New grower

Flightflores

Hey guys I recently received this plant from my cousin. I had some questions about home nutrients and what I needed to make them. Or also different cheaper nutrients I'd be able to use. I'm not sure of the strain. It would also be great if anybody could help me determine how far along or what stage the plant is in? Also if anybody could give me any kind trimming advice or cleaning up guide would be great thank you !

420-magazine-mobile1181841751.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1043291096.jpg
420-magazine-mobile731849787.jpg
420-magazine-mobile112164720.jpg

Looks like the plant has already been lollypopped (type of trimming). Being you are growing in obviously pure soil, I recommend watering very easy and allowing the pot to almost dry out. There are many cheap nutes you can get like miracle grow liquid fertilizer npk 12-4-8 or other alternatives at Walmart, Lowes, ect. Though if you going to use commercial fert, I would only recommend 1/2 the dose at there recommended intervals. Most will tell ya get foxfarms or advanced nutrients bla bla. This is obviously your first grow. Not a bad idea to stay cheap and learn the ropes.
Are you planning on keeping it outdoors until it flowers? If so, grab a cheap cfl and take a cutting clone and put it under 12/12 lighting and see if the plant is a female or not.

Google "Jacks 3-2-1" if you are interested in designing your own nutrient mix.
This season's veg in autopots (in the dirt outside now) was 3-2-1 as the base, ph down to adjust the ph, hydroguard for the rez, and silica blast.
A weekly top dress of Recharge kept the microbial life happy.
Best for hydro or neutral media, but also works well at 1/2 strength every other watering in soil.
I've used many of the 2 and 3 part expensive mixes, but confident enough now to avoid paying a fortune for "mostly water" by buying the actual ingredients, and adding my own cheap water.
There is a Growmau5 youtube test of a grow with the whole New Millennium line, and 3-2-1 side by side.
3-2-1 was used the whole grow, with just some humic/fulvic acid added on occasion, compared to NM, the whole schedule, with all the different mixing requirements per stage of growth.
The difference in the end?
A couple grams better for a whole lot more work and $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom