Allergic to growing?

I grow in regular old soil. I use nutes but very seldom, no co2

Indoor or outdoor? It could be that you're having mold or fungus in the soil that is causing some breathing problems. Not saying that it's an invasive mold or fungus; they naturally occur in good soil.

You may consider trying a hydroponic method to see if that helps.

This is something to consider. The ingredients of the soil for example. I was trying a new organic style. Well after a severe reaction I read the ingredients and found much of the contents were peanut shells. It nearly killed me. Wish they had a warning on the front. Just my 2 cents. It happens.

I have this problem as well, I found I am allergic to certain strains so I just don't grow those. This is due to the pollen in the plant so if you have allergy to weeds (no pun intended) you may have symptoms especially while growing in an enclosed space. My symptoms usually start midway through flower and will continue throughout and gets even worse while trimming and drying. I don't smoke so I don't know how those strains would affect me if I did. I have grown in soil and hydro both with no difference in symptoms. Here is some info on the pollen in the cannabis plant Hemp (Cannabis) Genus Level details and Allergy Info | Pollen.com

This can definitely happen. At various dispensaries I've worked with certain trimmers who have terrible issues with it and then others (like myself) who have no issue at all.

I don't have any answers sadly. But I am subbing up in hope I may learn something new.

Sorry to hear about your troubles

As the pot world goes through growing pains lots is to be learned. Looks like there is something to allergies to certain strains.
The real interesting side is the what's in the soil one. Organic soils have lots of living things in them. Molds good bad and indifferent show up in soil grows. All kinds of things that could create a reaction of some kind.
Now days companies can market and make soils just for cannabis cultivation. This in it self will create new problems here and there. Newer soil designs will be cropping up more and more. Which can create all new problems. Grab your Kleenex folks its going to be a wild ride.

Back
Top Bottom