Couldn't Help Myself

flytier

Well, my first plants aren't going to see their proper harvest time. I was doing good keeping my hands off them and then I went and threw out my back. So I cut one of my plants down and nuke-dried it to get it somewhat smokeable. It wasn't a big plant to begin with, and it was only about halfway through budding.

So last night my back snapped back together and the remaining plant that's flowering isn't looking too good; kind of getting very brown and crispy with only a few leaves left. That one's in the process of being harvested a bit at a time now.:lot-o-toke:

So anyway, the next ones are just starting the budding cycle now. Hope my back stays good for another two months or so. On the plus side of things, even though I have a long way to go to get good at this, I do have the satisfaction of knowing that I can smoke something I grew.

I have on the go right now four White Widows, five CBDreams and a Short Rider auto, anywhere from seedling to early flowering, both in a grow closet and out by the front door in pots.

As for seeds, I have some King's Kush CBD and Hash Plant. I'm kind of eager to get the HP going. I might plant a couple indoors in a few weeks time.

Well, my first plants aren't going to see their proper harvest time. I was doing good keeping my hands off them and then I went and threw out my back. So I cut one of my plants down and nuke-dried it to get it somewhat smokeable. It wasn't a big plant to begin with, and it was only about halfway through budding.

I did that in my very first semi-successful grow back in the day. Then I realized that taking something from an in-progress grow (meaning during flowering, when I cannot simply allow the plant(s) to grow vegetatively for a lengthier period to make up for the rape of the garden) was like losing a tenth of a second during the first 60' of a race - it equated to being a full second off at the end of the ¼-mile. And, to add insult to the injury of the few grams I took for my garden being responsible for losing many grams at harvest time... The effect profile of immature bud is lousy, the potency is low, and the duration is short.

But, yes, it's tempting. Just ask yourself, "What would I do if I didn't have these cannabis plants growing in my tent/closet/basement/young tart's summer villa?" - and then do that thing.

Just finishing 2 of them. My first grow. You will like them. Easy and forgiving. I strongly suggest you top and train them.

Generally, you can avoid topping if you train. When the gardener ties the top down in such a way that, instead of being the highest point of the plant, it is lower than much of the rest of the plant, it causes certain auxins ("plant hormones") to become redistributed throughout the portions of the plant which are now higher than the "top." And that causes those other portions to behave like the top - growth and branching. You can end up with something that is reminiscent of a multiflora rose, lol (until several years ago, there were still halfwit highway department heads that decided this plant was a good idea to plant in highway medians because you pretty much couldn't evem drive through the stuff at 70mph, lol - but it spreads like cancer).

And the best part is that you don't lose the growth that you'd otherwise be snipping off.

It's why "scrog" works so well, the grower is promoting a madly-branching growth behavior... All without ever having to remove mass from the plant.

I wish I could grow all that! Would be such a blast. Let's just say that where I'm located, I'm looking over my shoulder with just 2 lol.

Yeah, it's not too hard to do that here. Right next door to me in the trailer park is the woods so it's kind of easy to keep on the down-low. I have a bunch of flowers and vegetables for camo, also growing on the deck in pots. Best way to do it is to hide it in plain sight.

I did that in my very first semi-successful grow back in the day. Then I realized that taking something from an in-progress grow (meaning during flowering, when I cannot simply allow the plant(s) to grow vegetatively for a lengthier period to make up for the rape of the garden) was like losing a tenth of a second during the first 60' of a race - it equated to being a full second off at the end of the ¼-mile. And, to add insult to the injury of the few grams I took for my garden being responsible for losing many grams at harvest time... The effect profile of immature bud is lousy, the potency is low, and the duration is short.

But, yes, it's tempting. Just ask yourself, "What would I do if I didn't have these cannabis plants growing in my tent/closet/basement/young tart's summer villa?" - and then do that thing.

Well, I'll have the chance to test myself when my next ones flower. The second one for some reason hasn't been doing too good anyway and it was looking pretty rough when I got home so I just cut it. .

Yeah, it's not too hard to do that here. Right next door to me in the trailer park is the woods so it's kind of easy to keep on the down-low. I have a bunch of flowers and vegetables for camo, also growing on the deck in pots. Best way to do it is to hide it in plain sight.

How do you hide the smell?

I've been way too paranoid to run indoor and outdoor grows at the same time. Two people have been busted in my area in the last few years without ever telling anyone (AfaIK). One was observed carrying supplies into woods, evidence was gathered, blah blah blah - and then they had probable cause for a warrant to search his house, where he had something like 96 plants in his basement. The other, if I understand correctly, was growing in the woods and the plants were spotted. LEO simply kept an eye on things for a couple weeks instead of immediately chopping it. I think they might have used video footage at the trial. Again, they got a warrant to search the person's home from the outdoor evidence.

Both people could probably have gotten probation from their outdoor busts, but that wasn't the entire scope of their cannabis growing operations. So... jail <SHUDDERS>.

I have a lock on my tent

Isn't that about as useful as locking a convertible at the mall, lol? Or does your tent have knife-proof walls?

How do you hide the smell?

I've been way too paranoid to run indoor and outdoor grows at the same time. Two people have been busted in my area in the last few years without ever telling anyone (AfaIK). One was observed carrying supplies into woods, evidence was gathered, blah blah blah - and then they had probable cause for a warrant to search his house, where he had something like 96 plants in his basement. The other, if I understand correctly, was growing in the woods and the plants were spotted. LEO simply kept an eye on things for a couple weeks instead of immediately chopping it. I think they might have used video footage at the trial. Again, they got a warrant to search the person's home from the outdoor evidence.

Both people could probably have gotten probation from their outdoor busts, but that wasn't the entire scope of their cannabis growing operations. So... jail <SHUDDERS>.

Oh, I don't actually do any growing in the woods, just out by the front door. Way too many deer to grow weed I think. I'm just picking around and seeing what I can do right now, but I have no plans to grow in the woods. And I have no plans to grow anything near 96 plants. When I'm back to indoor only in the fall, I'll have about 4 or so on the go at a time, plus a couple cuttings every now and again.

Carbon filter, zero smell. I made my tent where you can't see into it from any point and I have a security cam on it with a 2 way speaker that I can watch on my phone from anywhere in the world. This is simply because I live in an apartment and the maintenance crew can come into my place. I highly doubt they will know what it is but if I see them checking it out I will take it down simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom