Your embarrassing newbie story

I'd like to start a thread of your most embarrassing newbie mistakes that you look back on and laugh at. I have quite a few but one takes the cake.

When I first tried to clone I cut fan leaves off the plant and put them in soil. I couldn't figure out why they were dying at an alarming rate.
And now we know . . .

My last grow, wasn't paying attention, and had a plant grow into the CFLs lol. Burned the top up real good before I noticed.
Oh man! CFLs can definitely do some damage when they're up close and personal, especially in fast growing stages. Hopefully they turned out with minimal damage.

Lmao that's funny . Definitely pulling up a chair for this one, considering this is my first grow and am sure I will make mistakes !
I hope we get some good mistakes for everyone to learn (or laugh) from! And possibly get some very experienced/respected growers on here to share their humbling moments so the newer growers see that there is light at the end of the tunnel .

Buying a ton of shyt in a two week period not really knowing how to use any of it hahaha
Oh, man... that was the most expensive aspect of starting off new. A guy sold me a DWC system with lighting. I lost so many seeds. Thank God I was able to use the lighting down the road and the DWC setup was pretty cheap.

You get use out of your original equipment purchases down the road?

I underestimated the importance of good exhaust on my first grow. Tried to make my own "fan". Quickly realized it wasn't even close to enough and then I added a booster fan to that. Both fans combined wasn't enough lol. Luckily I was able to harvest but still had to cut it a little short. Next grow will be with a 6" Hyper fan fo sho!

As a teen I grew my first plant on a balcony that barely got direct sunlight and fed it my mom's flower fertilizer. I remember there were tons of pistils, no actual buds and probably no trichomes (I was too new to know what that was). I wish I had taken pics.
No flush, no cure, dried it, smoked everything the plant gave in one joint and of course, got a headache.

Buying a ton of shyt in a two week period not really knowing how to use any of it hahaha

I have an amazing humidity and temp gauge...lol IE a Titan Saturn 6. It is interesting to see PPM, in my grow it naturally gets up to 800ppm sometimes. I thought I wanted to do CO2 1st go around, glad I didn't; would have been a waste of even more money. I will for sure be using CO2 in a later grow.

puted a 42w cfl abover her , left home for work for 8 hours ,
came back ,
the bulb fell on her ( 2 days old max )
the stem was so dark and thin , fried the shit out of that poor baby

On my first grow I quickly looked for the metric to imperial conversion as my nutes on listed metric. At the end of the grow I realised I missed a number or two in the conversion and was feeding about 1/8th of what I thought.

My first grow was a random bagseed that I found and tossed outside. Couple weeks later I noticed a plant had come up (was at 3rd node) Couldn't leave it outside so I transplanted it into a 1.5 gallon pot filled with the desert clay haha. Within 10 seconds of getting her out of the ground all leaves were completely droopy and wilted. I still kept it and watered with only tap water which could never drain because of the clay. Somehow she recovered after a week and produced a quarter dried haha. It was such harsh smoke.

Back
Top Bottom