Slow maturation under COB LED

Freek1

420 Member
I have all the kinks out as far as growing under LED I have super frosty plants , but it is taking them forever to finish.
Any suggestions?

I built adjustable arrays , mine were rated at 600 watts for 12 sf but were to powerful. So I am running at 400. 30 watts per sf.

First more patience,secondly instead of 12/12 try 16 dark/8 light. personally i would give them the time they need after all the work and time we have spent thus far,silly ? maybe but have you been checking trichomes with a loupe. also harvest time depends on ones preference regarding clear,milky and amber trichs. regards

First more patience,secondly instead of 12/12 try 16 dark/8 light. personally i would give them the time they need after all the work and time we have spent thus far,silly ? maybe but have you been checking trichomes with a loupe. also harvest time depends on ones preference regarding clear,milky and amber trichs. regards

Thanks.. just went to a great 10 hour light day... yeah I understand patience after all not new to growing. New to using only LED.

I just noticed it's taking longer and am liking for a solution.

yeh hopefully someone will be along with an answer for you Freek1, if i find out tips to help mature quicker under led`s i`ll come back with info no worries. regards

I hope someone has the knowledge, never had this issue under HPS.

This is the problem i have with LED, it's kind of new and the growing technique needs to be adjusted and there is very little help online.

Another problem that I had and solve was light intensity...I had to much and the plants were freaking out. I ended up buying a light meter and realized that anything over 50,000 lux at plant level was too much. Never had a problem with HPS because by the time you had to much light you had way too much heat and were forced to back off.

At this point I am gonna see if light spectrum has an effect is well I mixed up blue and red chips so I am thinking I need to designate an area for all red for the finishing area.

I will keep you updated.

Adding infra red and Uv to your mid to late flowering plants will shave off 10 to 14 days on your finish time. Some people turn off the big grow light 1 or 2 hours early and introduce iR and Uv for the last few hours. It's supposed to induce plant sleep by tricking the plant into thinking it's getting pretty sunset light and tell it that it's time to start using that stored energy.

Ok, went to another site and someone suggested it was temps. My cab was running at 67 , got a seedling heating mat , turned the fan all the way down and put in another fan to go over my light arrays and down to the canopy .
It bout the temps up to 75-78 and the started maturing.
Just wanted to get back to you on this.

Back
Top Bottom