Anyone tried growing in an autopot

jezz85

Just wondering if anyone has completed a grow using an autopot setup.

I'm half way through a grow using one, every thing was going good until about 2 weeks into flower, that's when things started looking sad very sad. I think it might be a ph issue, the ph keeps climbing.

It's only got perlite as the medium.

If anyone has had some experience using one I would love to hear how you went and if you encountered any issues and how you went with the final grow.

Cheers,

420-magazine-mobile760552168.jpg
3 weeks to go

The clay pebbles stop your main medium (in my case 50/50 coco /clay/with pebbles) from soaking up too much food.

In turn, giving your roots a hell of a lot more oxygen.

Do you have any picture of the babies throughout the grow?

I used them with great success a couple of years ago, coco/perlite, grew a few monsters. Once I got the hang of them had zero drama, the airdromes that can be bought for them makes quite a bit of difference in yield...

I've got a couple of photos on another thread but I don't know how to link it. I'm back to work tomorrow so I'll post a couple of pics when I get back, hopefully they will keep recovering.

Do you guys know of any simple mistakes a novice might make. Have you come in any ph issues.

I'm only growing in straight perlite, so do you recommend I mix it up with some coco and a handful of pebbles at the bottom.

It's only a single pot system and I think I let it veg a little to long

I'll put up some photos to give you a gander In a fortnight if it's not embarrassingly dead.

I used them with great success a couple of years ago, coco/perlite, grew a few monsters. Once I got the hang of them had zero drama, the airdromes that can be bought for them makes quite a bit of difference in yield...
I've read so many threads about the air domes and had most people finding no difference so just went without them, but i might try them on my next garden to compare as I'm grown girl scout cookies again.

I've got a couple of photos on another thread but I don't know how to link it. I'm back to work tomorrow so I'll post a couple of pics when I get back, hopefully they will keep recovering.

Do you guys know of any simple mistakes a novice might make. Have you come in any ph issues.

I'm only growing in straight perlite, so do you recommend I mix it up with some coco and a handful of pebbles at the bottom.

It's only a single pot system and I think I let it veg a little to long

I'll put up some photos to give you a gander In a fortnight if it's not embarrassingly dead.
I've just had a look at the beast! Nice growth from one pot... I did also notice your ph level is off too, as you're not using soil, its classed as hydro so the ph level must be between 5.5 and 6.5

I started off at 5.8 and changed to 6.2 as i started to see a bit of cal mag deficiency towards the flower stage,

420-magazine-mobile689789672.jpg

Found this chart and it shows that cal mag are better absorbed at the higher end of the range.

I've read so many threads about the air domes and had most people finding no difference so just went without them, but i might try them on my next garden to compare as I'm grown girl scout cookies again.

I ran same strain side by side one airdome one without, difference was almost 3 oz more with airdome. "Individual results may vary".
Only problem I had with ph swing was getting nutes dialled in, and not flushing my coco properly. After that, yellow leaves only ever occurred late in flower ✌️

I ran same strain side by side one airdome one without, difference was almost 3 oz more with airdome. "Individual results may vary".
Only problem I had with ph swing was getting nutes dialled in, and not flushing my coco properly. After that, yellow leaves only ever occurred late in flower ✌️
Sounds good but in what space and what wattage light?

Looking very nice tango, that's how mine should've been looking and as you can see from my other thread it got a bit sick.

Thanks form the help so far but I have a couple more questions.

-Next time round would you recommend I mix the perlite 50/50 with coco.
-Do you flush the plant when you change the res tank water.
-What's the best way to measure the ph in the pot.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom