The Guy At The Grow Store

BuzzDaddy

Here's what I'm working with.

4'x4'x80" grow tent
Two Cheap O' Chinese 300 watt LED Lights, so that's per say 600 watt of leds but actually are putting out around 150 watt each from the wall, which actually is 300 watt of light from the wall.
1-Can Lite Carbon Filter With Pre Filter, 6-Inch 600 Cubic Feet Per Minute
1-Can-Fan Inline Centrifugal Fan S 600 6 Inch.
6 inch ocsillating fan and timer.
The tent is inside a bedroom which is used often. I'm going to be growing a few plants. I'm about ready to harvest with the 4 I have now but I'm growing them in my make shift grow closet, which works pretty good.

So here's what The Guy At The Grow Store says: I don't need an intake fan at the bottom of the tent to pull fresh air in but instead I can get 6 inch flexable venting that has the black inner coating and wrap it around the tent to keep light leakage from happening. IS HE CORRECT? CAN I DO THAT?

a) What kind of cheapo LED did you get? It sounds just fine. They are suppose to draw much less. That's the point.

b) What kind of tent is it? I don't really get what he's talking about. Does it have black mesh for the vents? Mine also has pads that velcro to the mesh to completely block the light. I have one blocked during dark. It's the one that faces the window The other two face walls. I close the curtains to the room, which makes the tent plenty dark for the flowering phase. If you can't ensure darkness, you are better off with an intake fan. Then again, why don't you just use auto seeds?

@Calvados, Homdox 300 watt led full spectrum light.
Apollo Horticulture 48"x48"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing. It does have the velcro windows at the bottom but if I open them up then light will come through. He's talking about leaving them attached but rather inserting the flexible hose through the round opening at the bottom to allow air flow then just letting it run around the tent to reduce the light leakage per the black interior of the venting. I've thought about autos but maybe in the future. Pics attached.
420-magazine-mobile1206655250.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1074750093.jpg

I understand what you mean now. A big maybe. Fresh circulating air is super important. If you can't afford an intake fan, and you can't keep the exterior room semi-dark for the flowering phase I suppose it's an option. Those tents seal up tight, so you need to be careful about humidity and heat (signs it isn't getting enough air). If you put the tent in a corner and block the one exposed vent, you may find that it's good enough. The best way to check for light leakage is from the inside of your tent. If you can't see, it's good enough. Let us know how you get on.

Helpful hint: Don't forget to tape over things like LEDs from any fans or power strips in the tent. It's amazing how bright they are in the dark. I'd also recommend occasionally witnessing your lights shutting off to ensure that the timing is correct and just double check you have addressed any light issues. It's VERY easy to forget about things like the little humidifier with the LED that you added or a side zip that you left open and forgot about. This is the kind of crap that will play havoc with your plants flowering.

I understand what you mean now. A big maybe. Fresh circulating air is super important. If you can't afford an intake fan, and you can't keep the exterior room semi-dark for the flowering phase I suppose it's an option. Those tents seal up tight, so you need to be careful about humidity and heat (signs it isn't getting enough air). If you put the tent in a corner and block the one exposed vent, you may find that it's good enough. The best way to check for light leakage is from the inside of your tent. If you can't see, it's good enough. Let us know how you get on.

Helpful hint: Don't forget to tape over things like LEDs from any fans or power strips in the tent. It's amazing how bright they are in the dark. I'd also recommend occasionally witnessing your lights shutting off to ensure that the timing is correct and just double check you have addressed any light issues. It's VERY easy to forget about things like the little humidifier with the LED that you added or a side zip that you left open and forgot about. This is the kind of crap that will play havoc with your plants flowering.
Thanks for the tip man. I learn this truth during my first grow, no negative consequences, thank goodness. Again, Thank you for all your help Calvados.

Back
Top Bottom