def get a new light in there asap. You'll be good with that light for about a week more. Plants usually stall out their growing in that time. But you'll want more red light before they start streching. That seems to be the time they learn/test their environment and 315 watts just isn't enough for 4x4. Also when you get the 600 hps i'd run both lights. The cfl bulbs would also be a waist really put that $ to the hps.
Another short term solution that will help is to shorten your grow room. Your plant at the size they are now don't need all that space. Try putting them in half of it and block the light with something reflective. Use mylar/panda paper if you have it. If not any flat surface that can be painted white will work.

Before we get in to changing light based on spectrum, what bulb is your CMH. Phillips has two. 3100k and 4200k I believe. The 3100k being more common and it has PLENTY of red light to go around and is optimal for flowering. As you stated you know the 315W isn't ideal for 4x4, but run what ya got. I have a similar setup as you and do not have issues, except I may be slightly lacking on yield (yield is not my goal anyway). I'm not advanced with lighting but you can accomplish quality with what you have. A more cost effective supplement would be led. Like skiball said cfl isn't going to do much.

Edit: phillips has more than 2 but these seem to be widely used.

Before we get in to changing light based on spectrum, what bulb is your CMH. Phillips has two. 3100k and 4200k I believe. The 3100k being more common and it has PLENTY of red light to go around and is optimal for flowering. As you stated you know the 315W isn't ideal for 4x4, but run what ya got. I have a similar setup as you and do not have issues, except I may be slightly lacking on yield (yield is not my goal anyway). I'm not advanced with lighting but you can accomplish quality with what you have. A more cost effective supplement would be led. Like skiball said cfl isn't going to do much.

Edit: phillips has more than 2 but these seem to be widely used.

I have the 3100k by Phillips. I plan on having 400 more watts of hps in there within a week as I found a good deal on a 400w for $50. I really think that will be all I will need as I don't need a huge quantity, but quality is of extreme importance. I cant afford local dispensary prices, so I have to learn to be self sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom