Advice needed! Organic subtropical grow

Dankinougen

Hi there, this is my first post and 2nd grow (no nutes used on my first grow). I live somewhere that makes it hard to find alot of stuff so I will tell you what im planning and let me know what you think. All tips and advice with be greatly appreciated.

Im planning on vegging 3 to 4 fem seeds indoors in 15l pots under 100w cfls (I have 4 for each plant) for up to 6 months then moving them outdoors to natural 12/12 light in 50l pots.

Now for some info on where I live. At the moment its the rainy season and raining until october or november therefore im vegging indoors. The humidity is always high (60%-80%) and is always hot (27c-33c) outdoors so im thinking a couple of outdoor fans and coverage will be necessary. I will move the babies out in feb or march when its sunny although the humidity doesnt change.

I want to grow all organic so let me know if you think this wont be good enough.

For veg I will mix some soil, worm castings, coco coir and some egg shells in 15l pots and transfer the seedlings when 2-3 weeks old (only grown in soil). I will prepare aerated chicken manure tea (for npk) and aerated worm casting tea (for beneficial bacteria-microbes). I will feed the chicken tea once a week (starting very weak and adding more each feeeding) and the worm compost once a fortnight applying the same technique as the chicken tea (adding more each feeding).

During the veg cycle I will be composting potato skins to use in the flower cycle. Should I vermicompost or is normal composting better? I have loads of worm castings already for worms that have been feeding on elephant manure (from outdoor growing psilosybe cubensis, yummy!).

For the flowering I will mix the potato skin compost, egg shells, worm castings(or worm tea a couple of days after transfer), coco coir and soil. I will also use some seaweed that I collect at the beach (rinsed) and some sugar cane as mulch. Will I need anything else for p-k or should the potato skin compost suffice? Have I got anything wrong?

I have also researched mold resistant strains and have ordered a variety which I will post below.

Please let me know what you think would work or go wrong and any problems I should expect along the way.

Happy farming :)

-Durban Poison
-Super Silver Haze
-Blue Dream
-Pineapple Chunk
-Frisian Dew
-Moby Dick
-Strawberry Amnesia
-Strawberry Cough
-Critical +

All in a 3 pack

Looks like a pretty good mix. Definitely get as much compost in there as you can, maybe see if you can get some more mineral content in there (rock dust is easy and cheap to source if there are any stonecutters or masons around you). Seaweed is definitely going to be a good thing to have. Looks like you've got some good strains picked out. Durban Poison and Blue Dream are two ive always wanted to try

Bone meal is something to consider you can make your own. You can go to a butchery and ask for it too. Bloodmeal is also something to try very high in nitrogen so go easy.

Back
Top Bottom