Serious leaf problems in DWC

Biophelic

420-magazine-mobile1257379144.jpg

Please help identify issue.
Auto flowers
DWC
6 weeks
On going issue

Using distilled or RO water? Try adding a calcium/magnesium supplement to your reservoir.

Using tap water that already has Ca in it? Try adding a little Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) to the reservoir, or mixing up a foliar feed of the stuff and spraying your plants (and then making sure that the light isn't close enough to burn the plants, as all those little water droplets on the plant will act like lenses).

Already at pains to ensure your plants are receiving both adequate amounts of Ca & Mg and trying to make sure that they are in the proper ratio? Hmm... Do you smoke cigarettes, lol? That doesn't look exactly like TMV (tobacco mosaic virus), but if you use tobacco products and don't wash your hands before each and every time you do plant maintenance, then I'd have some concerns about TMV.

Using distilled or RO water? Try adding a calcium/magnesium supplement to your reservoir.

Using tap water that already has Ca in it? Try adding a little Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) to the reservoir, or mixing up a foliar feed of the stuff and spraying your plants (and then making sure that the light isn't close enough to burn the plants, as all those little water droplets on the plant will act like lenses).

Already at pains to ensure your plants are receiving both adequate amounts of Ca & Mg and trying to make sure that they are in the proper ratio? Hmm... Do you smoke cigarettes, lol? That doesn't look exactly like TMV (tobacco mosaic virus), but if you use tobacco products and don't wash your hands before each and every time you do plant maintenance, then I'd have some concerns about TMV.

Thanks a lot, it could be TMV. Will decrease temps and decrease PPM to allow plants to destress

Could be Cal/Mag def. Many DWC/RDWC growers use Sensi CalMag xtra, liquid. Including an amazing product called Flying Skulls Z7. It helps with high temps.

Also, what are the water temps? I lost 2 plants to root rot on my fist DWC run. Ideal temps are 62-72F.

Hope this helps.

Could be Cal/Mag def. Many DWC/RDWC growers use Sensi CalMag xtra, liquid. Including an amazing product called Flying Skulls Z7. It helps with high temps.

Also, what are the water temps? I lost 2 plants to root rot on my fist DWC run. Ideal temps are 62-72F.

Hope this helps.

I use beneficial bacteria and grapefruit seed extract to fight root rot, temps are fine.
Also using mineral water which is supposed to have some cal mag. I thought flora series with micro nutes would cover cal/mag. Water temps are fine

Thanks, noted

I've always felt that nute problems are systemic and affect the whole plant or large portions of them, but you've got leaves of a similar age and position that look quite healthy. Are you absolutely certain it's not pests? The affected leaves all appear to be touching or in line vertically (bugs fall off onto the lower leaf) From the looks of your pic it might be an advanced case of thrips.
Here's a link to the best guide for nute and pest problems that I've found and it's on 420:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

It looks like cal deficiency. I had one on my last grow. How do your top leaves look? Especially the ones directly under your light. Thats usually where it shows up first as burnt spots and progressively gets worse. Can also cause hollow branches.

I've always felt that nute problems are systemic and affect the whole plant or large portions of them, but you've got leaves of a similar age and position that look quite healthy. Are you absolutely certain it's not pests? The affected leaves all appear to be touching or in line vertically (bugs fall off onto the lower leaf) From the looks of your pic it might be an advanced case of thrips.
Here's a link to the best guide for nute and pest problems that I've found and it's on 420:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Agreed, almost looks like the silver sheen thrips leave on that damaged fan leaves. I would be inspecting under the leaves good. The way the leaf is curling up is also a sign of broad mites. I would rule out pests before anything else.

Back
Top Bottom