Does anyone on here use no till gardening?

The rooster

I'm looking to make more soil have more of a punch and looking to switch my indoor grow over into a no till garden only water. Looking for like minded individuals to steal some knowledge from. I used to ask Jerry over on GC but I'm not on there anymore. There must be some organic freaks on here too I would imagine. Anyone?

Thank you so much!

No problem, lol; it took me all of five seconds to get those thread links. I just typed site: followed (with no space in between) by the forum's http address, then a space, then "no till" (with quotation marks, because I wanted that to be treated as a single search term) into the nearest Internet search engine, then copied and pasted a few of the ~700 results. You can do the same. Note that there aren't actually 700+ threads on the subject, because some multi-page threads get treated as separate results. Still, the "site-search" is a pretty useful tool, and it enables one to perform more complex searches at a forum than what the forum's own inbuilt search routine may be capable of handling.

If you find any jewels in those (or in your own searches), feel free to return to this thread to post about what you've learned. I wasn't trying to infer that you should rely on previous threads (only) instead of starting a new discussion, just trying to help you with a quick set of leads.

Can anyone break down the concept of no-till for me really quick and simple? It's just - English is not my first language and I can't seem to figure what it is in my own language so - What the heck is no-till?

Can anyone break down the concept of no-till for me really quick and simple? It's just - English is not my first language and I can't seem to figure what it is in my own language so - What the heck is no-till?

No till is basically super soil that you create from the very start. You load it up with organic and degradable nutrients and the soil breaks itself down over time and only ever becomes stronger. You never pull root balls up you just cut the stem at the top and plant the next plant right next to the previous one. The organic matter breaks down the old roots and let's off more nutrients during the process.
In my opinion it's awesome. Just not sure how to implement it in my small scale indoor grow.

I understand. Think I would maybe add a little Cannazym to the mix. That helps break down roots fast and converts them into nutrition the plants can use. If you want to speed it all up a little bit

No problem, lol; it took me all of five seconds to get those thread links. I just typed site: followed (with no space in between) by the forum's http address, then a space, then "no till" (with quotation marks, because I wanted that to be treated as a single search term) into the nearest Internet search engine, then copied and pasted a few of the ~700 results. You can do the same. Note that there aren't actually 700+ threads on the subject, because some multi-page threads get treated as separate results. Still, the "site-search" is a pretty useful tool, and it enables one to perform more complex searches at a forum than what the forum's own inbuilt search routine may be capable of handling.

If you find any jewels in those (or in your own searches), feel free to return to this thread to post about what you've learned. I wasn't trying to infer that you should rely on previous threads (only) instead of starting a new discussion, just trying to help you with a quick set of leads.

Thanks for that excellent search tip TS! I've been meaning to post a question about how to do better searches on the forum - this will help a lot.

Thanks for that excellent search tip TS! I've been meaning to post a question about how to do better searches on the forum - this will help a lot.

Glad I could help. I learned about it years ago when... a defunct search engine was still around. Had an excellent advanced search capability, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Could search for two terms close together in the page (not necessarily side-by-side) whilst disallowing results that had a third term, stuff like that. I think it might have been Alta Vista, but I was pretty hazy then, so the memories are even hazier now ;) .

Means that you don't plow. It's all about getting a good micro organism city going in the soil which let the plants take the nutrients they need.
You don't feed the plant, you feed the soil ;)

It's a Living Organic Soil method where you use absolutely no fertilizer, just water, some use teas some don't.

Very interested in proper organic growing, I'm gonna try out high brix next grow, and I'm gonna experiment with some add only water no-till with cover crop and companion plants soon ;)

I always thought this would be to hard to accomplish in single pots. It takes room for soils to grow and live well. The one thing that always bothered me about this method is commitment. So many things can infest or build up in soils. Outdoor I can really see it working great hard to reproduce indoors. Lots do it though. Soma use's communal planter boxes at one time. Very similar style. Every grow I seem to have 1 or 2 plants that have troubles. Always worried what how those would effect the whole grow. With pots you can treat each plant different.

I always thought this would be to hard to accomplish in single pots. It takes room for soils to grow and live well. The one thing that always bothered me about this method is commitment. So many things can infest or build up in soils. Outdoor I can really see it working great hard to reproduce indoors. Lots do it though. Soma use's communal planter boxes at one time. Very similar style. Every grow I seem to have 1 or 2 plants that have troubles. Always worried what how those would effect the whole grow. With pots you can treat each plant different.

Things can infest any grow.

Go with at least 7 gallon pots, or make a bed indoors, the clever thing is that you keep using the same soil again and again without doing more than top dressing some minerals and tending to the cover crop.

With pots you can treat each plant different.

With no-till you NEVER treat the plant, only the soil, and then the plants take what they need.

...so invite him to stop by our forum, lol.

Back
Top Bottom