Power Africa
White Widow
Amnesia OG
Jack Herrer
Mother of Berry
Nyc Diesel
Og Critical
Strawberry Blue
So far my MOB is done and curing right now so this will be the long haul. Tell me your favorite to grow and smoke.

420-magazine-mobile1724981983.jpg

My Ultra White Amnesia next in line..

Bueller??/ Bueller?? Just kidding I had to throw in a movie reference showing how old and out of touch I have gotten. I am new to growing but I have to say so far I really enjoyed the Candy Kush I got from our dispensary. I didn't grow it but I liked the taste and affect a lot. I have 2 #1 skunk bag seeds in flower right now and they smell great, can't wait to see how they are with my insomnia. I have some Borderline XTRM and a Liberty Haze that are in Veg tent waiting to step up into the big girls tent and the Liberty Haze really sounds nice. When I was younger there was no real strain choice issues, it was good or brown Mexican dirt weed. Not much of a choice really. Now I look at the seed companies catalogs and I want one of everything. I am trying out some auto plants with the next grow started and am excited to see what they have to offer. Hopefully some more folks will stop by your thread to help me choose some new beans for down the road. Thanks for starting a great thread idea and subbed in.

Thanks for subbing in and I have never had or grown any of those strains will be testing lots of them and recording my findings and anyone can comment and I think to know everyones opinion good or bad.

Yeah there is a really good strain review thread on one of the medical marijuana forums here but the more opinions the better. Also some of the recreational smokers can offer opinions on strains that might not be that common with the medical smokers. I just read about one last night I am going to try and it is called Night Nurse. Supposed to be a great strain for insomnia and heavy pain and is good for putting you out cold. That is what I need for a night time smoke, just something to hit me on the head and knock me out. I am also hoping for some daytime pain relief that won't make me a zombie so I am trying to test some more and find a daytime winner. Looking forward to seeing what others here are using and the seed companies marketing isn't always the best reviews so to get feedback from people actually growing and using them is great.

These are all the strains I have right now
Major Painkiller
Ultra white amnesia
Blueberry
Blue sensi
Diesel Moonshine
Neville Haze
Power Africa
White Widow
Amnesia OG
Jack Herrer
Mother of Berry
Nyc Diesel
Og Critical
Strawberry Blue
So far my MOB is done and curing right now so this will be the long haul. Tell me your favorite to grow and smoke.
Neville Haze and then Jack Herer.
Haven't grown NH but it's hands down my favorite smoke.
JH is a close 2nd though. And fun to grow

Tell me your favorite to grow and smoke.

If the Nevil's Haze is the original that Nevil Schoenmakers created back in the day (and took with him when he left Greenhouse Seed Co.) - and one of the not terribly common prime examples at that - then it ranks among my personal top five.

Sensi Seeds' original Jack Herer would definitely rank in my top ten, and I'd consider it to be a keeper.

Same goes for Serious Seeds' Kali Mist, but higher up than the JH.

Something we used to get from an OLD Seminole(?) Indian woman when she'd travel to here from down in the Florida swamps once a year, that we just referred to as "swamp bud" would be #2 or #3, depending on circumstances.

A Thai sativa that I once had, and d!cked around with for a long time trying to kick its tendency to turn shim in flower would be the strain that "fought with" and traded positions with the above.

Top favorite ever was some highlands sativa from down in Oaxaca (AfaIK) which was about the only thing I've ever smoked that had staying power, no ceiling (how high do you want to be? No problem, smoke some more, lol), and a propensity for turning reality on its ear. I'd be willing to trade a finger to have those genetics again, assuming I was allowed to pick which finger. Possibly even one of my own....

Subbed, they are looking like some good strains man, I've got some GSC in flower atm which smell really great :) x

How did they do in veg? I have a GSC in my veg tent and it has gotten almost too healthy if that is possible. I need to do some defol on it as it is so dense and nodes are so tight it is blocking off all light from the lower node sites and I am worried about the stretch when I put it into flower. I have to veg it for a pretty long time as I am hung up waiting on my flower tent to finish and as a new grower I didn't quite get the timing right. It will be in veg for about 3 months by the time it is ready and after only 6 weeks it is crazy loaded down with leaves. I can't wait to get that into the flower tent and get a smell of how it will be. I have topped it once and fimmed it on several spots and even with the LST I have tried I still need to get it opened up better. I'll have to post a pic when I get home tomorrow so I can show what I mean.

It will be in veg for about 3 months by the time it is ready and after only 6 weeks it is crazy loaded down with leaves.

Take a cutting, root it, and kill the mother, lol.

My kids are grown and we are empty nesters and my wife swears I have taken this so seriously as I have something to focus on that depends on me so much. I could not in good conscience kill off one of my kids now could I?:thumb: I will probably ask for another tent for my birthday next month and flower everything in the veg tent. I am just so stoked to watch how they grow and the differences between just the few strains I have going. I can see myself getting out of hand with new strains and I could never smoke all the product they would produce. I will have to try and keep myself in check and be patient. Having a bunch of different medicine to try is going to be a lot of fun and hopefully it will be able to keep fresh as I work through them.

Yeah, I felt the same way in a recent grow for some crazy reason. Probably because my favorite cat died in there, IDK. Anyway, I pretty much ruined things trying to deal with 25 ft.² worth of plants in a 9 ft.² space :roll_icon. Good luck with that.

If someone cloned me, produced a version the same genetic age - but without the bad eyes and ears, dental issues, bum knee, shoulders that have been out of place enough that I now try to watch what I'm doing so that a "normal activity" doesn't cause me to add to the count, general pain, ominous odd lumps here and there, prematurely-aged skin, and bad lungs... would this upset me? Naw, lol, I₂ would throw a party that'd go down in history as one of the top ten in this particular universe :woohoo::goof::yahoo::partyboy::slide::high-five::clap::thanks: .

I guess you could always keep things going as they have been and buy another tent/light. That'd work, too....

That stinks about your cat. We live way up in the mountains and have accumulated cats for a long time. They have a great free feral cat spay/neuter but the SPCA is a kill shelter and cats don't do too well there so my daughter and wife keep conning me into just one more. I love them all and even have one that likes to go deer hunting with me and will sit with me for hours on end hoping I get some fresh meat for the freezer. He gets some for his hard work and we have a unique relationship. My Labrador won't hunt worth a darn as he has become a couch potato but the cat is good company. I have had so many surgeries for shoulders, back, knee etc.. I am more synthetic than human now. I just started using marijuana recently for pain and it has been so much better than all the opiods the Veterans hospital had me pumped up on. I am completely off narcotic pain meds and feel 100% better and more aware/involved in my life. Now if the VA would just prescribe and or supply it I would really be a happy camper. I got into growing once I saw how much better it was for me and realized I couldn't afford to keep buying it from the dispensary. I am so much more positive of a person now that I am clear of those pain meds and can't wait to see the legalization movement continue to march forward.

Yeah there is a really good strain review thread on one of the medical marijuana forums here but the more opinions the better. Also some of the recreational smokers can offer opinions on strains that might not be that common with the medical smokers. I just read about one last night I am going to try and it is called Night Nurse. Supposed to be a great strain for insomnia and heavy pain and is good for putting you out cold. That is what I need for a night time smoke, just something to hit me on the head and knock me out. I am also hoping for some daytime pain relief that won't make me a zombie so I am trying to test some more and find a daytime winner. Looking forward to seeing what others here are using and the seed companies marketing isn't always the best reviews so to get feedback from people actually growing and using them is great.
I also need a nightime smoke for pain and insomnia and I recently tried sending pineapple Express for daytime and worked wonderful got you high at first then the energy and focus kicked in 15 mins later was great I bought it tho haven't grown it yet.

If the Nevil's Haze is the original that Nevil Schoenmakers created back in the day (and took with him when he left Greenhouse Seed Co.) - and one of the not terribly common prime examples at that - then it ranks among my personal top five.

Sensi Seeds' original Jack Herer would definitely rank in my top ten, and I'd consider it to be a keeper.

Same goes for Serious Seeds' Kali Mist, but higher up than the JH.

Something we used to get from an OLD Seminole(?) Indian woman when she'd travel to here from down in the Florida swamps once a year, that we just referred to as "swamp bud" would be #2 or #3, depending on circumstances.

A Thai sativa that I once had, and d!cked around with for a long time trying to kick its tendency to turn shim in flower would be the strain that "fought with" and traded positions with the above.

Top favorite ever was some highlands sativa from down in Oaxaca (AfaIK) which was about the only thing I've ever smoked that had staying power, no ceiling (how high do you want to be? No problem, smoke some more, lol), and a propensity for turning reality on its ear. I'd be willing to trade a finger to have those genetics again, assuming I was allowed to pick which finger. Possibly even one of my own....
It is from greenhouse seeds but don't know if it is for Neville​ shoemaker and I have heard alot of good things about jack herrer mine I bought from seedsman I did here jack is good but you get to the ceiling very quickly.

That stinks about your cat. We live way up in the mountains and have accumulated cats for a long time. They have a great free feral cat spay/neuter but the SPCA is a kill shelter and cats don't do too well there so my daughter and wife keep conning me into just one more. I love them all and even have one that likes to go deer hunting with me and will sit with me for hours on end hoping I get some fresh meat for the freezer. He gets some for his hard work and we have a unique relationship. My Labrador won't hunt worth a darn as he has become a couch potato but the cat is good company. I have had so many surgeries for shoulders, back, knee etc.. I am more synthetic than human now. I just started using marijuana recently for pain and it has been so much better than all the opiods the Veterans hospital had me pumped up on. I am completely off narcotic pain meds and feel 100% better and more aware/involved in my life. Now if the VA would just prescribe and or supply it I would really be a happy camper. I got into growing once I saw how much better it was for me and realized I couldn't afford to keep buying it from the dispensary. I am so much more positive of a person now that I am clear of those pain meds and can't wait to see the legalization movement continue to march forward.
Good for you man going the natural way will keep you alive longer than those opioid meds will.

How did they do in veg? I have a GSC in my veg tent and it has gotten almost too healthy if that is possible. I need to do some defol on it as it is so dense and nodes are so tight it is blocking off all light from the lower node sites and I am worried about the stretch when I put it into flower. I have to veg it for a pretty long time as I am hung up waiting on my flower tent to finish and as a new grower I didn't quite get the timing right. It will be in veg for about 3 months by the time it is ready and after only 6 weeks it is crazy loaded down with leaves. I can't wait to get that into the flower tent and get a smell of how it will be. I have topped it once and fimmed it on several spots and even with the LST I have tried I still need to get it opened up better. I'll have to post a pic when I get home tomorrow so I can show what I mean.
They grew so quick in veg, I vegged for about 5/6 weeks I did wot u done topped once an fimmed in a few places node spacin was fine tbh but I guess that can be hw far/ close u have Ur lights defo needs some defol they go so bushy an fan leaves bigger than my hands :) also I have done bout 4 before these GSC and these seemed like they took ages to flower I think but might be wrong lol why they did, I think I stressed them when switching to flower nxt time I'd slowly drop light hours by 30mins a day till gthey were at 12 hours

Back
Top Bottom