Show off your spacebucket!

I have two light tops for this bucket. Here it is with the Apollo 180w LED. I need to seal up the light leaks, but I have it behind a black-out curtain.

spacebucket_LED.png

I have to say this is great work guys. A space bucket was my first try but tax returns quickly changed my plans. Just curious about your yields and if you had any major issues growing?

My best is only about 20g. Not enough light to fill out the colas. I think more lst less topping may be a better route than my last try

I did an experiment, as you can see in the pictures. One in a grow box and one in a space bucket. Box and bucket take up about the same amount of floor space but the bucket takes up much more height room. I can honestly say, hands down the box has been the best, and that's mainly down to not having the issue you state with not enough light getting to the lower colas. With the box I was able to LST to keep the plant as low as possible, but as even as possible at canopy level to gain maximum light across the whole plant, something which you cannot do with a space bucket.
If I was to do it all again, I'd make two grow boxes, I just think they're much more practical and take up less room!
Here's a picture from tonight
420-magazine-mobile1699796397.jpg

Looks awesome mate ! I'm a big fan of boxes rather than buckets. What are you growing ?
Thanks! Am growing CBD Blue Shark. About 5 weeks in and seems to be doing well. Using an Autopot so very easy to look after.
420-magazine-mobile610729631.jpg

It has a smart plug fitted so I can check exactly how much power I am using and shut it down remotely. Also have a camera in the lid which gives a pretty clear picture from wherever I am in the world.

420-magazine-mobile2088044164.jpg

Thanks! Am growing CBD Blue Shark. About 5 weeks in and seems to be doing well. Using an Autopot so very easy to look after.
420-magazine-mobile610729631.jpg

It has a smart plug fitted so I can check exactly how much power I am using and shut it down remotely. Also have a camera in the lid which gives a pretty clear picture from wherever I am in the world.

420-magazine-mobile2088044164.jpg

Wow, you've got everything covered !! Subbed

IMG_20170918_192116843_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20170918_192102107.jpg

IMG_20170918_191724937.jpg

More a "spacebox" than bucket. :)

Used Nally bins (light and fan installed in the "deep" size bin, always on top), a 12v computer fan for airflow, and at the moment have a 600W CB LED installed (not the one in these photos). Have lined top bin with foil for reflection, and there are vent holes opposite the fan for airflow.

Fans and vent holes baffled to exclude outside light for day-length control.

Have a heat mat underneath and seems to keep temp 22-35 degrees pretty well at the moment.

Thing with Nally bins is that they come in shallow and deep sizes. If i need extra height, i can replace the lower bin with a deep one. All i did for assembly is to screw tabs to the edges of the top bin and that locates is securely on the bottom bin. Lift off when need access.

Have my first attempt at clones inside. Planning to put these in small pots as soon as roots established and flower them asap. I am pretty sure a couple are males but thats good in my context as i want regular seed from this run.

Spacebox /bucket thing is something i'd like to play with and an interesting concept i hadn't come across before visiting here. Many thanks all.

Small scale SOG is something im thinking of trying? Could be a good way of continuous production during the warmer months here when i dint think i'll be able to use the tent. And, there are serious power savings to be made just running 1 LED.

Welcome to the world of microgrows. It's lots of fun. Nice looking setup. If you have a good source for clones a mini "lake-of-green" would be cool. I'm currently redesigning for a mini scrog in a bucket. Feel free to reach out for help if you need it lots of knowledgeable folks around to help. Happy growing

IMG_20170924_084005.jpg

IMG_20170924_083828.jpg

Ahh..got inspired to post better photo of the beast. Todays project will be to set up auto watering as i am heading off bush /beach next weekend for 4 days. Am going to have my jiffy post sitting on watering mat. Ball valve tap timer on a jerry can (waters my main grow tent as well every 24 hrs) to an adjustable dripper in the box. Will have to use the adjustment on that dripper to reduce the water flow to the box so as not to flood.

Back
Top Bottom