LED Question

tonythc

My stepson brought this light home from a huge papermill where he works. This light says 6500k ,100 watt,13,000 lumens and also has a built in fan with no heat at all. My question is do some of you indoor growers think this would make a good grow light. Thanks in advance
420-magazine-mobile1048822436.jpg
420-magazine-mobile553440293.jpg

Honestly I think it would make a sub par grow light. With that output you could grow at best one plant and that's generous considering that for one it's round so about 50% of the light is lost in another direction. Maybe a reflector could get some of that light back but not too effective. Two is the output. If you need a comparison think about a basic LED grow light like the Galaxyhydro 300w light. That light if I remember correctly has 3w LEDs and covers a grow area of 2' x 1.5' at best.

It's a novel idea. I just don't want you disappointed at the result.

I started out with 2- 125w cfl's at 6500k and they worked fine for veg in a 2x4 space,then chnged them for 2 at 2700k for flower. Got some nice plants so if you use this one in a small space with one or two plants and add some 2700k for flower should do OK.

Back
Top Bottom